• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has done a poor job marketing the UCF game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I havent seen anything mentioning how to get tickets or even to promote the game.  You would think they would have advertised it at the game sat.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

easy does it with critizing my alma mater buster

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Not criticizing, just making an observation, can you refute it?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

it is an away game-- it's UCFs job to promote this game.

:)

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I would have to agree. There has been nothing that I have seen on campus promoting people to go (including SG tickets). Hopefully we will see some things come up sometime this week.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

USF should be promoting the HOME game vs FIU which will bring money in our pockets. The UCF game is their home game does nothing for our pockets. So any promotion by USF would be for fan support at the game nothingelse.

Youll probably see some after the FIU game but they wont go overboard nor give discounted seats because that would mean USF paying the balance.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

USF should be promoting the HOME game vs FIU which will bring money in our pockets. The UCF game is their home game does nothing for our pockets. So any promotion by USF would be for fan support at the game nothingelse.

Youll probably see some after the FIU game but they wont go overboard nor give discounted seats because that would mean USF paying the balance.

I'd agree that it makes perfect sense to go into promotion mode after FIU.  No sense in promoting the second next big thing before the first next big thing shows up.  That said, I doubt you'll see too much circling of the wagons for UCF -- at least from non-student entities.  USF has intentionally downplayed this game for some time now.  I don't see them putting any endorsement or effort into it....beyond that it makes them no money and the press (for that week) should be all the marketing that game needs.

I GUARANTEE it will be a three-ring circus.  There will be no shortage of ink from Tampa or Orlando and I imagine O'Leary will fire the first barb no sooner than 1 hour after they get it handed to them in Gainesville.

The 2:30 start time is going to be the killer for UCF.  They'll lose 10-15,000 fans just from that. Why they agreed on that start time is beyond me.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Lets worry about the FIU game guys before we get to UCF one game at a time and besides really who does not know we play UCF anyone that is a BULL or tinman fan knows

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Exactly.

By the way, if everyone in the Tampa Bay area is so geeked up to play UCF, why would they need to market it? :-X

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

Exactly.

By the way, if everyone in the Tampa Bay area is so geeked up to play UCF, why would they need to market it? :-X

No marketing necessary anyhow.  The Sentinel, Tampa Trib, St. Pete Times and the George "Tim Hortons" O' Leary will provide all the marketing necessary.  

I imagine the Oracle and that dude (the one that lost the bet and never showed) from the UCF paper will even throw a few barbs.  God knows the Oracle could hang that (a welched bet) over their head.