• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Record for the Bullspen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

This has to be the least amount of pregame talk of any USF football game on record.  C'mon Bulls, we gotta beat Pitt!!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Well, talking about this game would probably mean reflecting on our last...and I'm not sure anyone wants to do that.

I think if we can get a running game going this game (including running Matt like we did before he hurt his foot) we've got a chance.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

2/3 of the season is in the bag, with losses to Kansas, Rutgers and Cinci.

Earlier this season, people were penciling in a "W" for Pitt (homefield advantage

and all that voo-doo), but right now, we're all holding our breath...and hoping

for a win on Saturday. A loss to Pitt, coupled with what most believe to be likely

losses to L'ville & WVU (the road being what it is), and we are finito at 6-6. Again,

assuming we don't also lose to 'Cuse. And you know what that would mean.

The board is quiet for a reason.  The shine is off the season, and we're deep into

the hard-work.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Earlier this season, people were penciling in a "W" for Pitt (homefield advantage

for a win on Saturday. A loss to Pitt, coupled with what most believe to be likely

losses to L'ville & WVU (the road being what it is), and we are finito at 6-6. Again,

The board is quiet for a reason.  The shine is off the season, and we're deep into

the hard-work.  

Well stated as usual Wooly...

I think the board is unusally quiet because the Goggle Gaggle feels they may be skating on thin ice and the Dark Siders are licking their chops for this weekend.

I'm just psyched to be going to the game.  You learn to 'preciate things like that...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

This is the one game that I have been concerned about since the beginning of the year.  I just feel Pitt has our number.  I would love to get a win here in the worst way.

In many ways I see this game not only as huge for the Bulls, but I think it's the biggest game of Rod Smith's career to this point.  Here is a big game against a pretty good defense.  Both situations where he has failed to prove himself in any way.  I think he has more to prove than any other player or coach this weekend.  He needs to come in well prepared with a good gameplan and be ready to make effective adjustments to what Pitt throws at him.  He needs to help Grothe out with intelligent playcalling.

Obviously the rest of the team needs to play well and execute against Palko and on special teams.  I think it's winnable, but has me concerned.  A win here sets the tone for our respect in the Big East and nationally for the immediate future.  We have more to gain than we do to lose.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I have no idea why its been so quiet here.  I really expected more hype for this being a homecoming game and it being HUGE for us as far as getting a bowl.  If there were more bull threads about this game i wouldnt use my boredom on the BCS related threads  ;) lol  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

This is the one game that I have been concerned about since the beginning of the year.  I just feel Pitt has our number.  I would love to get a win here in the worst way.

I agree wholeheartedly and have stated this in other threads.  We need to beat Pitt so they do not become that thorn in our side every year.  I think everyone is scared of this game and does not want to talk about it and admit the ugly season this could be if we lose Saturday.  I have said it before, and I will say it again.  There are no doormats in this league.  Uconn and SU struggle, but can beat just about anyone with a little more talent.  SU will be just as tough as this week and then UL and WVU.

Everyone is holding their breath.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

We turned the upset of the decade for Pitt in 2001...

They have not forgotten, and have beaten us handily in each of the next two matchups ('04 and '05)...

They will be ready for the Bulls.  We better be ready.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the hard-work.  

Well stated as usual Wooly...

I think the board is unusally quiet because the Goggle Gaggle feels they may be skating on thin ice and the Dark Siders are licking their chops for this weekend.

I'm just psyched to be going to the game.  You learn to 'preciate things like that...

am i a dark sider?

i am hoping usf creams pitt and pours it on

i am counting pitt players quit on wanstedt after loss to ru

too me this is fun part of schedule because most pundits dont think usf can win.

USF HAS NOTHING TO LOSE NOW

PLAYING MCNEESE ST AND FIU SUCKS PLAYING THE BIG BOYS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT

HOW CAN THERE BE MORE TALK BEFORE MCNEESE ST THAN PITTSBURGH??????????????????????

THAT WHAT MAKES SPORTS GREAT USF CAN REDINE THEMSELVES AND HAVE ONE OF GREATEST COMEBACK EVER-they just have to win four games

i was there for jets v colts,mets v o's(sorry sheriff)  when the captain willis reed likmped on to the court against lakers

USF WINNING 4 STRAIGHT GAMES( OK 3 OUT OF 4) IS EASY COMPARED TO THE ABOVE 3 UPSETS

BRAD-I AM LICKING MY CHOPS FOR DIFFERENT REASON THEN YOU THINK. USF PLAYS SOME OF THE BEST.THESE UPCOMING GAMES IS WHAT MAKES 2 A DAYS BEARABLE!

IT IS THE MOST EXCITING TIME OF SEASON FOR ME

what happened to ET?