• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question to all the Bullpen Posters.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Started watching Football in 1983, along with many other sports (thanks to my cousin) while living in NYC.  My favorite teams back then were the 49ers and Notre Dame (now I just want those "Irish" to lose every game).  Began recognizing the rules and strategy while dominating with the same 49ers circa 1989 (Jerry Rice was unstoppable).  

Was never allowed to play because my parents would not have it (I know I could have been a very good high school DB).  

Got my undergraduate education (mentally and football wise) at FAMU!  Wow, what a great atmosphere.  In 2001, I came to USF to get a graduate education and have been a supporter eve since.  (Also became a season ticket holder this year).

BTW, my football "knowledge" says to give Ricky the ball.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Bloom, my brother played at KWC in '03.  He played MLB, but could only stay in the cold for one year before calling it quits and moving to Tallahassee.  But I did visit him once....WOW talk about the middle of nowhere.  They did have good bar b que though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

okay he goes nothing. I have followed football since I was 10 or 12. Was a huge Fins fan and Canes fan. Played pee wee and HS football. I was a NT and RG. Played mostly NT my jr and sr years. Had 2 schools seriously recruiting me. You prob of never heard of either school. Idaho State and Southern Utah. I was all lined up to go to Idaho State but my grandfather (like a father to me) got very sick my senior year. So I went to FAU in 2003 and walked on to the football team. I didnt get any playing time and decided football was done for me. I did get to come to USF and get beat something like 70-3.

I decided I was done with football and came to USF b/c one of my best freinds convinced me to. Best decision of my life. I have been a Bulls famn since 2004.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I grew up watching the Bucs and Gators since those were the teams my dad watched.  I went to a lot of Bucs games since my dad had tickets and have followed them my whole life (as long as I can remember).  Went to the their first home play off game against Philly and followed them to San Diego for the Super Bowl.

I followed the Gators until the Bulls came into existence.  Although I graduated from USF, I was never a big basketball fan, just football and baseball.  I played both from 1979-1987 when I graduated HS.  

Of course, those that know me, I am an avid Bulls fan now and bleed nothing but Green and Gold.  What more could you ask for than a college team in your own back yard.  I could care less about the Gators now.  

I have never been a "student" of the game but more of a fan.  I love football season and can talk with most people but will never profess to know as much as some of you.  That's what makes this board so great.  It is a great place to meet new Bulls fans and gain knowledge of the game.

And yes Jim, I loved kill the carrier.  Lots of bumps and bruises but a great character builder.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

None of you have anything on me!

I took the Orange Bucs to the championship and won the Tecmo Bowl. My one thumb is still injured...

TBH.jpg

Im still in my prime you dont want any of me son!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAgfY_NHzw

;)

(Not me but still fun)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I played youth football for the Schaumburg Athletic Association from the age of 9 until 14, and then two years in high school.  As a youth, I played almost every position there was, but in high school played primarily WR because I was already over 6 ft at 14 years old.  Spring of my soph year I was in a car accident that ended my football playing days.  I was pretty decent, caught 14 touchdown passes that year, so I was really disappointed.

I grew up a Bears fan, with various family members taking me to games at Soldier Field all season long in the freezing cold.  I never cared how cold it was, I just wanted to be at the game.  I also grew up rooting for both Illinois and Purdue.  Both of my parents went to Purdue, and I had family that taught there as well.  However, I liked the Illini more because that was Illinois' team, and they had the same colors as my beloved Bears.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Scored the game winning touch down in the Jingle Bowl December 25, 2002 just as the sun went down and it was to dark for the other team to go on offense.

That's awesome. Did you get a trophy?

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297

Never played in a league..........mainly baseball.  USF fan from day 1.  I will be until the end.  Recently a season tixs holder.  Graduated from the student section.