• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question to all the Bullpen Posters.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Played high school O-Line, my family thought I should go on to the next level but was not really big enough to do so. My uncle played for the U of Ill and went on to the bears he played with and is still friends with **** Butkus. And then went on to coach high school ball for 8 years at Lake Gibson and left it this year so I can watch the Bulls on the road and of course have a little interest in # 8   :D;). And Apis hey its ok I am glad you came out on here where help is all over  LMAO!! ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Played through high school......played defensive line, offensive line, and middle linebacker.

Played on offense exclusively in 9th & 10th grade, then played both ways every down in 11th & 12th.

Made all-county (big whoop) in Pinellas as a junior& senior, and played in the Palms Pinellas All Star game.

Had offers at some smaller schools, but decided not to pursue it.  I regret it a little from time to time, but life has worked out grand anyhow.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Play OL in HS, Played one year at left tackle for the mighty Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers. Left KWC after a back injury.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Hey Steve, great thread for a bye week! It's interesting to hear everyone's personal football perspectives. I've (obviously) never played, but I've been a fan of college ball since I was in the marching band in HS. Used to be a 'Canes fan in the early 90's, then had NO team while I went to UCF for undergrad, and became a huge BULLS fan when I came here for grad school in 98. (It's funny, I think Daunte was at UCF around the same time I was, but I don't remember there being a lot of buzz about football then. I went to one game at the Citrus Bowl in 4 years, and it was a ghost town.)

I've been following the BULLS at home and away since 1998. Got addicted to road games at the Georgia Southern game.  Try to get to at least one away game per year, plus the bowl game now that we are in the BE.

Guest BasketBull.

None of you have anything on me!

I took the Orange Bucs to the championship and won the Tecmo Bowl. My one thumb is still injured...

TBH.jpg

I have been an avid fan since the 4th grade when I started playing with neighborhood kids - sandlot football is the best... who hasn't played "kill the carrier" (tag with tackling).

Over the years, I have watched and learned a lot from the analysis on television - both college and football - and from various publications over the years.

For three years, I was a high-school and youth football official, mostly Linesman or Line Judge... occasionally Back Judge.  That was a lot of fun and I hope to get back into it next year.  I learned more about the way the game is played that way -- from rules to the way the officiating "team" interacts with the playing "teams".

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i've been waiting football since i was a little kid, used to have endzone seats a few rows off the field for canes games, and used to go to dolphin games when i was a kid, back when they still played at the Orange Bowl i believe.  played flag football for 4 years in high school for my youth group, played qb, and many other positions, as we had just enough to field a team.  was in marching band in high school, and got to see some great games being i am from miami.  came to usf in 2001 and have been a diehard bulls fan ever since.  i also remember going to a eagles game at their old stadium, sitting back seats and impressing my grandfather with how much knowledge of the game i had.  it was fun.  also have been playing flag football here at usf since 2001, and played mainly defense, rusher/linebacker.  and was a ref for a year here.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I've been watching football for 40 plus years.  Went to all of my high school games.  I grew up in Pittsburgh and I AM NOT A PITT FAN. ( We called those people Pitties) I've been at every home Bulls game since the first and go to at least 2 away games a yearand I never leave early.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Grew up watching "Brian's Song", "The Longest Yard" and "Gus:The Kicking Mule" ...... I'm not sure you can get more rounded than that.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Play OL in HS, Played one year at left tackle for the mighty Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers. Left KWC after a back injury.

So who did you root for in the inaugural game?