• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dont BOOO Pat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

don't throw out the season if Grothe gets hurt-- the Bulls will find a way to win. We're not saying PJ is god's gift to the QB position. What we are saying is that having some pride and class when it comes with how you deal with adversity and treat players from your own school would be nice.

How stupid does it sound to BOO your own players? that just plain sucks-- especially when that player has done NOT anything on the field yet to warrant such behavior.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Come on MikeG

Quit attacking everyone that doesn't line up and agree with you.

Facts are

1   PJ didn't get us to a Bowl Game, Hall did!!

2   Coaches gave him a chance to start the season (maybe because he is a SR and they felt he was even

3   He was healthy and the coaches haven't put him in to start

4   Each time he has come in since NOTHING good has happened.

5   If the Coaching Staff would give Gregory the reps in pratice and the "mop up" duty (few as it is) he would be getting ready.

5   We need a backup QB for next )and later) years

Booing the players IS bad!!!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

These idiots who were booing Pat Julmiste for the unforgiveable crime of not being as good of a QB as Matt Grothe are the same morons who will probably CHEER for Ponton, Chambers, and J. Julmiste when they return... yeah, boo the kid who has been nothing but the ultimate teammate, and cheer the idiots who hurt this team through their selfish actions.

Pat Julmiste has not only been a gentleman about being relegated to the backup role, he's been the ultimate Grothe supporter on the sidelines after every TD Matt scores.  Despite your opinions on his skills, Pat Julmiste is nothing but class and the fans should treat him in kind.

People really, REALLY make no sense sometimes.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Despite your opinions on his skills, Pat Julmiste is nothing but class and the fans should treat him in kind.

Agree 100%

Though, I have to admit, if Ponton busts an 80 yard TD run Saturday, JJ sacks the QB 3 times, or Chambers catches a bomb for a TD, it will be pretty hard not to cheer for them.  These guys messed up, and they've paid the price by losing a big chunk of their college careers because of it.  Let's let them get out there on the field and make it up to themselves, the coaches, and the fans.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

What a bunch of effen classless aholes. Pat is a senior, he gave 5 years to USF. He turned downed chances to go to NCState and play TE. These kids put in endless hours of work for every game.

I bet recruits that are bordering on committing to USF, really think hard about going elsewhere after they see a senior getting booed.

Come on MikeG

Quit attacking everyone that doesn't line up and agree with you.

Facts are

1   PJ didn't get us to a Bowl Game, Hall did!!

2   Coaches gave him a chance to start the season (maybe because he is a SR and they felt he was even

3   He was healthy and the coaches haven't put him in to start

4   Each time he has come in since NOTHING good has happened.

5   If the Coaching Staff would give Gregory the reps in pratice and the "mop up" duty (few as it is) he would be getting ready.

5   We need a backup QB for next )and later) years

Booing the players IS bad!!!

I'll address your "facts" above point by point....

POINT#1  "1   PJ didn't get us to a Bowl Game, Hall did!!"

Really-- was that Andre taking the snap? I missed that part last season.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept of TEAM. Andre of course was the most important element to offensive success-- no doubt. But PJ had his moments both good and bad.

POINT #2 "2   Coaches gave him a chance to start the season (maybe because he is a SR and they felt he was even"

Great interpretation of what you think happened at the beginning of the year. PJ was starting and Grothe was designed to come in for the second half. They didn't expect McNeese to be that tough of a game (who the hell did?). PJ wasn't doing too badly (although the running game was sucking terribly) before he banged up his leg, which hastened the entry of Grothe.  

POINT #3 "3   He was healthy and the coaches haven't put him in to start"

At what point did I ever say PJ earned the starting job? Dude-- Grothe came in and wowed ALL OF US. He wonthe job outright-- Pat will admit as much. I'm not clamoring for PJ to ever start again unless Grothe can't play. Get your so-called "facts" straight-- those were not my thoughts on this. Truth of the matter was-- and this came from CJL during the press conference-- PJ bruised his thigh during the game while being tackled. Rather than having him play banged up any further, they put in Grothe. PJ could have kept playing but why risk more injury? That's not very smart. So Grothe goes out there, settles in and kicks ass. He won the job right then. Hands down. No further need to evaluate based on practice-- this kid can flat out play in game time situations. Practice has never been a decent indicator of how well someone would do. Hell-- Ronnie Banks is in the practice Hall of Fame-- but he would fold under pressure. Pat wasn't quite that bad but he wasn't quite good enough either-- he was missing the IT factor.

POINT #4 "4   Each time he has come in since NOTHING good has happened.

"

OK-- so it's his fault for the holding penalty which occurred on the first play when he came in for a hurt Grothe. The guy comes off the bench-- cold as hell -- and still almost gets us a first down. He completes a pass and runs for some yardage but we have to punt. Wow-- terrible things happened just then. The next time he was in, the game was in the bag.  

POINT #5 "5   If the Coaching Staff would give Gregory the reps in pratice and the "mop up" duty (few as it is) he would be getting ready."

How incredibly short-sighted of you to say this. First of all-- make no mistake about it-- PJ is our second string QB. As such-- even he needs game time work to prepare him better for those times when he gets called in to relief Grothe. Also - Grant Gregory is not quite ready for the second string position. He might have potential as the #2 guy next year but this is THIS YEAR. Are you telling me that should Grothe get hurt at some point-- say before the Pitt game-- and Pat needs to play that you want him coming in not having worked some actual game time this year? C'mon-- he needs the work because he is the first guy off that bench. If they both get hurt-- ok-- now we've got a serious problem. But short of that-- your coaching opinion is just wrong.

POINT #5 (the second Point 5-- ???? ) "5   We need a backup QB for next )and later) years"

We will always need a backup QB. Why would you give work to the guy who is NOT your second option at this point? maybe you left already but Grant did get in the game at the very end. He didn't do anything more than hand off. We were running out the clock. I get a real kick out of these folks who probably have never even seen a practice. Do you realize how tight the timeline is for them to get in their work? Everything is structured to maximize the limited time they do have and while you don't think Grant or Severino or whoever aren't getting enough reps-- that isn't 100% accurate. They are all doing the same drills, working with the same receivers on a rotational basis. The only area that some get more work are the situational full contact drills where they rotate in Grothe and PJ for the most part and GG/Severino to a lesser extent. That's a coaches call and imo-- the right one.  

Hate PJ all you want but don't BOO just because he comes in for an injured player. THAT was the main point I made. But you opened this entire can of worms with mindless ********. I didn't jump down anyones throat from this board because their opinion differs from mine-- unless they were some of those people booing in the stands.

I will NEVER align myself with jackasses who feel BOOING is in anyway justified under these circumstances. That is total ******* horsefeathers. On that subject atleast-- we agree (apparently).

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Each time he has come in since NOTHING good has happened.

this hardly deserves a response.  they guy had 3 plays after a holding call to get a first down.  give the guy a break.  late in the game we ran the ball.  geez.

either way no reason to boo

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Booing is a show of displeasure.  The very site of PJ on the field is worthing of booing.  Maybe they were booing the coaches for putting him in; don't we have other options?  Nothing classless about booing and if you disagree...Boo to you!  Go Bulls!

this anti boo thing is an offshoot of  usf fans not being around  big time sports. fans everywhere boo.there is nothing wrong with it.it is part of the game.

Preach it Mr. Smazza! I think you're on too something.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

Pat has a younger brother who is supposed to be outstanding and considering USF. Booing his big brother isn't going to help our recruiting or others for that matter.

Pat has been all class and effort as a Bull and deserves respect from all of us.

Booing is a show of displeasure.  The very site of PJ on the field is worthing of booing.  Maybe they were booing the coaches for putting him in; don't we have other options?  Nothing classless about booing and if you disagree...Boo to you!  Go Bulls!

this anti boo thing is an offshoot of  usf fans not being around  big time sports. fans everywhere boo.there is nothing wrong with it.it is part of the game.

Preach it Mr. Smazza! I think you're on something.  

corrected