• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL vs WVU...who do you want to win?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I dunno why everyone thinks WVU is this unstoppable force. Their defense hasn't looked good all season, they haven't really had to rely on their QB's arm, and they commit a lot of penalties (which will bite them in the ass).

WVU hasn't been tested, they beat a very bad Maryland team whose record is inflated because they play in a terrible ACC, and while they did beat UGA last year it wasn't the blowout everyone makes it to be. UGA came in thinking it would roll over and went down 28-0. They came back to make it a game.

WVU is not very impressive to me, I personally think Louisville is a much more impressive all around team.

A 'very bad Maryland' team?  They lost on a last second drive by a whisker to Gtech, and to WVU.  They didn't look to bad against FSU.  Maybe average or above average but 'very bad' isn't fair, not fair at all.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno why everyone thinks WVU is this unstoppable force. Their defense hasn't looked good all season, they haven't really had to rely on their QB's arm, and they commit a lot of penalties (which will bite them in the ass).

WVU hasn't been tested, they beat a very bad Maryland team whose record is inflated because they play in a terrible ACC, and while they did beat UGA last year it wasn't the blowout everyone makes it to be. UGA came in thinking it would roll over and went down 28-0. They came back to make it a game.

WVU is not very impressive to me, I personally think Louisville is a much more impressive all around team.

A 'very bad Maryland' team?  They lost on a last second drive by a whisker to Gtech, and to WVU.  They didn't look to bad against FSU.   I wouldn't call them 'very bad' or even 'bad' maybe an 'average' team, or above average, I think we'll see since they've got BC, Miami, Clemson, and WF left on their schedule.  You might change your tune after those four games, but we'll definitely know what type of team Maryland is at that point.  One point is true, right now they're a 'bowling' type of team, and few teams that do that are 'very bad'.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

I want UWV to win this week so USF will be their first suffer this season!  UL was suffered by us last year.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

WVU has the best shot at the NC game and Louisville is not at full strength.  I do not see Louisville getting to play OSU.  OSU and WVU would be a very interesting game, you would need a calculator.  Talk about a lot of speed on the field!  USF is fast, but not at that level.  Ginn, White and Stanton are scary fast.  I do not see anyone from Louisville at their level.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I'm rooting for WVU, because I want to see a BE team in the NC game. Of course, it would be nice for Louisville to win and then they've got a shot, only to be schooled in the Pizza Palace by the Bulls. :-)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

both ul and wv are beatable

So is every other team in the country steve.  USC just lost to an unranked OSU team, and Michigan was 10-3 with four minutes left against Northwestern.  The only team that seems nearly unbeatable at this juncture is Ohio State the rest are all vulnerable.  After that who deserves to play them is debatable, but what isn't debatable is Michigan can beat them if they play good.

What would people say if Michigan and OSU end the game on a last 2nd FG for Michigan to win, and it ends up being one of those amazing games for the ages.  Do the pollsters, if WVU wins out, drop OSU below #2 after losing by a whisker to the #2 team in the nation?  That will be the question but there is still a lot of football left to be played before speculating about that.  We've already seen three top 10 teams fall to unranked opponents, and three have the sweat out tight games against unranked opponents.  THat tells you that nothing is certain until the games are played.

A 'very bad Maryland' team?  They lost on a last second drive by a whisker to Gtech, and to WVU.  They didn't look to bad against FSU.   I wouldn't call them 'very bad' or even 'bad' maybe an 'average' team, or above average, I think we'll see since they've got BC, Miami, Clemson, and WF left on their schedule.  You might change your tune after those four games, but we'll definitely know what type of team Maryland is at that point.  One point is true, right now they're a 'bowling' type of team, and few teams that do that are 'very bad'.

mighty maryland is a  now  ranked 38 and has a SOS of #72.BIG FRIGGIN DEAL. that was WV'S BEST GAME.

WV BETTER WIN OUT because that is their only hope of being in a bcs bowl.any loss will knock them to 9 or lower

wv's  sos is 89

computers dont lie fellas

So is every other team in the country steve.  USC just lost to an unranked OSU team, and Michigan was 10-3 with four minutes left against Northwestern.  The only team that seems nearly unbeatable at this juncture is Ohio State the rest are all vulnerable.  After that who deserves to play them is debatable, but what isn't debatable is Michigan can beat them if they play good.

What would people say if Michigan and OSU end the game on a last 2nd FG for Michigan to win, and it ends up being one of those amazing games for the ages.  Do the pollsters, if WVU wins out, drop OSU below #2 after losing by a whisker to the #2 team in the nation?  That will be the question but there is still a lot of football left to be played before speculating about that.  We've already seen three top 10 teams fall to unranked opponents, and three have the sweat out tight games against unranked opponents.  THat tells you that nothing is certain until the games are played.

oregon state is now ranked 25th by computer with a sos of  7

at end of the day it will   not be such a bad loss for usc that  still has a #1 sos

teams that want to  compete for national championship need  to play  top 10 SOS

if WV get in over a  one loss SEC team you can bet the bcs formula will be reworked again,

the gators have a SOS of 8

osu or mich will be undefeated this year so one of those teams is unbeatable