• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE Showcase:  MD@WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

impressive

do we have the Dline to stop the run and force them to throw.

put 8 or 9 in the box and tackle well

with what ive seen from the d-line so far it could get ugly.  We have alot of time to improve for that game which is a good thing as we need to see a world of difference from what we have seen so far.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Here's some food for thought

MTSU beats FIU 7-6

USF beats FIU 21-20

MD beats MTSU 24-10

WVU leading MD 38-10 at the half

WVU vs USF score is ?

I was going post a similar comparison  :-[

I think we have a lot more room for improvement than WVU does. I can't honestly say I think we'll beat them, and if we played tomorrow, it would probably be an embarrasing slaughter, but we have two months to get ready. I think it may be a lot closer than some of you guys think.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

If you can stop the run, you can stop WVU....  But stopping the run is tough to do......

I agree.  When they showed WVU's last six games, USF had the 2nd lowest rushing yards allowed (305) and the fewest rushing TDs allowed (3).

The problem is that WVU has a GREAT running back and a GREAT running quarterback.  White's passing game is a little suspect, he reminded me of Pay Julmiste's arm - sometimes too hard, sometimes on the money.

White was 6-9 for 43 yards last night (granted they didn't have to throw much).  They ran for 340 yards.  They were +4 on the turnover margin.  On the flip side, WVU was only 2-8 on third downs and committed 10 penalties for 95 yards.

WVU showed me last night that they are not a perfect team. They are a GREAT team and can capitalize VERY WELL on mistakes.

But if USF can stop the run, contol the ball, and limit penalties - WVU will not be as daunting.

Of course, if the USF that played the first 50+ minutes against FIU shows up, it will be a long night in Morgantown.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Come on.  The Qb from freaking mcneese ran all over us.  What do you think White'll do?   ::)

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

I love our team. Realistically, we have no chance against these guys. I will still watch and hope for the best. But we have no chance.

People knock Pat White;s throwing ability but every time he needs to make a throw he does. He's over 70% in completions for the year. He is sick.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Further, WVU's record over the last 15 games or so is very impressive. The only team they;ve lost to was a very good virginia tech team. By the end of the year they could be 24-1 over their last 25 or something like that. Got to give it to those guys.

Mince...

I agree that WVU is good, but they are also a little lucky.  Sure White is 20 for 27 for 243 yards - in THREE games.  There are QB's who do that in one game.  

But they are also +6 in turnover margin, Maryland only had 50 total yards less for the game.  They commit 8 penalties per game.  Against Marshall, Eastern Washington, and Maryland - not exactly powerhouses - they've allowed 352 yards rushing on 88 carries - for an average of 4 yards per carry.

I'm not saying it's going to happen... I'm saying it could happen.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20

Mince...

I agree that WVU is good, but they are also a little lucky.  Sure White is 20 for 27 for 243 yards - in THREE games.  There are QB's who do that in one game.  

But they are also +6 in turnover margin, Maryland only had 50 total yards less for the game.  They commit 8 penalties per game.  Against Marshall, Eastern Washington, and Maryland - not exactly powerhouses - they've allowed 352 yards rushing on 88 carries - for an average of 4 yards per carry.

I'm not saying it's going to happen... I'm saying it could happen.

West Virginia Turnover Margins

2002: +19

2003: +18

2004: +4

2005: +14

I'm inclined to think it's more coaching than luck.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree Brandon, WVU is one hell of a great coached team. The mere fact that they DIDN'T panic when things didn't go their way (fumbles) shows Rodriguez has a good grasp on his team.

That being said Maryland is gonna stuggle to make a bowl game. They struggled on offense against MTSU and William & Mary and will struggle in the ACC. They are flat out a bad team.