• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gameday making some valid points-Your Thoughts??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

They were speaking about a one loss team jumping an undefeated Big East team to play the winner of Ohio St/Michigan for the championship.

Kirk does not believe there will be an undefeated BE team saying they are good enough to beat each other, he further said only a one loss Florida or Auburn team would jump an undefeated Big East Team. (The SEC conference is the only conference worthy of that)

The best point made was by Desmond Howard who said WVU cannot schedule "cup cake" teams such as ECU, Marshall, & Maryland and then expect to play for the national title in the end and cry if they get jumped.

Your thoughts??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

A 16+ team playoff (16 is the minimum needed IMO) would decide almost of the questions in I-A football.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

The Big East needs to be building up its programs more and playing bigger teams - what is there to argue with?

You can't tell me WV playing Eastern Washington and ECU means a National Championship shot.  

If nothing else, getting some focus on the Big East should improve recruiting.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

I don't get all of this talk about WVU weak OOC scheduleing;

Auburn's OOC schedule:

Washington State - no better than Maryland

Buffalo

Tulane

Arkansas State

Florida:

So. Miss

Central FL

Western Carolina

FSU

Furthermore if WVU goes undefeated it would have beaten #26 pitt, #16 RU and #7 UL.  I don't buy the arguement.  Perhaps the SEC is overrated ;)

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea i think WV is hurting themselves with that schedule.  they had to know going into the year that it would be an issue.  i guess they are hoping that an undefeated season gets them there.  although, most people thought they didnt belong in the BCS but look what they did to Georgia.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

You guys know that West Virginia wasn't very good when they scheduled these cupcakes, dont you? Hell, there's a good chance they still had to play Miami, VT, and BC when this schedule was made.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

i think if lville goes undefeated they should play for the championship...if its WVU undefeated...maybe

lville played miami (at the time were still ranked #17)

k state on the rd

they have a stretch coming up of

WVU

@ RU

USF

@PITT

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

A 1 loss Florida deserves it.  They have had the toughest schedule all year.  Auburn shouldn't be ranked that high at this point in my opinion.  Hopefully Louisville will beat WV, since they have a better OOC schedule.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

They were speaking about a one loss team jumping an undefeated Big East team to play the winner of Ohio St/Michigan for the championship.

Kirk does not believe there will be an undefeated BE team saying they are good enough to beat each other, he further said only a one loss Florida or Auburn team would jump an undefeated Big East Team. (The SEC conference is the only conference worthy of that)

The best point made was by Desmond Howard who said WVU cannot schedule "cup cake" teams such as ECU, Marshall, & Maryland and then expect to play for the national title in the end and cry if they get jumped.

Your thoughts??

i said this along time ago

wehn ncaa announced 12th game

wv ran to schedule  eastern washington

a one loss pac 10 team,a one loss big ten team will also pass unbeaten big east team in computer rankings