• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Julmiste listed at DT on the Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Julmiste is only at DT due to our lack of depth there.  This is similar to the Tim Jones situation last year.  Josh is big enough to hold his own at DT, but the boy is a freak on the end.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

We need depth at DT but I am concerned if he is going to be able to stop the run

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

what's the problem? even if he doesn't start, it gives one more experienced player in our depth chart. for all we know, CJL might start rotating the DL. it's not like this addition will hurt us. on top of all of that, it's not like he's going to go out there like a walk-on. he's had experience and practice.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

We need depth at DT but I am concerned if he is going to be able to stop the run

Well he's currently bigger/heavier than all the other DTs except the injured Cray n Clebert.  So it can't be any worst.  Wonder if CJL would consider a 3-4ish D and bring Mompremier in w/the other three backers.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

its hard to switch from 4-3 to a 3-4

your linebackers take on more linemen and are not free to make plays

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Our D-line depth will hurt us against west virigina.  or any team with a power running game (rutgers anyone)  

it is by far our biggest weakness on defense.  and maybe in general with the exception of our kicking game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

In a 3-4, you really need girth along the line ... we don't have enough for a with 4 down linemen.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Well he's currently bigger/heavier than all the other DTs except the injured Cray n Clebert.  So it can't be any worst.  Wonder if CJL would consider a 3-4ish D and bring Mompremier in w/the other three backers.

Riley is 295lbs, and he recently got back to health, and Uhatafe is around 270lbs now, Woody George is 275lbs.

The thing is none of those three have demonstrated, except George, an ability to shed blockers and get to the QB.  My guess, and we've done this often, is that Julmiste will play some three technique on pure passing downs.  It will give us more speed, and size, but someone that can shed blockers as well and since Selvie, Robinson, and Buie have demonstrated some pass rushing ability that will give us more speed on certain passing situations, actually a great idea and possibly one they would have done even if Clebert didn't get hurt and Josh never suspended.  On running plays, or maybe 1st and 2nd downs he'll probably rotate at DE, and the girthy three I mentioned above are at least capable of plugging holes, and slowing down the run.  Then on say 3rd and 5 or longer Josh slides to three, and it gives us lots of height, size, and quickness inside without compromising speed on the outside.

They often did this when Tim Jones was a DE in 2003, and did it with Tavarious Robinson in 2004.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

CJL isnt going to start any of the suspended players and i imagine he will wait until he has to play them. Him being at DT is a testament to the potential that Selvie, C robinson, and Buie have shown.....could be serious players in a year or two. I also heard that Clebert will be back........any truth to that?

i am hoping this isnt leavitt's philosophy

\

if so it is dumb

you play to win and you best players should be on field

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Riley is 295lbs, and he recently got back to health, and Uhatafe is around 270lbs now, Woody George is 275lbs.

The thing is none of those three have demonstrated, except George, an ability to shed blockers and get to the QB.  My guess, and we've done this often, is that Julmiste will play some three technique on pure passing downs.  It will give us more speed, and size, but someone that can shed blockers as well and since Selvie, Robinson, and Buie have demonstrated some pass rushing ability that will give us more speed on certain passing situations, actually a great idea and possibly one they would have done even if Clebert didn't get hurt and Josh never suspended.  On running plays, or maybe 1st and 2nd downs he'll probably rotate at DE, and the girthy three I mentioned above are at least capable of plugging holes, and slowing down the run.  Then on say 3rd and 5 or longer Josh slides to three, and it gives us lots of height, size, and quickness inside without compromising speed on the outside.

They often did this when Tim Jones was a DE in 2003, and did it with Tavarious Robinson in 2004.

the front four has not been a factor all year

they cant stop the run

they can pass rush

leavitt has to try something