• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What if...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

Most bowl games do not want to repeat matchups that took place in the regular season.  

Also, I would expect UCF to be available for a better C-USA bowl: Liberty or GMAC...

I dont see us in any bowl... we maybe go 6-6 and that is unlikely to do it.

As for us being crappy which I tend to agree with... it doesnt say much for u guys... U had to come from behind and then hold on  at the end  to get a 7 point win.   Sounds like 2 crappy teams to me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Most bowl games do not want to repeat matchups that took place in the regular season.  

Also, I would expect UCF to be available for a better C-USA bowl: Liberty or GMAC...

As for us being crappy which I tend to agree with... it doesnt say much for u guys... U had to come from behind and then hold on  at the end  to get a 7 point win.   Sounds like 2 crappy teams to me.

I love how this is the only trash talk the tinmen have after this past weekend...

"We may suck, but you had to come from behind to beat us, yeah"

;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

Sounds like 2 crappy teams to me.

Maybe, but one of those crappy teams is 1-2 and the other is 3-0....

You're correct that most bowl game do not want previous matchups, however it HAS happened before- Miami vs. Florida State

FSU vs UF one year too

Actually, FSU played UF twice:

In the 1994 Sugar Bowl, FSU and UF played as part of the Bowl Coalition.  #7 FSU was the ACC champion and #5 UF was the SEC champion.

In the 1996 Sugar Bowl, FSU-UF was the "national championship" game, because the Rose Bowl was not part of the Bowl Alliance, so #1 FSU played (and was blown out by) #3 Florida.

Miami played FSU in the 2003 Orange Bowl.

(Dates reflect the seasons, not the actual dates of the games played.)

However, the general rule is to avoid rematches in the bowl game.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I would like to see USF play either USM or Memphis if we do make that Birmingham Bowl game. I prefer playing Southern Miss to get revenge on them.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

I don't care who we face as long as we don't have to go to Canada in the winter...I doubt that UCF is going to make a bowl this year anyway...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

It was 10-7 at the half, not like some insurmoutable amazing come from behind victory.  We were down 10-7, then early in the third we tied it and never trailed from that point forward.  A bad punt snap is the only thing that allowed you back in to even make it a game.   AND it was at your house which doubles the situation!  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

if we go to Birmingham, is it played at that Legion field (built by-- I believe it was the Romans) place or has that finally fallen down completely.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i wouldnt mind playing southern miss in a bowl game