• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Hill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

Carlton Hill has taken over the reigns at quarterback once again.  This time at Pearl River CC.

http://jcfootball.scout.com/2/579725.html

Sounds like he had a nice game!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

in my NCAA season he got suspended for 3 games for grades.....

and grothe got hurt against Uconn.

scary.  good thing i beat Cincy today in NCAA 07.

and josh julmiste was suspended for 2 quaters for a team rules violation.

haha.

anyways....good for c4.  he could of been a good WR for us.  but he isnt a d-1 qb.

ask brent schaffer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

“I think we’ve found a quarterback,†said fifth-year PRCC head coach Tim Hatten, who saw 2006's original starter Michael Greco go down with a broken collarbone on the last snap of the first

Well, this may mean that he may stay there as a QB for another season . . . and there is a possibility that Greco could come here and battle for the #2 spot ...

(Something that their #2 & #3 QB's were WR/QB's)  :o

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

haha.

anyways....good for c4.  he could of been a good WR for us.  but he isnt a d-1 qb.

ask brent schaffer

?? Brent Schaeffer is a D-1 QB, he's a BCS QB, but he wasn't smart enough to select a team with enough D-1A talent around him, at least not enough on caliber to compete in the SEC.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Carlton Hill has taken over the reigns at quarterback once again.  This time at Pearl River CC.

Putting Hill aside the Tribune said that USF commit Donte Spires had 18 tackles in this game 4 tfl, and one forced fumble.   Mr. Spires, all 6-3 240lbs of him at OLB said he'll be enrolling in January.

Glad to see that i wasn't real aware of Spires until Omni had told me in January before he signed.  What I saw, heard, and found out about this Plant HS product wow'd me!   He will be a force, and I hear tons of colleges are chasing but he isn't biting.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

haha.

ask brent schaffer

Dude, I never suspend anyone of any offense in NCAA, and my team has never gotten on probation.  I recruit the meanest, dumbest mofo's on the game and still haven't been able to get on probation.

... USF commit Donte Spires had 18 tackles in this game 4 tfl, and one forced fumble.   Mr. Spires, all 6-3 240lbs of him at OLB said he'll be enrolling in January.

Glad to see that i wasn't real aware of Spires until Omni had told me in January before he signed.  What I saw, heard, and found out about this Plant HS product wow'd me!   He will be a force, and I hear tons of colleges are chasing but he isn't biting.

Glad he his staying strong with BULL nation ... our past recruting efforts DO pay off.

I feel real good about 2007 LB's, the loss of Nicholas and St. Louis will be minimized.

Or they can suck and the season will be sunk because we didn't recruit well ... gonna try to balance my posts out for some.  ;)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Good for him but I am happy with Matt  :D.

Hill Makes Triumphant Return To QB

By JOE HENDERSON The Tampa Tribune

Published: Oct 19, 2006

POPLARVILLE, MISS. - If things had gone as Carlton Hill had planned, he would have been the starting quarterback this year at the University of South Florida. But grade problems led to his transfer in the spring to Pearl River Community College, and once there coaches quickly switched him to defensive back.

That's all changed now.

"He is my quarterback," Pearl River coach Tim Hatten said after Hill engineered a dramatic 28-24 comeback victory in the final minutes Saturday against Jones Community College.

Hill completed 12 of 24 passes for 170 yards and a touchdown after taking over in the second half. He also ran 51 yards on seven carries.

But his success might not bode well for USF if the Bulls are interested in having Hill return to their campus next season. Freshman Matt Grothe has taken the starting job at USF, and Hill said Alcorn State and Southeastern Louisiana are recruiting him to play quarterback.

Also, a scout from Southern Mississippi was watching as Hill led Pearl River to two touchdowns in the final five minutes - a 4-yard touchdown run with 3:19 to play and a game-winning 21-yard touchdown pass with 56 seconds left.

"I finally got a chance to show what I can do," Hill said. "Hopefully somebody will be interested in me at quarterback."

Hill said he hasn't heard from USF coaches since August and said he hasn't followed the Bulls closely.

"They've got a good quarterback now," he said. "I'm not holding any grudges. I just don't think they had any confidence in me as a quarterback."

Hatten called Hill "a five-star player" and said he also can be an outstanding defensive back at a major school or even the NFL.

"He can make money playing defensive back," Hatten said.

Hill is not the only player with USF ties who is playing well at Pearl River. [highlight]Former Plant High standout Donte Spires had 18 tackles at linebacker against Jones and forced a fumble. He was named the region's defensive player of the week.

Spires said he still plans to enroll at USF in January. He will have three full seasons remaining for the Bulls.

"I learned a lot here," he said. "I matured a lot. It was a letdown when I first came here because I didn't have the grades, but it was positive, too. I needed a little more time to mature."[/highlight]

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Best case scenario is he comes back in hopes of challenging for the starting Qb position, loses it to Grothe, and is satisfied with either being a DB or WR for USF.  Don't see that happening though as it appears he has his mind set on playing QB.  He should talk to Courtney Denson.  Playing QB at JC is a bit different than playing QB in the BCS.