• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: Trio to remain out

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Oh well, that sucks. These three are never going to be ready to play because the season will be just about over before they get into a game.

Let's not get over dramatic here. We will still have SIX confrence games for them to play in. I wouldn't call that the season about over ....  ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Ponton and Julmiste have already used their redshirt years, so they can't. Chambers definitely could.

You beat me to it ... and I think it would be wise of Chambers.

And nothing has been said it will be six ... maybe 3, 4 or 5 games.

When they return ... they will be ready.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443
  • Days Won:  0

How the heck can these guys be serious about playing football and being the best they can be when they are out getting high?
     ;D....are you serious 8-)                                                            

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Five conference games. They'd miss Rutgers and Connecticut.

I keep forgetting the UNC game is after we start conference play .... Still, five conference games and a BCS team is a lot of season left.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Agreed -- they deserve every bit of that six game suspension.  I too am glad we stuck to our guns.

That being said, I'm really ticked at those three doofs!

It will hurt the team and us, the fans more than those three players.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

not if they care about their teammates. I am sure they care if they dont play

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Where are the UCFr's applauding this decision?  If it was the other way, u betcha there would be a gaggle of 'em piss n moaning about how USF is not tuff on drug offenders.  Anyway I hope these kids are embarrassed and have learned a hard life lesson.  Gonna blow smoke...don't forget to take you masking agent...err I mean you're gonna pay the price.  :)  

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Ponton and Julmiste have already used their redshirt years, so they can't. Chambers definitely could.

You beat me to it ... and I think it would be wise of Chambers.

And nothing has been said it will be six ... maybe 3, 4 or 5 games.

When they return ... they will be ready.

Go BULLS !!!

I am missing how this is a certain thing?  I was told that no one was certain the length or anything as of yet that final determination had yet to be determined.

I don't think Gerdes comment to Greg means it's definitely 6 games because everyone in the Athletic Department was instructed to stay mum until this is final.  My guess is it sticks but who knows.

By the way, you are all wrong too, this is not a certainty that it will be a full 6 games, and my bet it might be something more like 3 or 4.  The reason is simple the change in our drug policy actually takes EFFECT this school year, the previous policy was for last year and Woolard changed it in January well before the incident occurred. My understanding is the violations, or rather positive test results occurred during the summer- before the new season/school year, YET after the OLD ONE.  So, we're in a gray area.

If the issue had occurred last spring then it would be different, definitely 6 games, if the rest results occurred this fall after the first day of the semester then it would be 2 games.  But it didn't occur during either, during the summer....that's why this is being decided and isn't an open and shut case.

I for one hope they get 2-3, you can't change the rules then revert to the old ones just because it looks better in the media.  Rules are rules.  For all you legal eagles, and goody two shoes, UT's two guys that were suspended for DUI, driving with marijuana possession, and guns, were only suspended for one game- OSU game.  It's tough up here at the top.