• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Exactly Who Have We Beaten?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think the Bulls are getting better every week, but its hard to say how good when you look at the teams we've beaten, and the teams we've lost to.  I don't think we've beaten a team that currently ranks in the Top 80 of the rankings.  Our two losses were games we could have won, but it doesn't count since all we have is a loss to show for it.  Beating Cincinnati won't do anything to change this either.  We'll need to beat 2 of the 3 'big' teams that remain on our schedule.  Some sort of combination with Pitt, WV, or Louisville is the only way we get respected in the polls and around the nation.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

...and let's also look at what a loss at Cinci would mean. It is a conference game that carries more weight than Kansas, but Cinci isn't sitting as high as Rutgers.

There's a lot of folks who are already looking past Cinci to a win over Pitt. I'm not entirely sold that Pitt - albeit a home game - is necessarily a win.  It will be good to watch Pitt & Rutgers go at it this weekend...a good judge of looking forward and behind. And I don't expect either L'ville or WV to slip up, as they're both top 10 programs, so I'd be inclined to hold off on beating either of them. Could happen...but I wouldn't stack a lot of chips on 'em.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Well we are beating the bad teams on our schedule more convincingly than at the beginning of the year.  The team is playing better.  If we win our next 3 (UC, Pitt and Syracuse) and are competitive with UL and WVU we should begin getting some respect.  

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

USF can't take any game for granted.  Cincinnati could easily win this game if we play poorly.  Matt just needs to control the game with no turnovers.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I do not take any of the next 3 games as automatic wins.  Winning any of them will require a grade A effort.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

This year is a "building" year, in my opinion. This is the year that Grothe and the rest of this young team learn how to win (from ahead and behind), learn how to deal with adversity, and learn how to play on the road.

If we win 3 more games(probably Cincy, Syr, Pitt), I would be satisfied with the season, because of the afore mentioned things. But with the way this team is gelling, I wouldnt be shocked if we steal one away from Louisville or WV, but I'm not counting on it by any means.

Next year, look out Big East.  8-)

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

...and let's also look at what a loss at Cinci would mean. It is a conference game that carries more weight than Kansas, but Cinci isn't sitting as high as Rutgers.

There's a lot of folks who are already looking past Cinci to a win over Pitt. I'm not entirely sold that Pitt - albeit a home game - is necessarily a win.  It will be good to watch Pitt & Rutgers go at it this weekend...a good judge of looking forward and behind. And I don't expect either L'ville or WV to slip up, as they're both top 10 programs, so I'd be inclined to hold off on beating either of them. Could happen...but I wouldn't stack a lot of chips on 'em.

Who exactly is saying we will win against Pitt?  Pitt is on fire right now, whoever is saying that has yet to see them play.  I say we win at Cincy easy.  We will play well.  ON the other hand, it will take a near perfect game AT HOME to beat Pitt.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

ill be happy with 3 more wins this season.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

not including out bowl game  ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Some sort of combination with Pitt, WV, or Louisville is the only way we get respected in the polls and around the nation.

You're giving the pollsters too much credit.  They were voting for ucf last year even though ucf had only wins against teams like Rice, LA-Lafeyette, etc, by a whopping 2 or 3 points, not even like they kicked Rice's butt.