• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: Greenish/Yellowish/Goldish, from day 1.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

give it a **** rest....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

If this is your biggest concern about our team then-

adu.sized.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

i think people get mad because we really dont care nearly as much as shoop does.  its clear he is very upset about the current situation.

I think Shoop plays up the being very upset part as a joke........ uh, right, Shoop??  :-/

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

wow, people need to chill out...the uniforms could use improving...if you dont care, then dont worry about it..there are plenty of other topics

green logo need to be on helmets...i like bright gold helmets, though.  if those are wrong we should change the school's gold color.  bright looks better...UCF looks TERRIBLE.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

i think people get mad because we really dont care nearly as much as shoop does.  its clear he is very upset about the current situation.

I think Shoop plays up the being very upset part as a joke........ uh, right, Shoop??  :-/

Of course I play it up...gotta have fun with it...but dont mistake that for me not being 100% serious about my complaints.

And as for the "give it a rest" folks, there are at least 10-15 posts a week about "USF's national image" or "getting respect" or other similar topics. No one seems to complain about those....and they are the exact same thing as what I'm doing in my posts about uniforms/helmets.

It's all about image, folks. Image sells merchandise. Like it or not, merchandise creates new fans. What's so wrong with wanting to look your best as a player or being proud of how your team looks, as a fan?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

And as for the "give it a rest" folks, there are at least 10-15 posts a week about "USF's national image" or "getting respect" or other similar topics. No one seems to complain about those....and they are the exact same thing as what I'm doing in my posts about uniforms/helmets.

It's all about image, folks. Image sells merchandise. Like it or not, merchandise creates new fans. What's so wrong with wanting to look your best as a player or being proud of how your team looks, as a fan?

well getting national respect is much more important then our uniforms.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

well getting national respect is much more important then our uniforms.

uniforms effect how people view a program.  kids growing up will like a team more when the uniforms look nice.  stuff sells when you know it looks nice.

i dont have a USF hate yet, wanted to get one this week before the game (I also need a haircut).  but the ones I saw on short notice before the game didnt look good, so im holding out.

image matters.

and why there is more backlash about this topic than others is beyond me.  yes, oregon has national respect because they are winning some games the last few years, but their uniforms are terrible.  who would want to play in those?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea but our uniforms are HARDLY in the same class as the Ducks.

i think our Uniforms are just fine.  my only complaint is that you cant buy a **** jersey anywhere that doesnt look like it came from kmart

Guest JulmisteForPrez

First of all, you guys who think this discussion is a waste of time, it just strikes me as so odd that you bother to click on this thread, read all the posts, and then.......make a POST to boot!  If you think this is a stupid topic, might I suggest not clicking on the thread that is so OBVIOUSLY about uniform issues?  Just takes a wee-bit of common sense.

Now then, windbane makes some extremely valid points in the post just above this one.  Image DOES matter......that's why it's called "IMAGE."  Nice jerseys do make a difference, a nice bright gold color does get noticed (especially when you are playing UCF and their dull beige-ish gold is right next to our brigther gold).

So like several have already said, jerseys look awesome (BIG, bold, block numbers with multiple layers of color look great), we just need to get the other school color back on that helmet somehwere (hey, how about the facemask & decal?!?!?!).

Also, I'm in favor of the BRIGHTEST, most metallically flecked gold helmet we can get.  Has anyone noticed UCLA's lids?  Looks like Fort Knox!  Look at how much these things shine and glitter compared with what we currently have....

creativesports_1915_14449531

creativesports_1912_62993215

Picture that bling-bling with.....get this....our very own beautiful Bulls Green on the decal & facemask, and you have one of the better looking helmets in the game.

Comments?...........(and if you've read this far, you obviously don't consider this a waste of time!)

Edit: Did you notice how UCLA doesn't use black for their decal?  Hmmm......that's odd...... :-?

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Holy crap....   don't you girls have anything better to talk about?   Howzabout an OCS???