• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dont BOOO Pat

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Think this needs repeating also . . .

And some will probably boo him during SR day announcements before the game  :P

It is as smart as booing a 3rd stringer for not being on the 2 Deep.

Pat was our best option.

It is no different than an Iron Bull coming up to a 1st year season ticket holder with no donation and telling him he is worthless in helping to USF Football.

PJ has done more to help USF Football than anyone on this board.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

And some will probably boo him during SR day announcements before the game  

I fear you may be right and that would be sad.  I can promise you it won't be me.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I have stated several times that if people want to boo our guys, it is their choice (sometimes an ignorant one).  This is the one time that I would find is disgraceful and I will do my best to drown it out.  Since I lose my voice easily if I yell, it will be a waste of my vocal cords which should be saved for critical points in the game  :P.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It is as smart as booing a 3rd stringer for not being on the 2 Deep.

Pat was our best option.

It is no different than an Iron Bull coming up to a 1st year season ticket holder with no donation and telling him he is worthless in helping to USF Football.

PJ has done more to help USF Football than anyone on this board.

this where you are wrong

the people booing dont believe pj is our best option after matt

that is why they are boing

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

... decided against reasoning with some that are not reasonable ... really I am trying to ignore thee silly posts  :P

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Personal attacks are far more offensive then booing but that does not seem to bother the fans in this thread who argue against booing.

Actually, booing someone IS a personal attack and to try and pass it off as anything else is laughable. At least on here, when someone makes a negative comment about another poster, the other poster has a chance to respond to it.

Bingo, on here there is a debate/argument between two posters...booing on the field is just a one way personal attack.

Look, these kids are not professionals and do not deserve to be booed if you can't see those actions as simply an mean hearted gesture to a kid on the field then there is obvioulsy no point in further debate. btw....Is there a point you would draw the line? would you boo high school or middle school students as well? How about peewee football? I can just see it now, an 8 year old getting booed as he comes in but hey it's alright since you have the right to show your displeasure  ::)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

This is the first time I read this lengthy post (I actually stopped reading at the point smazza got involved - post 55 or so), and only skimmed the rest.

My observations:

1)  Those that believe they have a "right" to boo USF players and probably did so themselves does not surprise me.  Many show a similar lack of courtesy when interacting anonymously with others here.  I also wonder what else is on this Fan "Bill of Rights" and what one has to do be considered a fan to enjoy such rights, but I'm guessing these so called rights are just made up and no one here really earned the right to boo.   ::)

2)  Those that truly think Gregory or Severino would be a better second stringer than Pat must not follow the program at all.  Gregory, of course, was converted to defense prior to the C. Hill transfer.  Severino is on the roster and is not and never has been considered a viable option at QB.  Neither are in the long term plans at QB (never have been) and neither would provide any greater leadership or ability than Julmiste - nor do they have anywhere near the experience.  Should they enter the game would I boo?  Of course not - even though I know for a fact they are less qualified for the role than MG or PJ.

3)  Those that think those of us that do not believe in booing players somehow imply that not booing is a positive reflection on the player's skill is just way off the mark.   Just because I would never boo a player or coach, doesn't mean I think they are without fault or weakness, it just means that I know booing is not constructive and downright rude.  When fans boo USF players and coaches it hurts me.  I am ashamed of it and I know those booing have somehow separated themsleves from USF  if ever there was an attachment.  

This can be debated endlessly.  But many others have already noted that this is not a pro team.  These are student-athletes that put more time and energy into making us proud than any fan does.  Their shortcomings are not from a lack of trying.  They are representatives of USF.  At least with PJ his conduct and hard work better represents the image I would USF to have than the conduct of Mcfans that chose to boo him.  Embarassing.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

NEVER BOO a BULL!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

This is the first time I read this lengthy post (I actually stopped reading at the point smazza got involved - post 55 or so), and only skimmed the rest.

My observations:

1)  Those that believe they have a "right" to boo USF players and probably did so themselves does not surprise me.  Many show a similar lack of courtesy when interacting anonymously with others here.  I also wonder what else is on this Fan "Bill of Rights" and what one has to do be considered a fan to enjoy such rights, but I'm guessing these so called rights are just made up and no one here really earned the right to boo.   ::)

2)  Those that truly think Gregory or Severino would be a better second stringer than Pat must not follow the program at all.  Gregory, of course, was converted to defense prior to the C. Hill transfer.  Severino is on the roster and is not and never has been considered a viable option at QB.  Neither are in the long term plans at QB (never have been) and neither would provide any greater leadership or ability than Julmiste - nor do they have anywhere near the experience.  Should they enter the game would I boo?  Of course not - even though I know for a fact they are less qualified for the role than MG or PJ.

3)  Those that think those of us that do not believe in booing players somehow imply that not booing is a positive reflection on the player's skill is just way off the mark.   Just because I would never boo a player or coach, doesn't mean I think they are without fault or weakness, it just means that I know booing is not constructive and downright rude.  When fans boo USF players and coaches it hurts me.  I am ashamed of it and I know those booing have somehow separated themsleves from USF  if ever there was an attachment.  

This can be debated endlessly.  But many others have already noted that this is not a pro team.  These are student-athletes that put more time and energy into making us proud than any fan does.  Their shortcomings are not from a lack of trying.  They are representatives of USF.  At least with PJ his conduct and hard work better represents the image I would USF to have than the conduct of Mcfans that chose to boo him.  Embarassing.

Actually, these type of fans are the reason why I always had mixed feelings about USF getting a football team.  I like football a lot and can watch it all day.  I do not understand though the people who seem to have successful or at least interesting lives that feel the need to live vicariously through a team.  If the team fails, they seem to feel betrayed, like their lives are less fulfilled since their team lost. I do not like being told that I do not know or understand big time sports because I personally think that booing tends to show ignorance. You can boo all you want and you have the right to be ignorant too, that is why I do not tell people not to do so .  Before moving back   east, I regularly attended pro and college sporting events in the San Francisco/Oakland area, Los Angeles area, San Diego and Phoenix. Also, like most of you, I have been to my share of Bucs, Lightning, and Rays games, what more do you want?  Really, booing should be left for the pros and paricularly for the players who are merely going through the motions, stealing paychecks.  I don't think Green Bay fans boo Favre when he throws a pick since they know he is leaving his arse out there.  If they do, I need to turn up the volume  :D.              

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

My observations:

Nicely argued Bulliever, but I respectfully disagree with you.  I think some who booed were aiming those boos at CJL and his staff for putting us in the position too rely on a guy who has proven he can't cut it as a DI football qb.  Also, I think it a bit presumptuous of you too suggest that those who boo are somehow disconnected or seperated from USF.  I don't think for a second you can accurately predict such a thing based on a boo.  

Futhermore, I regard the boo as a form of protest.  For example, some decent Americans think it o.k. to burn the U.S flag as a statment of protest;  I would never do such a thing, but the act of burning the flag doesn't in and of itself qualify me to pass such a judgment on them as too say they are anti-American or communist.  Some great Americans disagree with the war in Iraq and I don't believe they are any less patriotic than those who agree.   Sound a bit extreme? I don't think so.  We, those who are not so anti-boo are protesting.  We not only hope for greatness from USF, we demand it!