• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

level of confidence in CJL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

Add any comments you have about your evaluation of where CJL is interms of how he runs the program and whatever else you used to come to your voting option.

Anything above 70% will be considered a positive vote i.e. the coach has your backing and support.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

I voted 80-89...I think there are some aspects that need improvment. Recruiting is one, but as far as growth of the program I think he has done wonders. I wouldn't want any other coach at this point.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

100%

Do I think he has done a perfect job? NO.

Do I expect a better job in the future? YES.

Will we get there? 100% confident he will find the way.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I voted 80-89...I think there are some aspects that need improvment. Recruiting is one, but as far as growth of the program I think he has done wonders. I wouldn't want any other coach at this point.

But Hobby some of the aspects that need improvement would be improved had the resources been made available to him.  For example you can't entirely blame him for assistant coaches, or recruiting when he's not afforded a 10th, maybe more like a 20th of what UF coaches get.  Hell for that matter what Uconn coaches get.

Given that it's almost impossible to find any fault with what he does.  He's a difficult guy to play for, and coach with, but he gets results.  I doubt any coach we could have hired would have put the time, money, and effort into building the program that Leavitt did---hell few have the energy to do it.

I mean, the guy was pounding in the fence posts around the practice field.   Drove his own car for the first 4-5 years of recruiting and on campus efforts.

But Hobby some of the aspects that need improvement would be improved had the resources been made available to him.  For example you can't entirely blame him for assistant coaches, or recruiting when he's not afforded a 10th, maybe more like a 20th of what UF coaches get.  Hell for that matter what Uconn coaches get.

Given that it's almost impossible to find any fault with what he does.  He's a difficult guy to play for, and coach with, but he gets results.  I doubt any coach we could have hired would have put the time, money, and effort into building the program that Leavitt did---hell few have the energy to do it.

I mean, the guy was pounding in the fence posts around the practice field.   Drove his own car for the first 4-5 years of recruiting and on campus efforts.

I am sure most could surmise but that's a 100% for me.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

so is the question..do we feel CJL is the best coach USF can get for the money he is paid????

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

I gave a 80-89 because it was the highest that acknowledged any flaws.  And every coach has them.  To clarify my score -- I am **** PROUD of CJL (I told his parents that a couple of times), don't want another coach, this is the house that Leavitt built.  But yes, there are flaws.  Maybe my i/o psych background made me take the scaling too literally.  Probably should have been a 90-99.

just to clarify-- this isn't a question about how well the program is doing--

it is whether or not you feel he should be our coach. Any other coach would have the same set of tangible problems-- lesser recruiting budgets, lack of this and that-- etc

This is more or less a question of do you think CJL is the best coach we could have at this point and time. And be realistic about that because some of you might think the world of say someone like Pete Caroll-- but could the Bulls sway him or even afoord him? probably not.

Uhh, the state of the program does reflect on whether he's worth the money we're paying him, and our level of confidence in him.

There's no one better for the dollars he's getting paid relatively speaking.  All the sure things are making $2M and up.  

Although, Petrino and Rodriguez are in his range.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I did 100% ... if we had any other coach do what he has done ... they would have most likely been gone. It would not be too far fetched to say that we could be in our 3rd coach ... and not had a bowl appearance.

Leavitt IS a BULL, that is what I want in a coach ... and BULLieve he will take us to the Promised Land.

Go BULLS !!!