• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AHHH...gator fans at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I guess because I live in Tampa that I shouldn't celebrate when teh White Sox win a World Series-- even if this is the one baseball team I've rooted for my entire life...

That makes you a bastard, by the way...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

So we have this alumni function the other day with UM, FSU, UCF, and UF... I'm addressing some alum from UCF, FSU, and UM, and noticed a group of Gators all around each other not interacting with the rest of us. I said, "There aren't any true UF alum here... they're all just NASCAR fans". You might say we all got a good laugh.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106

YOUD THINK IF YOU GOT REJECTED by a school you might dislike it, but not all these gator ass kissers at USF...these kids are stupid, they cant get into UF, so they wear there UF stuff still at USF...

So you are assuming that the students at USF that wear UF stuff got rejected from UF. So that makes USF what???

I've read most of the posts on this tread and I'm not sure if I should be offended or just laugh. For the sake of writing more, I’ll pretend I’m offended.

I happen to be exactly what you all are railing against, except that I go to UF and wear USF stuff all the time. I'm that UM fan with the USF parking pass, except that it's a USF tag and cloths with a UF parking pass. And according this thread, I’m a bad person and I should shed my Green and Gold and don the horrid Orange and Blue. OR is it ok that I’m a Bulls fan wearing USF garb and attending UF. I’m not a Gator fan, never have been and never will be and if any Gator fan ever said anything about me wearing USF stuff at UF I'd tell them to go piss off.

And just for the record, I never applied to USF (they didn't teach what I'm studying), so I’m not a USF reject attending UF.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Here is a story for you guys.

Back in my undergrad days in the dark ages before USF had football.  Back in the days when it was "crazy talk" to consider campaigning for football because it would lower our achedemic standards and "ruin" the college experence.  I $h!t you not.  The news papers and other tv media would always find that one student with that view point.  You know, the same student who lived on campus but drove home to mommy's house every weekend so mommy could wash their clothes and cook them a hot meal.

Anyway back on track...  I met some friends via the dorms and college football season just started.  I was a former very average soccer player in high school, so I was a little geeked up that USF had such a respected soccer program.  I was already hooked into USF sports, and basketball season had not even started.  Remember, this was back when our basketball program was good and going the NCAA's or at least the NIT.  Well one of my new friends asked me what was my favorite football team.  Being a native of the southern part of Florida, I chimed in "The Dolphins."

He said "No I mean college teams."

I said, "well USF does not have a football team, so no team."

He said, "you are from Flordia, so you must like one of the schools...  UF or FSU"

So I responded with, "Well since you put it that way, UM."

He said, "Miami?!?!?!  Why them?!?!?"  It turns out that he was an FSU fan, so picking UM really irritated him.

I said, "Well I grew up in South Florida, so I have more in common with UM than you have with FSU.  They do have a few (3 at the time I believe) national championships.  FSU and UF have nothing"

He was still fuming.

I added, "Well you asked me to pick a team.  I have never watched one UF or FSU game.  I watched a few UM-Notre Dame games, and I always watch the bowl games that feature UM, but thats it."

He got over it, and I think UM won another NC that year with Dennis Erickson as coach, and FSU did nothing for a few more years. ;D  I always thought it was funny that some people felt that you had to follow either FSU or UF back then.  What is wrong with neither?

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

my blood LITERALLY BOILS WHEN I SEE UF SHIRTS AT SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!AND UF FACEBOOK GROUPS!!!  Ive personally become a USF missionary both on campus and with online USF facebook groups which support the gayterds, if your a student on facebook, you should join a UF group for a minute and bash the gators as much as you can for one post and then leave the group!!!!I NEED HELP!!!!

YOUD THINK IF YOU GOT REJECTED by a school you might dislike it, but not all these gator ass kissers at USF...these kids are stupid, they cant get into UF, so they wear there UF stuff still at USF...

I LIVE FOR THE DAY BLUE AND ORANGE IS BANISHED FROM USF.

and im not lying about the boiling, i litterally fell HEATED and HATEFUL with this kind of BULL****!!!!

ahh venting complete...

Dood, you really need some anger management classes.  All that pent up aggrivation is not good for you.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I'll admit, I harass any person on the USF campus wearing other school colors.  I got someone so good that for the rest of the summer session, my fellow classmate had to rub it in my face that he was wearing USF gear.....I was loving every moment of it!  ;D

Here's a nice approach, if you see someone wearing other school colors, go up to them and ask them how they like our campus and school (make them think that you assume they are visiting).  When you get the reply, "Oh no, I'm a student here." Then you make them feel small about the colors they're wearing like, "Could have fooled me.  A true USF student wouldn't wear another school's colors. Have a nice day." But say it loud enough for everyone around the person to hear the comment too ;D !!!

I was watching the UK v UL game at a local Beef's when the slightly drunk guy at the bar asked who my team was.  Mind you now I was wearing a Bulls ball cap with the iconic U and a USF polo....He then proceeded to say, "UF or FSU?" I looked at him like a deer in headlights and then proceeded to point with one hand to my hat and the other hand to the logo on my shirt...And he still didn't get it!

Then he went to say, "Oh, I'm a USF fan, but UF is my first team. I went to school at USF for a couple of years and had season tickets for a while."

I moved to a different part of the bar without responding.  OIY VEY!!!

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

I don't give a rat's ass if you graduated from...

If my brother in law (a UF grad) can wear a USF shirt to our games, then everyone can.  If you're going to wear the colors of another school into our game, then don't come... seriously.

The next jackass I see wearing an FSU/UF/UM shirt to our game will be wearing my beer.  Consider yourself warned!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I thought this would be another thread about Ari, since the truth has come out that he is actually a Gators fan.  He owns UF season tickets and not USF season tickets.  What a putz.

We as a Bull Nation need to set the culture at our games.  We need to as one to make it known that it is not OK to wear FSU/UF/UM/OCCC colors at a USF game.  This is totally unacceptable.

It is only OK to wear the opposing school colors if you or an immediate family member is a current student or alumnus of that school.

OTHERWISE you **** better have GREEN AND GOLD ON!!!!!!!  ;D

Come on...

1) Would you goto a Buc's vs. Saints game with a Kansas City Chiefs jersey?

2) Would you got a Lightning vs. Philly game with a Detroit Red Wings jersey?

Doesn't make sense, does it?

Here's an interesting marketing ploy for a game....First 5,000 fans that are wearing FSU/UF/UM/OCCC cap, they trade it in for a Bulls cap.  New York Mets do this from time to time when they play their subway series games vs. the Yankees.