• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Clubhouse as a watch party site

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry...but I love it.

I can remember hosting watch parties years ago - at Beef O'Brady's and one at the Clubhouse and worrying that NO ONE would show up...now we reserve and fight over seats.  You have to get there early?  Wow.  This is a good sign my Bulls friends..  

Those were fun times.

BTW -- I thought everybody wanted to stand during games, so who needs seats?

They need seats according to the fire depatment.  

They are such a pain.   ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Hey everyone:

Would have chimed in earlier but I can't log in from my home computer for some reason.  Reaper sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience at the Clubhouse but they do a great job for us and are always willing to help out.  That location has been really where we try to steer all the students to watch the game so it is a different crowd.  Our watch party program is growing like you can't beleive.  I think it all started with a group at the Carrabas on Fowler (Bulliever I think started them) and we (Bulls Club) kind of took their lead.

Our goal, as I've stated before, is to have watch parties pop up all over the place.  At some point in time in the near future we probably won't do "official watch parties" but just provide a list of USF friendly places that we know fans gather at.  This has always been the one of the goals.

The other goal was to demonstrate to Bay Area businesses the opportunities available by partnering with USF.  To the point where now places like the Bull Ring, although it isn't an "official' watch party, is promoting their own.  And that's what we want.

So if you want to start your own just let me know, even if it's just a place a few of you gather and you see some other Bulls fans their as well.  Thanks for all of your feedback everyone and keep up the great work.  We have some great people that put these things on (mutt and the gang, alau and Student Bulls Club, Tony Holbrook, the Sarasota Group, Donna and Audrey, and now BDYZR).

Go Bulls!

Eric

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I was going to go to the club house for the Cinci game, but I hate people that save seats no matterthe reason, especially after the game started!!!

Thanks Reaper, I'm going to Beef's on Bearss.  It's small, but good.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Food sucks. Service sucks. Last time I went there I won a free t-shirt, so I might go back their to watch the Cincy game. Probably not though.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I think that is good that these watch parties have grown. It just means that we need to keep adding more places since we are running out of room.  I cant wait until Lee Roy Selmon's opens up in Brandon because having a watch party that is close to my house is the ideal situation for me.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

I think they do a great job with both food and service at Clubhouse.  They have limited servers and still get food out in a very timely matter.  Clubhouse is a great place to watch the game, especially for students.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

My whole point to this was the saving of seats. I think it's rude, hostile, and not very "Bullish." If your friends can't come when you are "supposed" to come as I was so strongly told, They can wait for a table just like I was told, or stand! >:( It really is not with the Clubhouse>    Reaper

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  557

Excuse my ignorance, but where is capongas?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

Capogna's is in Pinellas County, off of HWY 60 heading west towards the beaches.  The address is 1653 Gulf to Bay Blvd.  The owner, Al Capogna, is the father of our center #69, Nicky Capogna.  We met him and Barbie in South Carolina 2 years ago and that's how it became a watch party location!  

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  557

Capogna's is in Pinellas County, off of HWY 60 heading west towards the beaches.  The address is 1653 Gulf to Bay Blvd.  The owner, Al Capogna, is the father of our center #69, Nicky Capogna.  We met him and Barbie in South Carolina 2 years ago and that's how it became a watch party location!  

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH.  Thanks for info.