• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: Greenish/Yellowish/Goldish, from day 1.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you UCF for showing USF how stupid they look......or at least their helmets. (Yes, it's that time again folks!  ;) )

"Why do we wear the ugliest helmets in college football?!"

UCF06-8210.JPG

Well Amarri, I'll tell you...

If there was ever a better illustration than saturday's game, I would like to see it. Because on saturday it was plain as day, ladies and gentlemen.

Exhibit A:

6x9-0051.JPG

Here you see the wonderful green and gold, bold and beautiful, colors on the back of Mr Moffitt. Scanning upward, you see the disgusting greenish/yellowish/goldish color of the USF helmet, placed against the gold jersey of a terrible UCF football player.

Exhibit B:

6x9-0014.JPG

Here you see the helmet of Mr Verpaele, side by side with the helmet of another terrible UCF football player. As you can clearly see, UCF decided that it would be in their best interest to make their helmets MATCH their school colors and jerseys. USF, not so much.

Also note, the shoulder numbers 54 and 94 and compare them to the helmets they are adjacent to. We'll continue that topic in exhibit C.

Exhibit C:

6x9-0060.JPG

Ah, the black logo. Isnt it.......well, disgusting? As you can clearly see, the team WITH team colors of black and gold, have their helmet logo correct. Granted, it sucks, but at the very least, it's correct.

On the other hand, if you take a look at the #4 on the shoulder of Mr Jenkins, you can clearly see that the helmet designers at USF decided that it would be in THEIR best interest to make their logo and facemask NOT match their school colors and basically look like.....well, dog crap.

The end.

(note: Im not giving up until this gets corrected. Granted, I'm a 1-man army, but DAMNIT it needs to change!)

PS - I'm sorry gurlybull, but this is just friggin hot.  :o

UCF06-8569.JPG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Disagree, Shoop.  I like our version of gold.  There IS, after all, a range of golds in the color wheel.  And if you noticed on TV, our helmets were brighter and stood out more.  

I do HATE the black helmet decal and facemask, though.  Bring back the green!!

I think putting the UCF helmet next to USF helmet shows how doo-doo brown the UCF helmet is... that helmet is more of a beige than a gold.

Gold is supposed to be a bit more metallic.

nb20050617a2a.jpg

14goldbar.jpg

Seems okay to me...

You have a point about the black - but why waste so much energy on this??

Oh, and I love the white on white now that we've won in it... USF was 0-2 last year in white on white (Penn St & Miami)...

;-)

Disagree, Shoop.  I like our version of gold.  There IS, after all, a range of golds in the color wheel.  And if you noticed on TV, our helmets were brighter and stood out more.  

That's all fine and dandy, IF the gold in YOUR avatar was "our version of gold", as you put it. Your avatar is correct. The helmet was correct in 1997.

I think putting the UCF helmet next to USF helmet shows how doo-doo brown the UCF helmet is... that helmet is more of a beige than a gold.

Gold is supposed to be a bit more metallic.

Hey, I never said UCF helmets were good. I just said they were correct.

nb20050617a2a.jpg

14goldbar.jpg

Seems okay to me...

You have a point about the black - but why waste so much energy on this??

Because it looks stupid. Why do teams change logos and get new uni's? It's all about image, man.

..................aaaaaaand because I'm a sick sick individual, who attends meetings weekly.  ;)

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I vote for changing the black to green.  Write the entire football staff an angry e-mail.  Whenever I do that I usually get a few responses.

But, keep in mind we are 3-0 in the black and gold helmets!  I'm too superstitious to change them now.  I go out of my way to break mirrors and walk under ladders, but when it comes to football I were the same shirt to every game until it smells unbearable, then I carry it in with me. I also keep my UL ticket with me at all times for good luck.

Change it, but not until we lose.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Bring back the green with our gold helmets and gold pants would be nice

Guest JulmisteForPrez
wow this was a waste of my time thanks  

So much so, I see, that you took a little EXTRA of that wasted time to actually make a post!!

Interesting.......... :-?