• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steve Dumig is an idiot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

big dog is upset about the fact that Jim Leavitt doesnt like addressing the media anymore.  before the UCF game last week, CJL was being a snob and literally walked out of a press conference about a minute into it.  big dog wasnt there, but it upset a lot of media people who drove from places like sarasota/fort myers to get snubbed by him.  i think he had a point.  if USF and the bulls want more exposure throughout the community, our figurehead (CJL) shouldn't be turning people down events like this

Wrong, three weeks ago is when the minute and walk-out occurred before the first game.  This is the other big problem is the myths now outweigh the truths.

There were reasons for the walk-out too, because of some poor reporting and actions on the Tribune's part.  Who, by their own actions, stated some facts about Ponton without his consent or knowledge which are protected.  Mr. Ponton might be seeking legal remedy.

I do feel for a few of the reporters that traveled for a good story.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildrover

Shoop I'm really confused as to why you go out of your way to defend this guy.  I'll give you credit for keeping to your guns but honestly.  That dude is an A-hole.  His command of the english language is suspect at best.  His logic is based on fallacy and his arguments based on emotion.  He can't handle it when someone beats him in an argument either.  Always runs him off the show and then has his minions make fun of whoever made his look like an ass for the rest of the show.

Lets keep it in perspective, do you honestley think you'll change anybody's opinion of that guy when you defend him the way you do.  Take a look around, when it comes to your like of Dumeg or however you spell his name. You are definitley in the minority on this board.  Is it us?  Are all the people on this board who can't stand that guy ignorant, oversensitive, naieve, stupid or whatever else might be causing us to just not understand?  Are you are the one guy on here who gets it?  What it must be like to have such an enlightened view of the world.    

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I've been listening since the start of his show. I didnt hear him say anything about not talking USF football because we are a joke or until we win the national championship....he said he refuses to talk USF football until Jim Leavitt decides he's good enough to talk to the media. Can you blame the guy? I mean he is still considered "the press" and coach Leavitt has pretty much given them all the big middle finger. I really wish coach would lighten up, this lack of pub and press isn't a good thing for our program.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I've been listening since the start of his show. I didnt hear him say anything about not talking USF football because we are a joke or until we win the national championship....

He did say it.  He actually went a step further by saying "I will not talk USF football until they win a National Championship, which will probably never happen."  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

big dog is upset about the fact that Jim Leavitt doesnt like addressing the media anymore.  before the UCF game last week, CJL was being a snob and literally walked out of a press conference about a minute into it.  big dog wasnt there, but it upset a lot of media people who drove from places like sarasota/fort myers to get snubbed by him.  i think he had a point.  if USF and the bulls want more exposure throughout the community, our figurehead (CJL) shouldn't be turning people down events like this

Deumig isn't part of that media .... He's an entertainer for the most part, and as Bien pointed out, that happened three weeks ago .... although I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Doofus is that far behind on USF sports.

He's probably pissed because he's ***** buddies with that clown UCFer Clay that called in last week.... Plus, he probable lost a TON of money on the USF and Miami games.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Shoop I'm really confused as to why you go out of your way to defend this guy.  I'll give you credit for keeping to your guns but honestly.  That dude is an A-hole.  His command of the english language is suspect at best.  His logic is based on fallacy and his arguments based on emotion.  He can't handle it when someone beats him in an argument either.  Always runs him off the show and then has his minions make fun of whoever made his look like an ass for the rest of the show.

Lets keep it in perspective, do you honestley think you'll change anybody's opinion of that guy when you defend him the way you do.  Take a look around, when it comes to your like of Dumeg or however you spell his name. You are definitley in the minority on this board.  Is it us?  Are all the people on this board who can't stand that guy ignorant, oversensitive, naieve, stupid or whatever else might be causing us to just not understand?  Are you are the one guy on here who gets it?  What it must be like to have such an enlightened view of the world.    

I've listened to him since I was 14 years old, back on 910 when he and Brantley were on together. I dont always agree with him, and yeah, he's wrong about some things, but dont let YOUR blind hatred cloud your thinking and say that he's somehow NOT a very talented radio personality. You dont have to agree with someone all the time to appreciate the show and the work that goes into it.

My favorite thing is those who hate him ALL say the same thing....so I'm used to hearing it, which is why it doesnt bother me as much on these boards.  

There's a reason he's the highest rated show in his timeslot, and has been since he GOT that timeslot. Meaning, your inevitable "he has no sports competition" post is already shot down because for a LONG time, he DID have competition in afternoon drive.

Now, as for today's comment, it looks like RHBullsFan may be telling the truth here. He sounds like the only non-biased guy IN this post, myself included. If what RHBullsFan said is correct, we have 3 pages of blahblahblah that is pretty much worthless.

And in closing, for a bunch of people who HATE steve duemig, yall sure do listen to his show a lot, dont ya?

(Now, if anyone wants to start a fire dan sileo thread, I'M IN!  8-) )

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Everyone should bring up USF Football and Trent Dilfer, Dooomeg's head might explode......

NO WAY ....His head is much too big to explode.  Large head "full" of vacuum, therefore can not explode!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AND besides that his ASS is even bigger than his head.  What a self righteous jerk!!!

Try 1010 and 1470

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Stever Dummy barely graduated from high school so take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Dummy is famous for not doing his homework and relying on secondhand information as his "well-placed sources".

Dummy is just not very smart.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I dont always agree with him, and yeah, he's wrong about some things, but dont let YOUR blind hatred cloud your thinking and say that he's somehow NOT a very talented radio personality.

He's a very talented radio personality in the same vein that Jerry Springer is a very talented TV personality .............

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I've listened to him since I was 14 years old, back on 910 when he and Brantley were on together. I dont always agree with him, and yeah, he's wrong about some things, but dont let YOUR blind hatred cloud your thinking and say that he's somehow NOT a very talented radio personality. You dont have to agree with someone all the time to appreciate the show and the work that goes into it.

My favorite thing is those who hate him ALL say the same thing....so I'm used to hearing it, which is why it doesnt bother me as much on these boards.  

There's a reason he's the highest rated show in his timeslot, and has been since he GOT that timeslot. Meaning, your inevitable "he has no sports competition" post is already shot down because for a LONG time, he DID have competition in afternoon drive.

Now, as for today's comment, it looks like RHBullsFan may be telling the truth here. He sounds like the only non-biased guy IN this post, myself included. If what RHBullsFan said is correct, we have 3 pages of blahblahblah that is pretty much worthless.

And in closing, for a bunch of people who HATE steve duemig, yall sure do listen to his show a lot, dont ya?

(Now, if anyone wants to start a fire dan sileo thread, I'M IN!  8-) )

I am sure that he is thrilled that our resident queer eye for the straight guy is defending him.