• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we have found our QB...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

jim...grothe did look off a lot of plays.  sometimes he didnt have time too.

but i always look for that in a qb and grothe did it when it was necessary and time permitted

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Those that think Julmiste will EVER start again, were we watching the same game?

You could almost SEE the whole team get an extra "pep in their step" when Grothe came in. He commanded the huddle, and you could see the confidence his offense had in him.

Forget the stats(even though they are very lopsided in his favor), it's the attitude of the team that you have to look at here...

At the middle of the 3rd when the McNeese Defense was gassed, yes. Early on both played about the same. I still would like to see one more game out of both before we make our decision.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Let me tell you, I was watching Grothe for a specific reason ... in the Spring game I saw him telegraph his passes - heck Jenkins intercepted him twice that day.

Yup, Grothe did it again.  Virtually every time he throws he watches 1 receiver.  He doesn't look defenders off.  He doesn't look around.  He watches the target and throws.  Hell, he was almost picked off on one play.

On his second TD throw, they said it was his third reciever he went to.

That may be, but I am skeptical it was the case.  Need to look at the play by play, or watch the replay on Catch 47.

I said the same exact thing to my wife about him following one receiver the entire play. But the trend that I saw with him is that he telegraphs the timing patterns, but not every pass. There were a few passes to Cedric Hill that were clearly timing routes and MG clearly followed him the entire play with his eyes. He is young, but promissing. Lets all reserve judgment a few more weeks. By the Kansas game we can annoit him the second coming of Blackwell....hopefully!

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I don't understand the logic. If the two are about even, and one's a senior and the other's a freshman, why wouldn't you play the freshman? Grothe will get better. PJ probably won't.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

Those that think Julmiste will EVER start again, were we watching the same game?

You could almost SEE the whole team get an extra "pep in their step" when Grothe came in. He commanded the huddle, and you could see the confidence his offense had in him.

Forget the stats(even though they are very lopsided in his favor), it's the attitude of the team that you have to look at here...

I am with you on this one.  And CJL hedged a little in the interview after the game when he was asked that question by the reporter.  He said it wouldn't be fair to comment on that right now.  He wants to look at the film, yadda yadda.  Meaning to me, "not until I have time to personally break the news to Pat".

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

At the middle of the 3rd when the McNeese Defense was gassed, yes. Early on both played about the same. I still would like to see one more game out of both before we make our decision.

Im talking about the team. The confidence was night and day.

And if you wanna talk about numbers, if the redshirt freshman, in his 1st game EVER plays EVEN with your 3rd year starter, who has played games in VERY tough environments, vs very tough opponents, then I dont know why there is even a discussion.

The future is now.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

I don't understand the logic. If the two are about even, and one's a senior and the other's a freshman, why wouldn't you play the freshman? Grothe will get better. PJ probably won't.

the logic is that if they are even in practice then the senior with actual game experience will play better in an actual game

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

the logic is that if they are even in practice then the senior with actual game experience will play better in an actual game

IF that senior is worth a ****.

Ours is not.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I am with you on this one.  And CJL hedged a little in the interview after the game when he was asked that question by the reporter.  He said it wouldn't be fair to comment on that right now.  He wants to look at the film, yadda yadda.  Meaning to me, "not until I have time to personally break the news to Pat".

CJL also said that PJ and MG both knew a week ago that PJ would start and MG would go in the second half.  Why couldn't he say that to the media on Tuesday if everyone knew?  He also said he decided to start PJ because of the "senior thing and all."

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think too many are putting too much stock into a I-AA opponent. Grothe looked good, but I don't think you can automatically expect these results each week. McNeese's defense was gassed mid 3rd quarter, thats when we were able to get off a few QB runs and then the TD pass.