• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Much respect to FIU!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

This is for the FIU fans. Your program is on the right track as far as I am concerned. I loved your band, and your defense was pretty **** good against the run. FIU is a better team than 0-2, so I feel sorry for your next opponent. Good luck the rest of the year. I think you are going to beat the hell out of FAU this year. FIU is building something special down in Miami.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I concur -- you guys played a great game. I would be saying that even if we lost. Your offensive line did a great job in pass protection. Your QB is one cool customer. You have some special athletes, especially #1 Williams-- he's got some serious speed and skill.

Good luck the rest of the way and with building the program.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

FIU, we underestimated your team.  Your team is more proof that Florida is crazy with football talent and, like McNeese State, your fans were classy.  Thanks and visit often.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you very much. As a FIU parent I appreciate the respect that you guys seemed to have developed for our team after last night. It is for certain that we had little to none going into the game based on the predictions I saw here on your board. We still have a long way to go. But it takes one game at a time. You guys know that all too well. Thank you again. I hope that your trip to The Cage next year (or it may be in 2008) will be a pleasant one but that you go home with one in the "L" column.  ;)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

FIU played a very good game. They took what we gave them and played very very tough. They have some very good players on both sides of the ball.

I think it's safe to say that FIU has firmly passed FAU at this point. FAU was creamed by a pretty poor Kansas State team yesterday.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

Thank you guys for the class and respect that was showed in my visit to Tampa last night. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and your fans were very well behaved. I hope that the future of our program will be heading in the same direction as yours. I like your traditions and fan turnout. The student section was pretty rowdy and showed that they would be a factor in future games with the noise that was coming from there. I will upload pics and a link (from an FIU fans perspective) after I return from Busch Gardens today. Thank you again and good luck for the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Grateful, how did we underestimate this team?  After that horrible loss to Army we should never underestimate anyone......

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET SOMEWHERE AND KISS AND HUG

USF PLAYED HORRIBLY AND HAD USF PLAYED TO THEIR CAPABILITIES THE GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER BY HALFTIME(NO DISRESPECT TO FIU AND THEIR FANS IS INTENDED)

USF DIDNT UNDERESTIMATE FIU.WE DID NOT COME TO PLAY JUST LIKE LAST WEEK.

WE WERE LAZY AND UNMOTIVATED.THERE IS LITTLE PASSION OR ENTHUSIASM.

IT IS SHOKCING THAT OOUR OLINEMAN COULDNT PU8SH FIU DOWN THE FIELD.

IT IS EQUALLY SHOCKING THAT OUR DLINEMAN COULDNT PUT THEIR QB ON HIS BACK ALL NIGHT

USF HAS WON NOTHING AND SHOULD RESPECT EVERY OPPONENT.

LET'S SEE WHAT FIU DOES WITH BOWLING GREEN NEXT WEEK!

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

The reason FIU's quaterback roasted our secondary....

Can you say head coach Don Strock?

http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=49161&SPID=4780&DB_OEM_ID=11700&ATCLID=560364&Q_SEASON=2006

He must have seen how soft our secondary was during the game, and drew up some plays to attack with the deep pass.  It reminded me of Stock's Dolphin days when he would sub in for an inefffective David Woodley and turn the game around.  Strock was only coaching and his QB was executing the plays,  but I give him credit for recognizing that our seconday is the weak point in our defense.

This is a prime example of what can happen when you have an offsive minded coach instead of CJL handing off the duties to a clown like Rod Smith.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

FIU played a good game. Congrats