• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reason #2762 why the BEEF STUDS suck.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well i have a hard time saying ANY usf fan sucks.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest R_to_the_izzo
well i have a hard time saying ANY usf fan sucks.  

Thats just it. There not fans. THey show up to get camera time, and if the lights arent on the beef studs are nowhere to be found. If they painted up for every game I would support them, but they would rather promote themselves then promote the school.

But they pledged to be at every game this year at the roundup, so they have a chance to put their money where their mouth is.

there are some members that really should keep their shirts on...i know this much.

either way...i would prefer that USF fans were not nationally recognized under such a corny name as :beef studs'

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Beef Stud - i wear paint so therefore i'm more of a fan than you are: "well, we'll probably start with Julmiste....blahblahblah....but watch out for GROWTH, he'll probably get some playing time too........etc"

Someone needs to enlighten him. It's not just the paint anymore. Is it the right shade green and, more importantly, did you incorporate black anywhere??

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I will just say BOO YOU any fan that puts himself up for personal advancement before the USF football team.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i can't stand the beef studs, they only care about themselves and being seen on t.v.  just because you paint up doesn't mean anything.  and the only sport that they support is football, THEY DO NOT go to any other USF Sports event.  somebody told me they were telling students last year they are like the kamrinkrazies (sp?) of USF.  now i thought they krazies are only at basketball games, and yet they only showed up to one game, started a "overrated" chant with 5 minutes to go.  beef studs get way too much publicity for doing absolutely nothing.  now you want to see some of the best usf fans out there, look to sbc, we support every usf sport, not just football.  not to mention they start the worst cheer ever, and at the worst possible times, and worry only about it for the rest of the game, the wave.  yes, when you see the wave being started at a game, it is the beef studs that start it.  meanwhile, the other teams offense could be facing 3rd and goal at the 3 yard line, and they would worry about starting the wave.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Okay, we’re about to have a serious problem, because I never realized how moronic some of my fellow Bulls fans can be. You folks judge like you’re the **** gatekeeper to Heaven itself. If you have a problem with the Beef Studs, then you read closely.

First and foremost, I’m one of the founders of the Beef Studs. Technically, it was my idea. Two friends and I got together 5 years ago and just wanted to drum up spirit amongst the students. So, we decided to head to Party City and see how crazy we could get with a budget of $50 donated by the Dean of the Honors College (that’s right, we were originally all Honors students, and the three founders are now all in medical school). The Green and Gold guys had their own thing going on, and when I asked to join, they said they were waiting until they could “pass the torch†to two new freshmen. Basically, they told me to scram because I was a year too old. So I set out to found a group that didn’t turn any Bulls fan down who wanted to join in the spirit. I never expected it to get so big – but it has. Beef Studs was just what we called ourselves and never knew we’d be branding a future legacy. The organization is SG-funded, and does not turn ANY student down who wants to participate. Not only is it against the rules, but it is against the philosophy. I always guided the group away from competition, it was never “us against the Green and Gold guys,†in fact, we encouraged other people to spawn more painting groups, because nothing could be more awesome than hundreds of ultra-spirited Bulls fans. It’s great for the atmosphere, for the university, and for the college experiences of the participants. We’ve been heard of at all the major Florida universities, and I’ve heard people talking about the Beef Studs here at Umiami because they don’t have any students who do it.

So, who was the moron on Ron and Ian's show this morning?

Ron and Ian: "....who's gonna be the QB this year...?"

Beef Stud - i wear paint so therefore i'm more of a fan than you are: "well, we'll probably start with Julmiste....blahblahblah....but watch out for GROWTH, he'll probably get some playing time too........etc"

If you're going to prance around in a hula skirt and portray yourselves as the "biggest USF fans in the world" and if you're going to go on a highly rated radio show that's heard in half the STATE and invite people to join your cool group and you're going to basically spend 5 minutes putting yourself over, you MIGHT wanna actually know how to pronounce the future QB's last name.

Green and gold guys kick ass. Beef Studs, not so much.

[/rant]

For your information, jackass, we don’t consider ourselves the biggest USF fans in the world. We do encourage more school spirit every chance we get, so we try to lead by example, yes. Your venomous statements lead me to believe you’re harboring jealousy or some other hidden emotion which your contentions do not adequately justify. I think it’s absolutely hilarious that you would hate on a group of people willing to put ourselves out there like we do for our university because one of us didn’t know the correct pronunciation of a name which reasonably appears to be pronounced a different way. If I asked you to spell façade, or ophthalmology, you probably wouldn’t be able to, it’s not unreasonable. And for your information, I busted my ass in and out of USF for four years without pay or compensation for most things I did, because I love USF, and I DON’T GIVE A **** how the kid’s name is pronounced, nor have I bothered to ask anyone, because my head isn’t stuck so far up my ass that I’d care if I knew the right way. It’s not like someone mispronounced Gruden’s name, a household name in Tampa. He’s the backup QB for USF. Please, grow up.

Furthermore, your childish manner of setting the Beef Studs and the Green and Gold guys at odds is disgusting. We’re all here for the betterment of the university and for the improvement of school spirit. If you can’t handle that and you have to turn everything into a big **** contest (or wait, should I write Big Shoop contest) then you should find another university to support because I’m ashamed to call you my peer.

At least one of them went on the radio and got our bulls some airplay.  When was the last time any of you did that?  It's not like he went on there and started talking about how much they hate CRM or how Leavitt is acting like a child with the media, he just mis-pronounced the kids name, hardly a biggie and hardly a reason to trash students that, although aren't informed, are at least fans.  

Thank you, sir.

If you're GOING to put yourself out there and "give exposure" to usf AND YOURSELVES, you MIGHT wanna get your facts straight.

If George the USF fan gets on there and pronounces names wrong and gets his facts mixed up, it's ok. But if you're going to put yourselves over as much as the Beef Studs do, and try to portray yourselves as they do, it's not.

Thats my point.

Well your point sucks and your reasoning reminds me of high school.

this thread is more about shoop's hate for the beef studs

I’d say you hit the nail on the head here. I don’t know who this character is or who he thinks he is to be judging other fans like he does.

I say they suck because they say they are such huge fans...yet only 3-4 show up painted to games when there's much more than that.  The rest only show up when the game is on TV and they want camera time.  They like to promote themselves more than they like to promote athletics.

Actually, darlin’, the organization has grown to over 60 members this year thanks to an awesome recruiting effort all summer long (what organization are you a part of that can’t say that?). They have 35 confirmed painters for the upcoming game.

FYI, many of the Studs are still Honors College students. That means, like me, they aren’t lazy students. I took 24 credit hours the semester before I ran for SBP, held down three jobs, participated in over 30 organizations and as an officer of at least 6, and I made every single game. But we don’t ask that. We understand that students are in school for taking CLASSES and getting GRADES. We don’t turn anyone away, and we don’t charge dues to be able to participate. If folks have things they need to be doing, we don’t yell at them or kick them out. Fine, being a Beef Stud should be a huge commitment. It’s just getting to the point where we have enough people after 5 years to make an ‘A’ squad who always shows up at every game. It hasn’t been like that in the past. I recognize, admire, and respect the folks like you who show up at every game, but it is absolutely not your place to accuse the painted guys of self-interest. I might also add that there are buttholes in every group, especially when you don’t turn people away, so I’ll understand if there are a few who only do it for the “glory.†But it’s not my place to judge, because they’re out there painted and you’re not, and it’s certainly unfair of you to call out the entire group due to the perceived interests of a few casual members.

there are some members that really should keep their shirts on...i know this much.

either way...i would prefer that USF fans were not nationally recognized under such a corny name as :beef studs'

Perhaps you should keep your ugly face at home too, maybe we feel you poorly represent the physical attractiveness of a good USF fan. Mmmm, and your significant other, put a bag on her head; maybe some feel she should keep that **** covered. I'd hate for people on national TV to think that all USF fans look like you and her.

Do you pick up on the sarcastic analogy I'm writing here to exemplify your statement?

i can't stand the beef studs, they only care about themselves and being seen on t.v.  just because you paint up doesn't mean anything.  and the only sport that they support is football, THEY DO NOT go to any other USF Sports event.  somebody told me they were telling students last year they are like the kamrinkrazies (sp?) of USF.  now i thought they krazies are only at basketball games, and yet they only showed up to one game, started a "overrated" chant with 5 minutes to go.  beef studs get way too much publicity for doing absolutely nothing.  now you want to see some of the best usf fans out there, look to sbc, we support every usf sport, not just football.  not to mention they start the worst cheer ever, and at the worst possible times, and worry only about it for the rest of the game, the wave.  yes, when you see the wave being started at a game, it is the beef studs that start it.  meanwhile, the other teams offense could be facing 3rd and goal at the 3 yard line, and they would worry about starting the wave.

Dude, if you feel that way and do something about it. Overcome the elitist "I'm SBC so I'm better than the Beef Studs" attitude and teach the guys when to chant. All the Beef Studs were originally SBC members too, but the elitist attitude turns a lot of them off. I'm not there anymore and can't be there to help with chants. It's not you personally it's in general. You don't like the way they market? Offer alternatives. You show up to the games, but they spend 4 hours ahead of time preparing for the games they show up to, and that's after having gotten there even earlier to tailgate and promote spirit. If they could be doing something better, I BET THEY'D LOVE SUGGESTIONS. They just want to help USF spirit. Help them and you'd really be being a big Bulls fan.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

You folks need to grow up, this is not what the fan base of a program that is trying to build itself does to accomplish improvement of the common cause. If you want something changed, get off your ass and help, don’t just sit and *****, especially when you don’t even bring it up to the people you’re ******** about to give them an opportunity to explain and perhaps even improve themselves based on your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Mag Pie and JewTang are the only ones even here with any room to talk about this subject due to history of dedication.

The fact is, this group consists mostly of good kids just wanting to be crazy USF fans. This posting column’s negativity does not support USF spirit, and therefore does not belong on an alumni/fan website.

Perhaps you should keep your ugly face at home too, maybe we feel you poorly represent the physical attractiveness of a good USF fan. Mmmm, and your significant other, put a bag on her head; maybe some feel she should keep that **** covered.

Do you pick up on the sarcastic analogy I'm writing here to exemplify your statement?

woah....  settle down...

physical attractiveness has nothing to do with it.  i just personally, would rather not see an overweight person covered in paint, with no shirt on, and sweating...while im trying to watch a football game.  i wouldnt care if ever bulls fan was slightly overweight or maybe not the easiest to look at.  but when you take your shirt off in front of 35000 people it would be nice if it wasnt a repulsive site.

now i know you are proud of your group that you started and thats fine.  im a huge usf fan but never started up a fan group..however you arent exactly going to get anymore people on your side by slinging around insults at everyone who disagrees with your mission.

.  somebody told me they were telling students last year they are like the kamrinkrazies (sp?) of USF.  now i \.

fyi...its cameron crazies.  duke's arena is called cameron indoor stadium