• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: Greenish/Yellowish/Goldish, from day 1.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

At the risk of proving these knuckleheads right by having a *shudder* girl chime in on this thread, I think Shoop is 100% correct and the UCLA helmet ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!  I'd love to see that gold with a green decal on our beloved footBULLS (keep the black facemask, though - no need to go overboard)!   8-)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Holy crap....   don't you girls have anything better to talk about?

Holy crap.....don't you have anything better to do than posting some stupid photoshop picture that makes no sense?

The Wizard of Ahhhhs?????  That's gay.

Like several of us have said, if you don't like the discussion about uniforms, DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD!!!  Why is that so hard to grasp?

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

UCF06-8569.JPG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

And as for the "give it a rest" folks, there are at least 10-15 posts a week about "USF's national image" or "getting respect" or other similar topics. No one seems to complain about those....and they are the exact same thing as what I'm doing in my posts about uniforms/helmets.

It's all about image, folks. Image sells merchandise. Like it or not, merchandise creates new fans.

These threads are entertaining but let's not go overboard with the significance. USF's national image and the amount of respect it gets will have nothing to do with how your uniform looks .... if there's a black U or a green U. Your image and respect is strictly based on on the field play.  

What's so wrong with wanting to look your best as a player or being proud of how your team looks, as a fan?

I would imagine that the percentage of fans that actually even think about "being proud of how your team looks" is small, real small ........................... I'll just leave it at that.   ;)

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I would imagine that the percentage of fans that actually even think about "being proud of how your team looks" is small, real small ........................... I'll just leave it at that.

So then, I guess that's why nobody goes out and buys new jerseys, hats, t-shirts, etc. when a team (college or pro) changes the look of their uniforms.  Oh, wait..... ::)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

it's very confusing when people post on the 2nd and 3rd pages about how this is a waste of time...

and btw, OCS is something that will probably happen in the future when more money is available, but until then why dont we worry about how the players look to outsiders every game?  i dont understand why that isnt important.

and if i buy merchandise to represent and support our school, then why wouldnt i want it to look good?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I would imagine that the percentage of fans that actually even think about "being proud of how your team looks" is small, real small ........................... I'll just leave it at that.

So then, I guess that's why nobody goes out and buys new jerseys, hats, t-shirts, etc. when a team (college or pro) changes the look of their uniforms.  Oh, wait..... ::)

Unless they're buying the exact same type t-shirts and hats that the team is constantly seen wearing, you're not addressing my comment ....... as usual.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

First of all, you guys who think this discussion is a waste of time, it just strikes me as so odd that you bother to click on this thread, read all the posts, and then.......make a POST to boot!  If you think this is a stupid topic, might I suggest not clicking on the thread that is so OBVIOUSLY about uniform issues?  Just takes a wee-bit of common sense.

Now then, windbane makes some extremely valid points in the post just above this one.  Image DOES matter......that's why it's called "IMAGE."  Nice jerseys do make a difference, a nice bright gold color does get noticed (especially when you are playing UCF and their dull beige-ish gold is right next to our brigther gold).

So like several have already said, jerseys look awesome (BIG, bold, block numbers with multiple layers of color look great), we just need to get the other school color back on that helmet somehwere (hey, how about the facemask & decal?!?!?!).

Also, I'm in favor of the BRIGHTEST, most metallically flecked gold helmet we can get.  Has anyone noticed UCLA's lids?  Looks like Fort Knox!  Look at how much these things shine and glitter compared with what we currently have....

creativesports_1915_14449531

creativesports_1912_62993215

Picture that bling-bling with.....get this....our very own beautiful Bulls Green on the decal & facemask, and you have one of the better looking helmets in the game.

Comments?...........(and if you've read this far, you obviously don't consider this a waste of time!)

Edit: Did you notice how UCLA doesn't use black for their decal?  Hmmm......that's odd...... :-?

THAT color gold is correct. The gold we currently use is not. So, yes, I would love to see that color gold helmets.

The UCLA gold is wrong for us. It's yellow-gold, which is not what we have.

As for our black logo......follow me here:

creativesports_1915_14449531

Picture that with a bright green U. The outer layer of the U is also green. The little gold stripe in the middle is WHITE....

Basically, like this one:

1_640.jpg

Now tell me THAT wouldnt jump off the screen on tv!  8-)

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Shoop, you can't wear white after Labor Day... you know KNOW that...

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Unless they're buying the exact same type t-shirts and hats that the team is constantly seen wearing, you're not addressing my comment ....... as usual.

[smiley=huh.gif] Now that statement just makes no sense whatsoever.  Why do I bother?  And just so you know, Triple, just assume from here on out that whenever I post, I'm not talking to you.  I think it would just be better that way.