• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe ruled... BUT....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

When's the last time you saw a USF receiver get hit in stride, though?    :)

when he made the comment I replied "I don't care if he threw that one like a sideways knuckle ball-- it was a beautiful pass"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

When was the last time one of our QB's threw a  47 yard TD pass?

To one of our own players?   ;D

Just kidding, I like Pat.  But Matt just looks at home in there commanding the huddle.  Did you see the WR's come over and slap his helmet after virtually every run he made?  He's got the respect of his teammates...

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea i just hope Pat can still get on the field because he is an athlete and can run over most LBs.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

You know, those are the "sexy" plays and all, but I liked the short throws better than his deep ones. The deep ones were good(like MikeG said, the bomb to Edwards was more Edwards making a play on the ball than Matt throwing the perfect pass), but the short ones were crisp, ON TIME, and IN STRIDE.

When's the last time you saw a USF receiver get hit in stride, though?    :)

It wasn't in stride... the receiver was 5 steps behind two defenders and had to slow up for the pass.  Sure it may have been better than we have seen in a while, but it was not "in stride".  If it were, the receiver would not have been tackled into the endzone; he would have been untouched.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Grothe's style of play reminds me of kind of like a Brett Farve or Steve Young. That is just my opinion about what USF has in Grothe. Keep in mind that he is still young,  so he will make many mistakes as he goes a long. As long as he gives the offense more option (which he cleary does) then I am happy to have him at the helm. You have to love his running ability. I watched a few of his high school games, and I came away very impressed with his play. I know it is a much lower level than college, but how can you not get excited after watching Grothe make the plays.??

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

You know, those are the "sexy" plays and all, but I liked the short throws better than his deep ones. The deep ones were good(like MikeG said, the bomb to Edwards was more Edwards making a play on the ball than Matt throwing the perfect pass), but the short ones were crisp, ON TIME, and IN STRIDE.

I know Shoop.  I was was just trying to point out that with PJ we have no vertical passing game.  Smith would not even call the long passes last season because he had no confidence in PJ.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I know Shoop.  I was was just trying to point out that with PJ we have no vertical passing game.  Smith would not even call the long passes last season because he had no confidence in PJ.  

With Justmissed in, we were third down and 27 and ran the ball from our 4.