• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT SEATING-HOME GAMES

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

HOT needs microphones and cut out the :30 music clips.

Bingo!  not sure where they would set up the speakers with the setup of RayJ, but here we have speakers in front of the student sections that play the band music... not sure if they go around the whole stadium or not

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

HOT needs microphones and cut out the :30 music clips.

Ageed about the PA clips.  When HOT plays the first down music  the PA system playes "I'm Lovin' it".  There are many other times the PA playes over the band.  Quiet the **** PA system!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i would love to see HOT moved to the opposite sideline from where they are now.  it would help fill the crowd a little more.  specially since that is the "TV" sideline.  

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Did anyone think that the band at UNC was mic'd? Or was it just their stadium design that allowed us to hear them all the way in the corner of the endzone? They didn't look nearly as large as the H.O.T., but I sure heard them loud and clear.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

i would love to see HOT moved to the opposite sideline from where they are now.  it would help fill the crowd a little more.  specially since that is the "TV" sideline.

I'm a little confused. I thought the east side WAS the TV sideline. Aren't the cameras positioned on the west side? And why move the band to where they are NOT playing to home side? I'm on the diametrically opposite corner (SW) of the H.O.T. and have no problem hearing them unless a big play just happened and then I BETTER not be hearing them because everyone around me should me making mad noise ....

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

South Endzone - Center

1 - add some noise to that side of the field, and it may encourage others to sit in the area and liven things up a bit. Therefore, creating "atmosphere" on BOTH sides of the stadium. Something that is lacking currently.

2 - Remember when Leavitt called the timeout, against UCF, so Benzer could kick into the "quiet goalposts"?

3 - There's more room to organize without the pirate ship in the way.

4 - Everyone in the stadium will hear them. Right now, the "visitors corner" and more importantly, MY section, can barely hear them.  ;)

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i thought the cameras always pointed towards the USF sideline.  i could be wrong tho because i dont want any home games on TV because I"M THERE!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Wellll....considering that the band is currently 'reserved' seating,

and I'm pretty sure there are season ticket holders in the other

locales mentioned, how would you address that?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I am atleast on the same side of the stadium, I am sure people on the homeside def cannot hear it.

I'm on the home side about 40 yard line and they sound great from there....of course they are facing the home side so it makes sense. I have to say that this year I don't know what has gotten into them but they sound (easily) twice as loud as they have in the past.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Wellll....considering that the band is currently 'reserved' seating,

and I'm pretty sure there are season ticket holders in the other

locales mentioned, how would you address that?

• Good point.  No matter where you put a band in Jay Jay... it will be hard to hear.
  • Mics are severaly looked down upon with College Marching Bands.  Only "small" bands like UM do that.
  • If we had better attendance, I'd rather hardly hear us.  Sometimes you are just in a loud section.  
  • Start an OCS fund now.  I wish someone in the university would start it now... even a few bucks a year is better than nothing.  Get a head start

Many issues to address.  None of them with great or easy solutions.  

The band still needs funding to even attend games in 2007.