• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Hill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

"They've got a good quarterback now," he said. "I'm not holding any grudges. I just don't think they had any confidence in me as a quarterback."

He was named the starter before spring practice.  CJL and Rod were out trying to figure out how to use him like Vince Young.  How is that not confidence in him.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Dude, I never suspend anyone of any offense in NCAA, and my team has never gotten on probation.  I recruit the meanest, dumbest mofo's on the game and still haven't been able to get on probation.

[smiley=roflmao.gif]  That makes me laugh...........'cause it's funny.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

"They've got a good quarterback now," he said. "I'm not holding any grudges. I just don't think they had any confidence in me as a quarterback."

He was named the starter before spring practice.  CJL and Rod were out trying to figure out how to use him like Vince Young.  How is that not confidence in him.

[smiley=smiley_up.gif]

Was thinking the same thing when I posted this and 4got to mention that.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

its a shame carlton still thinks his future is at QB.  he will not make it to the next level as a qb.  his only bet is get drafted in the 6th or 7th round as an "athlete" type player and let an NFL team change his position.  if he stuck with DB or WR he could have a legit shot at becoming a top pick in the NFL.  no one doubts his athletic ability but the brief time he was at QB here...you did not see those natural QB instincts that you see in Grothe or saw in Blackwell.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

in my NCAA season he got suspended for 3 games for grades.....

and grothe got hurt against Uconn.

scary.  good thing i beat Cincy today in NCAA 07.

and josh julmiste was suspended for 2 quaters for a team rules violation.

haha.

anyways....good for c4.  he could of been a good WR for us.  but he isnt a d-1 qb.

ask brent schaffer

Dude, I never suspend anyone of any offense in NCAA, and my team has never gotten on probation.  I recruit the meanest, dumbest mofo's on the game and still haven't been able to get on probation.

It IS possible.  I sometimes sim seasons screwing around, and once in a rare while I'll get put on probation.  Every school starts out with an "ncaa interest" rating.  For a school like air force, it's pretty low.  For miami, southern cal, ohio state, and a few others, there's less breathing room.  Punishing players brings it down, doing nothing will cause it to go up.  As it gets higher, the % chance the NCAA whoops your a$$ goes up.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

Hill was still pretty green as a QB at USF.   He had the talent here, but he needed some playing time to get to the D1 level.   We might be singing his praises if he had been able to stay.   It sure would be nice to still have both Carlton and Matt.   There would be a lot of uses for Carlton even if he wasn't the starting QB.    At this point I am glad he is having success at Pearl and wish him the best wherever he ends up at next.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

its a shame carlton still thinks his future is at QB.  he will not make it to the next level as a qb.  his only bet is get drafted in the 6th or 7th round as an "athlete" type player and let an NFL team change his position.  if he stuck with DB or WR he could have a legit shot at becoming a top pick in the NFL.  no one doubts his athletic ability but the brief time he was at QB here...you did not see those natural QB instincts that you see in Grothe or saw in Blackwell.

I agree with your point, but Blackwell is a pretty crazy standard to hold guys to. That's like saying nobody should be QB at Florida if they can't win the Heisman and a National Title like Weurful did. It certainly looks like Grothe is going to be a huge star and is going to help vault this program to at least within striking distance of the top of the conference ... but honestly, I'd still love him as long as he was better than Ronnie Banks.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Hill was still pretty green as a QB at USF.   He had the talent here, but he needed some playing time to get to the D1 level.   We might be singing his praises if he had been able to stay.   It sure would be nice to still have both Carlton and Matt.   There would be a lot of uses for Carlton even if he wasn't the starting QB.    At this point I am glad he is having success at Pearl and wish him the best wherever he ends up at next.

I agree.  However, for him to say the coaches had no confidence in him was flat out wrong.  He messed up with his grades and off field issues.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i hope things work out for hill