• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has done a poor job marketing the UCF game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Definitely UCF's job on that one.  USF fans are aware of the game....if they want to go, they'll show.  I wouldn't miss it.  Not because of who we're playing but because of who we are.  I love USF and if they're playing Orlando Jones High School, I'll go see it.  Go Bulls!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF does not want a rivalry with UCF.  That is why they haven't marketed (probably, I'm way over here in TX, can't see what's going on there).  If they wanted a rivalry they would be hyping it up big time.  USF wants a rivalry with UM or another BCS school.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Not criticizing, just making an observation, can you refute it?

All road game information was on the website months ago with information on how to obtain the tickets. Didn't the students govenrment buy a big block of tickets to sell to students at a reduced rate?

I'm sure there will be a rush of ticket buying over the next week. Coolbull1 is correct in his assessment that USF fans know about the game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

easy does it with critizing my alma mater buster

Smazz, you are on the top of your game here lately .........   ;)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

easy does it with critizing my alma mater buster

hilarious  ;D

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

it is an away game-- it's UCFs job to promote this game.

True, but why would they want to promote the game at USF. That would only bring more USF fans in, not UCF fans, which would defeat the purpose of the home-field.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

True, but why would they want to promote the game at USF. That would only bring more USF fans in, not UCF fans, which would defeat the purpose of the home-field.

Why would we expend valuable marketing resources to create revenue for UCF?  I understand your point, but that isn't why we market our games.  Marketing is done for revenue, not for home field advantage.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

Moot point.  This game will require no marketing.  The media and O'Leary will make sure the I-4 corridor knows about this one.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Ok, from a business stand point it would be good to market it, but from a fans point its not. Would you want to see the entire upper deck of Ray Jay next year be black and gold? No, you want it GREEN. So if UCF won't market it, then at least USF can to get as many people to support our team.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

USF should be promoting the HOME game vs FIU which will bring money in our pockets. The UCF game is their home game does nothing for our pockets. So any promotion by USF would be for fan support at the game nothingelse.

Youll probably see some after the FIU game but they wont go overboard nor give discounted seats because that would mean USF paying the balance.

I'd agree that it makes perfect sense to go into promotion mode after FIU.  No sense in promoting the second next big thing before the first next big thing shows up.  That said, I doubt you'll see too much circling of the wagons for UCF -- at least from non-student entities.  USF has intentionally downplayed this game for some time now.  I don't see them putting any endorsement or effort into it....beyond that it makes them no money and the press (for that week) should be all the marketing that game needs.

I GUARANTEE it will be a three-ring circus.  There will be no shortage of ink from Tampa or Orlando and I imagine O'Leary will fire the first barb no sooner than 1 hour after they get it handed to them in Gainesville.

The 2:30 start time is going to be the killer for UCF.  They'll lose 10-15,000 fans just from that. Why they agreed on that start time is beyond me.

Florida has practically no running game.  If UCF wants to keep that thing in the swamp respectable, they just need to pass blitz a bunch and hope they get lucky.

I see no reason for USF to endorse an away game in this case.  We'll get a good showing there (me included), and its UCF's job to promote their own home games.  I'm sure they will.

I expect the line to open up at something respectable, my best guess would be USF -7 1/2 or - 6 1/2...note BIG difference between those lines  :).