• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i wouldnt play suspended players rest of year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Guys... especially Smazza.

Hello, did you hear about the USF suspension policy on ESPN... probably the toughest one in the NCAA?

I agree that they were stupid.... completely stupid.  However, they did the crime and they are serving their time.

Also, it will take great accomplishments (on and off the field) for those 3 to be back on my good side once again.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

And I agree... after they come back... let the best player start.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

you are a softy

and sending the wrong messgae if you want to instill discipline on this team

first play tonight personal foul-ridiculous

Yeah!  What are they?  A bunch of "cut and run" liberals?   ;)  ;)  ;)

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Let me tell you... I saw both Ponton and J. Julmiste leaving the field after the loss.

Ponton really didn't look like he cared that much that we lost.  Julmiste however REALLY took this loss hard.  You could see in his eyes that he KNEW that his actions kept him on the sidelines of a game where he could have made a difference.  He was visibly upset.

I can't wait to have them both back, but Ponton really hasn't seemed all that fazed by having to sit, unlike Julmiste.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Look, not playing the players at the end of the season hurts a guy like Stephen Nicholas even more. WHen they finish their time they will play and rightfully so.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

Ponton really didn't look like he cared that much that we lost.  ...I can't wait to have them both back, but Ponton really hasn't seemed all that fazed by having to sit, unlike Julmiste.

My seats are on the home side and I have watched them.  While I have seen them all laughing and high-fiving before the games started (the big gaudy gold chains over their jerseys are a nice touch), Ponton especially acts like "ain't no big deal".  Punk.  He doesn't have the brains to be ashamed or realize what he did to the program this year.  

If I were Leavitt, those three would be sitting alone on a bench, mouths shut, in shirts and ties.  And if they didn't like it, or I heard one word from them infecting my other players, I would personally drag their sorry asses off of the field.  Now, THAT is what coaches did back in my day.  But I am old.  Things change.  Wouldn't want to hurt their self-esteem, would we?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Look, not playing the players at the end of the season hurts a guy like Stephen Nicholas even more. WHen they finish their time they will play and rightfully so.

Agreed.  6 games is half the season...that is severe.  When it is over, after next week, it's time to move on.  There is no good reason to continue to punish the team and the program for the acts of the few that, along with the team, have paid a price.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

We're better for not playing them....I'd much rather see a walkon like Colby Erskin who has earned his right to be out there through hard work and persistence than to see Ricky Ponton who probably has a lot more talent but has made bad decisions.  They've already put their team in jeopardy once this year...what makes you think they won't do it again?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

chicky...should they do it again, I believe they would be gone...

You can't deny this team needs a running game to help Matt out.  The ONLY guy we have that MIGHT be able to provide that is Ricky Ponton...say what you will, but we have to hope he has grown up.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

Yes I do hope that he's learned his lesson....I hope they all have.  I'm a firm believer in giving people second chances, but still.  This was their 2nd drug test they failed, no? The thing is, I know Josh Julmiste and I've heard him in the weight room...he (besides being NOTHING like his brother Pat, who doesn't do drugs and doesn't even drink because he understands he's an athlete and needs to take care of himself) does not understand why he got in trouble.  After Bleakley got a DUI, he was b*tching loudly about the fact that "well my face was all over all the newspapers and on tv and Will, they didn't have his picture in there or anything" and I said to him "well you were smoking an illegal drug...he was drinking, which is legal for him, but unfortunately took it too far by getting behind the wheel."  He tried to ration with me "well he could have killed somebody" and proceeded to tell me that him smoking pot was in the comfort and privacy of his own home and he wasn't in the position to hurt anyone.  While I told him he did have a valid point, I told him "well you both were stupid to put your team in jeopardy like that and should be ashamed of yourselves!" My point- I don't think he's learned his lesson.  As for the others...well I just don't know.