• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ UCF - on the field

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Our D Vs Their O

The defense has been pretty vanilla thus far so im hoping we have some good blitz packages cooked up to put Moffitt on the ground.  Pretty confident our DB's can do a good job on their recievers.  D line needs to get some penetration or at the very least hold the LOS so our LB's are free to make plays.

Our O Vs Their D

The o-line really needs to step up and open up some holes for our running game.  I want to see more shots down the field especially off of play action on 1st down (seeing as we run the ball quite a bit on first down).  Really hard to get a read on their D when they were matched up with a team like UF, but they did give up alot of yards to Nova.   Amari Jackson really needs to step up and do something.  He has all the potential in the world but doesnt seem to do anything with it.  Grothe just needs to take care of the pall and be efficient, no turnovers and a good completion % and we should be in a very good position to win.  One of our RB's needs to step up and have a big game.  Running back my committee doesnt work unless you're auburn from a couple years back.

Special Teams

Our return game is pretty ridiculous at the moment and is prolly our biggest threat for big plays on any side of the ball.  A couple big returns can really break a teams back and change the tide of a game, hopefully Randolph can deliver again.  Our kicker situation is pretty freaking scary, you know your in a bad spot when you get nervous about extra points.  The Punting situation has gotten a little better but still needs a lot of improvement.  

Coaching

I saw a pretty vanilla defense and a really conservative offense so far from our bulls.  We need to open up the playbook starting this week.  O'Leary will have his team prepared and a pretty good gameplan.  He will have his team pumped as a W for them is way more important to their program than ours.  They need this to show they are on the same level as us after last years game, if we lose its step back for us, if we win its no big deal its what we should be doing (deating non BCS teams).  They players will be amped for this as alot of them were recruited by both schools and have played against and with each other before going to their respective schools.  We need to make sure our boys dont let the emotion get the best of them, discipline and keeping penalties down are a must and big key to getting a W here.  Just because it needs to be said one more time ROD SMITH OPEN UP THE PLAY BOOK TAKE SOME SHOTS DOWN THE FIELD!

Prediction

USF 28 UCF 10

UCF jumps out early behind the support of a loud and nasty crowd.  USF starts bringing the heat and putting moffitt on his back and forces a couple turnovers that swing the momentum.  USF gets a big return that breaks UCF's will, but they still add a FG in garbage time.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Lots of ifs and buts in steve's post. I agree with most, but the final prediction is WAY off......in that, if USF falls behind, its over. This team doesnt do well on the road as it is...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I think this is a new team offensively ... but I hope we are not tested Saturday like we were this past Saturday.

Expecting a strong game for our Beloved BULLS !

Go BULLS !!!

Expecting a strong game for our Beloved BULLS !

Go BULLS !!!

Expecting, or hoping?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I EXPECT us to play better. We've shot ourselves in the foot too much the first 2 games for it to continue in every game.

So what does UCF have that's gonna beat us?

Everyone is getting caught up in the outside stuff and not focusing about the on the field stuff.

Honestly, all I know is they have a guy named Moffitt.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

So what does UCF have that's gonna beat us?

Everyone is getting caught up in the outside stuff and not focusing about the on the field stuff.

Honestly, all I know is they have a guy named Moffitt.

Hey Big Shoop. I live around here so I have watched the game on catch 47. I am a UCF fan BTW.

Anyhow, this is a tough one to call. I know our fans want this bad. As far as the teams are concerned I will be as honest as possible and I think this is a tough one to predict period. It seems both of our teams can have games where they just DONT show up.

UCF breakdown:

This season: UCF disappointed its fans in the Villanova win 38-16. Fans dont know if we didnt do better because we ran such a vanilla playbook or if the talent was not there. All in all the LBs got alot of flak.

Watching the Florida game our defense honestly was not as bad as the numbers lead. The problem was that the Offense never sustained good drives. The defense was always on the field. We actually got a good rush IMHO, but Leak and Tebow were just stellar throwing on the run. Leak had some throws on the run that were very plummeresque. So, the LBs just werent covering well.  The game was 7-0 until 8 mins left in the 2nd when UCF had a meltdown

Defense: The only real weakness is the LB. The DL got good penetration on both Nova and UF. However, I will say, chasedown speed was not great once the O-line was penetrated.

The LBs have two guys that are not anything special on the outside. However, I dont like the scheming either. WE are running a 4-3 versus a spread offense. WE are just asking LB to get burnt. In addition we are running a zone. If Grothe can find the seams in that zone it will be a long day for UCF(finding seams may require strong arm).

Corners are VERY good and Safeties are good.

Offense:

Moffett has not turned the ball over yet. He has had few bad throws, a tight spiral, and a strong arm. He has come light years since year one. However, we had several drops against UF including 2 in the endzone. If our WRs dont step up, it will be a long day. Connection to watch: Mike Walker and Steffen Moffett, both All-conference caliber players. The running game has been disappointing. Our O-line has more starts than any line in the nation, but that hasnt counted for squat. Pass protection has been great, but run-blocking very poor. Kevin Smith @ RB was Freshman All-American or All-Conference cant remember. However, he needs good blocking.

Overall discipline is very good. No turnovers and little penalties. Moffet is able to scramble and makes good decision. Our team played with little intensity at UF. Heads were down and body language was that of losers from the start. If this is the same attitude USF will undoubtedly kill us. If not, we will do very well.

USF:

IMHO you all would no better

USF is not as good as last year in losing most of the DL, but the DL is by know means weak.

This is a very good D with one of the best LB cores in the nation IMHO. I dont know much about the back 4.

Offense:

Grothe seems to have a better touch than PJ, but his armstrength and accuracy in my opinion leave much to be desired. At the same time he has played what? 1.5 games. If I were a bull, I would be concerned how he floats balls and has made some bad decisions. UCF was +3 against UF. I would be concerned with his size running against bigger teams. I would be happy by his ability to run and make things happen and character. He seems to have a knack for winning.

Overall, I think the disipline on the USF team is poor. Highly penalized and freshman mistakes.

Please dont take my comments on the bulls seriously. I cant say I know enough about them to say all the positives so please elaborate.

I think this will be a very good game and a good measuring point for where our programs are.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

fair anaylsis

If both teams show up, were all in for one hell of a game...

If USF plays as bad as they did the first two weeks, well lose

If USF can score 24-28 points, whether it be defense or offense, we'll have a very good chance at winning.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

fair anaylsis

If both teams show up, were all in for one hell of a game...

If USF plays as bad as they did the first two weeks, well lose

If USF can score 24-28 points, whether it be defense or offense, we'll have a very good chance at winning.

I agree,

I see UCF scoring a max of 28 points with USFs D, so I would have to agree with you on that.