• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I thought McNeese recovered it in the end zone-- my pics show they did

The TV cameras had a good shot down the sideline and the ball went out of bounds... you'll see it on the replay.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

it happened right in front of me Jim

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Your 3 cheerleaders are hot.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

I am a McNeese fan living in Houston, Texas. I've mostly been a lurker here (I think I've posted one time.) I caught the game at home on ESPN Gameplan.

I just wanted to add my congratulations on the Bulls win and to thank you for your hospitality on this board and to the Cowboy fans who made the trip to Tampa. Seeing that you are I-A, I doubt you would ever schedule a game at McNeese, but I know if you did, you would greatly enjoy the Cowboy hospitality.

One complaint goes to whoever ran the cameras for the broadcast. I don't remember seeing even one shot of the McNeese fans in the stands.

I'm proud of the Cowboys, but I think we need a lot of work in a few areas, hopefully to be corrected before we hit conference play.

I'll drop in here now and then to check up on the Bulls. Best of luck for a great season! And Geaux Pokes!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

McNeese looked pretty good. They will definitely be a team to watch in 1 AA this season.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Mike... I was drunk watching the game and that ball got fumbled and was never recovered by McNeese... that was my perspective from the big screen at the bar with the server girl sitting on my lap talking dirty to Smazza on my cell while making out with me. What a great Saturday!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I am a McNeese fan living in Houston, Texas. I've mostly been a lurker here (I think I've posted one time.) I caught the game at home on ESPN Gameplan.

I just wanted to add my congratulations on the Bulls win and to thank you for your hospitality on this board and to the Cowboy fans who made the trip to Tampa. Seeing that you are I-A, I doubt you would ever schedule a game at McNeese, but I know if you did, you would greatly enjoy the Cowboy hospitality.

One complaint goes to whoever ran the cameras for the broadcast. I don't remember seeing even one shot of the McNeese fans in the stands.

I'm proud of the Cowboys, but I think we need a lot of work in a few areas, hopefully to be corrected before we hit conference play.

I'll drop in here now and then to check up on the Bulls. Best of luck for a great season! And Geaux Pokes!

I live just down I-10 from you in San Antonio.  Good luck the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

Great game cowboys.  We can't talk a whole lot of trash, the final score doesn't tell the whole story.  Evenually our depth wor you down, but you guys do have some players.  Best of luck the rest of the year.  We'll keep an eye out to see if you guys make the 1AA playoffs.  Oh, and the refs did blow that call down on the 1 yard line that we scored our first TD on.

I agree-- it was a fumble. Perhaps it was a little bit of relief from all the flags they kept throwing on us any time we got a first down in the first half. Some of those were earned-- some were pretty ticky tack. I'll be pulling for the Cowboys to run the table to a national championship. You guys have a lot of talent-- and those linemen certainly had some good size to them.

Acutally, the refs didn't blow the call on the fumble.  Here is how it works.

- USF had posession of the ball.

- If was fumbled into the endzone, and went out of bounds across the sideline.

- The rule is the same as if the ball is fumbled out of bounds at the 50 yard line: the team the fumbled retains possession, but since it went out in the endzone - the spot is where the player fumbled.

So, the officials called it correctly.

If the ball had been fumbled across the endline, it would be a touchback for McNeese State.

Unless they have changed the rule, that is not true.   We had the exact same thing happen to us in the 2002 semi-final game with Villanova.   We had a runningback go around to exact same corner.   As he was going down he tries to reach the ball over the goal line.   After his knee hits the ground (which the refs flat missed and definitely showed on the replays) the ball got loose, went through the corner of the endzone, out of bounds in the endzone.   It was ruled a touchback and Nova got the ball on the 20.   I have seen this happen a few times.   If you fumble into the endzone and it goes through or out of the endzone, it is a touchback and the ball is given to the other team on the 20 yardline.  

It was my impression that they ruled him down before he fumbled.   Which is what the ruling "should" have been in our 2002 semifinal game.

Doc

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The whistle must have blown, because he clearly was not down.