• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Midnight Mania?!?!?!? WTF

Guest R_to_the_izzo

I understand that UNC is the big away trip for students, but there's still 40k or so students that would have been able to go to the event.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

bad move by crm to let this stand!

no self respecting coach lets this stand!

i am dissapointed in the coach for the first time. this is in my opinon the first break with students the general public and the AD concerning basketball.

i am dissapointed in woolard for allowing this.

i am dissapointed in genshaft for allowing this.

this is so "small time". :-[

i wonder how the BE views this?

maybe just like they viewed having our spring game on a soccer field.

^^^^^^^   Exactly

extremely small time.  I hope this doesnt have anything to do with funding because that is just pathetic.  I remember this being one of the funnest events when I went to usf.  Everyone gets bombed and has a great time.  I never knew they were going to or did change it to 7-8 pm due to attenndence, and you know what i dont blame the new students and fans, who wants to watch that team, and i hate to say team because I like the players and the kids its the head honcho i have a problem with.  How the BE views this?  They dont view us at all, we arnt even on their radar.  Practice game on their scheds.  

I have never seen any program at ANY university regress so much since i have been here.  We werent even any good when I got here (competed though) and now it is just a shame.    

"i am dissapointed in the coach for the first time."  -- ahhh....welcome to the "darkside".  Its a downhill death spiral, isnt it?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

They shot a dying dog. The attendance last year was downright pathetic...and that was after they moved it from midnight to 7 or 8pm. This event wouldnt have been canceled if people had shown the desire to show up.

If nobody can dispute this why all the fingers being pointed at SG or whoever...? :-/

Just because 10 people want it to happen doesnt mean it should.

If it didn't conflict with UNC I'd have gone and asked myself why I bothered, just like last year, and the year before that, etc.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

^^^^^^^   Exactly

extremely small time.  I hope this doesnt have anything to do with funding because that is just pathetic.  I remember this being one of the funnest events when I went to usf.  Everyone gets bombed and has a great time.  I never knew they were going to or did change it to 7-8 pm due to attenndence, and you know what i dont blame the new students and fans, who wants to watch that team, and i hate to say team because I like the players and the kids its the head honcho i have a problem with.  How the BE views this?  They dont view us at all, we arnt even on their radar.  Practice game on their scheds.

Oh for cripes sake, you ought to thank whoever cancelled it. It just gives you an open shot to get a head start on your hoops ********. Did the Bulls Midnight Madness make a difference last year .... or the year before last .... or the year before that? According to you, we sucked all three years .... So what's the big deal?

I don't know how many attended the thing previously but however many did, it didn't carry over to the games. Student attendance for most games SUCKED with only the ones located right behind the announcers' table being regulars. Only thing that will hopefully bring them back is winning .....

I have never seen any program at ANY university regress so much since i have been here.

Regress? Don't you have to have been somewhere to be able to regress? ........ Plus, the current program has done some positive stuff that hadn't been done before ...... Regress ..... That's funny.

We werent even any good when I got here (competed though) and now it is just a shame.

We probably competed more last year, considering the circumstances, than any year since you've been here but it's just too bad you were too busy ******** and moaning to have appreciated it.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

last year was the first time it was moved to 7-8pm, due to the NCAA changing the rules for when teams can start practicing for the season.  the years prior to last year where all around midnight, and were all packed, as far as i can remember.  i remember my first year here in 2001, the line to get in was huge.  its ashame to cancel this event.  the players love it, and they have fun putting on the skits.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

If nobody can dispute this why all the fingers being pointed at SG or whoever...? :-/

The finger is being pointed at a past SG, not necessarily the current one. I figured I'd post what I left on another thread....

It was NOT SG who cancelled the event.  

IT WAS THE CAMPUS ACTIVITIES BOARD (CAB) THAT CANCELLED THE EVENT.

Although, I know everyone would love to blame SG like they always do, but it was still student run!  SG turned it over to CAB because they are the student's event planners.  Why duplicate event planning when you have an office thats deals in nothing but that?  

I was just told from members of CAB that it was dropped due to poor attendance and a lack of coordination... along with a host of other issues.  I would still like to see the event... but the people you would need to talk with is CAB.

CONTACT PAGE: http://ctr.usf.edu/cab/contact.asp

Stop sending things to SG... you know we have enough issues  

We are aware of the problem and will take action... extra e-mails are unneccessary.

USF03: I think we're normally good friends here on this board. I don't intend to change that, but I feel obliged to correct some assertions...

It was NOT SG who cancelled the event.  

IT WAS THE CAMPUS ACTIVITIES BOARD (CAB) THAT CANCELLED THE EVENT.

It was absolutely SG who gave up this event. Maxon and Sameer's administration did not want to focus on event planning, even though SG had done that for years with Midnight Mania and Round-Up. It turns out, moving Round-Up to Student Activities (or whatever BS it's called now) was a favorable move due to the event's emphasis on student organizations and OSA's access to paid employees as opposed to student planners (for consistency's sake).

So, they passed the event off onto CAB, saying "oh it's kinda what they do anyways." That was STUPID. CAB already didnn't have the budget to pull off the number of events that it did, and the students were overworked as it were anyways. CAB had too much on its plate to worry about Midnight Mania too. Anybody who had ever been involved with CAB, Homecoming, or the Exec Branch of SG would have known that (here's where inexperience came into play). It was stupid to pass it off onto CAB, which was SG's judgement call. It's not CAB's fault for not wanting to handle the extra load which was always SG exec's job.

I was just told from members of CAB that it was dropped due to poor attendance and a lack of coordination... along with a host of other issues.  I would still like to see the event... but the people you would need to talk with is CAB.

It was NOT dropped due to poor attendance and lack of coordination, unless it was lack of coordination among CAB and other entities of the University, or within CAB itself. AGAIN, not CAB's fault. They were handed a $10,000+ event that same year (when their budget is determined almost 2 years in advance) without time to compensate with extra staff and organization. As for poor attendance - Midnight Mania's attendance numbers increased every year since its inception prior to 2002. If it was poorly attended the first year CAB did it, then somebody failed to market it well. I can assure you this was not the case when SG hired one individual to commit to the event (like Dave, former SG VP, or Marc Ostroff, former Director of Midnight Mania). They got the job done. An agency put in CAB's position may understandably have not their first year out. In any case, stop trying to defend SG here in a circumstance of obvious misjudgement. It was a former administration anyways.

We are aware of the problem and will take action... extra e-mails are unneccessary.

I'll drop the issue for now since I've been assured by Randy, you, and others that this is being looked into. But I'll be watching ;-)

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

^ THIS is just another example of why it is so important to elect good leadership in SG. A lot of people are apathetic because they think students in SG don't have much influence... I guarantee you that students can REALLY benefit from folks in SG with a little intelligence and savvy, and REALLY get screwed over if there is someone inept or misdirected. Unfortunately, convincing your average 18-year-old is harder than can be accomplished with vocal persuasion.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

This is really getting me pissed off. To all who are naysayers to this, let me point out a few things. this event is NOT for your sorry assed benefit. It's for the mens and womens BBall teams. It's to show that hey folks we care. We care there is a team here wearing USF green and gold. If they win, great! If they lose oh well, next time. You spoiled rotten little mamas boys need to look at the big picture. It's about supporting your school dammit! It's no wonder that you so called fans come wandering in to the football game half way in the 1st period drunk on your collective asses, only to leave your seat and talk to some equally drunk chicks that gravitate to your kind by the pirate ship. This is a football game for God's sake, not some freakin club in YBOR. I bet you if you had to pay for your tix, you wouldn't show at all! It's no wonder why there is so much apathy toward your school. Well pal let me tell you all. If you are so damned hell bent on just showing up for "the party" go to UF or FSU or maybe UCF. You will fit in with all the other heads there. You jackasses want it all but you give 0 in return. These athletes need our support. Let me ask you, would you go to football games if it was dry? Would you stand behind your school even if we didn't win 1 game? I think not. That my friends is pathetic. Even if the midnight mania only had 20 fans, God knows I would be 21. Why you ask? I give a **** about USF. Maybe you need to stop looking at the YOU and look at the USF!    Unreal!  Unfreakin real!      

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

This is really getting me pissed off. To all who are naysayers to this, let me point out a few things. this event is NOT for your sorry assed benefit. It's for the mens and womens BBall teams. It's to show that hey folks we care. We care there is a team here wearing USF green and gold. If they win, great! If they lose oh well, next time. You spoiled rotten little mamas boys need to look at the big picture. It's about supporting your school dammit! It's no wonder that you so called fans come wandering in to the football game half way in the 1st period drunk on your collective asses, only to leave your seat and talk to some equally drunk chicks that gravitate to your kind by the pirate ship. This is a football game for God's sake, not some freakin club in YBOR. I bet you if you had to pay for your tix, you wouldn't show at all! It's no wonder why there is so much apathy toward your school. Well pal let me tell you all. If you are so damned hell bent on just showing up for "the party" go to UF or FSU or maybe UCF. You will fit in with all the other heads there. You jackasses want it all but you give 0 in return. These athletes need our support. Let me ask you, would you go to football games if it was dry? Would you stand behind your school even if we didn't win 1 game? I think not. That my friends is pathetic. Even if the midnight mania only had 20 fans, God knows I would be 21. Why you ask? I give a **** about USF. Maybe you need to stop looking at the YOU and look at the USF!    Unreal!  Unfreakin real!      

I am in the Student section from kick off till the end. No Beer during the game only b4 and after.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

I'm still waiting on a formal statement from CAB on this B.S.  I can't wait to hear why they cancelled it.

I'll make sure to share with everyone here.