• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gameday making some valid points-Your Thoughts??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I don't get all of this talk about WVU weak OOC scheduleing;

Auburn's OOC schedule:

Washington State - no better than Maryland

Buffalo

Tulane

Arkansas State

Florida:

So. Miss

Central FL

Western Carolina

FSU

Furthermore if WVU goes undefeated it would have beaten #26 pitt, #16 RU and #7 UL.  I don't buy the arguement.  Perhaps the SEC is overrated ;)

bad example

SEC play a much tougher conference schedule

further, you need to look at big teams SOS pitt is best at #96, wv is #100 and usf is #130

you get no respect playing those types of schedules

sorry to say

fyi-usc is #1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i think if lville goes undefeated they should play for the championship...if its WVU undefeated...maybe

lville played miami (at the time were still ranked #17)

k state on the rd

they have a stretch coming up of

WVU

@ RU

USF

@PITT

louisville hasnt p;ayed anyone other than miami so far

their SOS is over 100

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

The best point made was by Desmond Howard who said WVU cannot schedule "cup cake" teams such as ECU, Marshall, & Maryland and then expect to play for the national title in the end and cry if they get jumped.

Your thoughts??

Um, WVU was forced to play Marshall by the WV government. It's not their fault that this year, Marshall is worse than they've been in the past ten. There's many years that Marshall would have killed WVU (and this is why they've always avoided scheduling them).

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

i think if lville goes undefeated they should play for the championship...if its WVU undefeated...maybe

lville played miami (at the time were still ranked #17)

k state on the rd

they have a stretch coming up of

WVU

@ RU

USF

@PITT

louisville hasnt p;ayed anyone other than miami so far

their SOS is over 100

true..but their SOS will go p after the next 5 weeks but if they lose to cse today it will not matter

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Neither Louisville and West Virginia scheduled anything remotely tough aside from Louisville getting Miami. I was saying a month ago that an undefeated Big East champ could be on the outside looking in. Auburn can schedule light because there were four SEC teams in the top 10 at one point -- Florida has never played its OOC with anything tough outside of Florida State, and it's been plenty in the past. The Big East needs to hope that USC or Ohio State lose, and then hope that no one-loss team can trump an undefeated league champion. I think wins against Rutgers and Pitt are more valuable than people expected entering the season ...

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

depends...if say 4 BE teams are ranked in top 25 & l'ville goes undefeated meaning they are 12-0 and beat 4 top 25 teams...do they really get overlooked?

i dont think they will go undefeated so this may be moot anyway

what will be interesting is to see how far lville or wvu fall if they lose to a BE team other than eachother.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Neither Louisville and West Virginia scheduled anything remotely tough aside from Louisville getting Miami. I was saying a month ago that an undefeated Big East champ could be on the outside looking in. Auburn can schedule light because there were four SEC teams in the top 10 at one point -- Florida has never played its OOC with anything tough outside of Florida State, and it's been plenty in the past. The Big East needs to hope that USC or Ohio State lose, and then hope that no one-loss team can trump an undefeated league champion. I think wins against Rutgers and Pitt are more valuable than people expected entering the season ...

Good post.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i like the be position right now

3 undefeated teams

50% of conf bowl eligible

let's get real, if our occ was all top 50 teams we would not have this great record.

i am not complaining. this NC discussion helps recruiting.

Does the ACC have anyone in the NC discussion?

The BE needs this NC discussion even though it is "puffed up" IMO.

i would rather every year the BE have two teams late in the year in the NC discussion than to play killer occ and be the 'joke' bcs conf afterthought, eliminated from nc discussion in week 3.

heisman discussion with slaton does not hurt either.

this is all good for recruiting, imo. BE shortest (surest) route to a NC.

hope the BE gets to play in the NC game and win one in the next 5 years.

hope we get two BCS games in the next 5 years (before the ACC would be nice)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They were speaking about a one loss team jumping an undefeated Big East team to play the winner of Ohio St/Michigan for the championship.

Kirk does not believe there will be an undefeated BE team saying they are good enough to beat each other, he further said only a one loss Florida or Auburn team would jump an undefeated Big East Team. (The SEC conference is the only conference worthy of that)

The best point made was by Desmond Howard who said WVU cannot schedule "cup cake" teams such as ECU, Marshall, & Maryland and then expect to play for the national title in the end and cry if they get jumped.

Your thoughts??

I think the Big Ten and PAC 10 could also claim a 1 loss team in the mix as well. Say Michigan were to beat Ohio State and USC lost a game. You could almost make a case for Ohio State and Michigan playing again in Glendale.

Desmond Howard is an idiot. Those schedules are made up years in advance and I am sure there are some Top 25 teams who wold want no part of WVU right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

My thoughts ...

Some times you never know where a team will be ranked in the future. Look at Missouri & Iowa ranked ... when UNC signed Rutgers, sure people joked about playing the basement of The Big East.

AND ... it's not easy to schedule a bigger team because they do not want to play you for two reasons:

A. They have a fear of losing to a team that is not historically a winner.

2. They lose money playing at OOC. SEC & Big 10(plus 1) make more money playing smaller OOC at Home.

Personally for USF ... I am "fine" with the future schedule - to a degree ... yes it is weak, but we still need to build a fan base. We could win ALL the games and not get in because of the schedule, but also ... we don't have many fans to travel either. We may lose lower tier bowls because of our travel numbers.

At this point, I am "okay' with winning and argueing that we got shafted.

For the record, I would prefer 2 bigger names in our OOC, but I do not wanna travel for pay games.

We play Kansas and NC State in 2008 ... who knows if they will be ranked or the way they are this year . . .

My goal is to win the Big East each Year ! What ever happens, we have no control over it.

HOPING FOR A PLAYOFF !