• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WFTS, Community Fails the Bulls and their fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Go to the GAME!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

If I was not a USF alum, I'd want to see the ND game.  I'd complain too.  USF vs McNeese State...are you kidding me?!  I can except our Bulls play a tune up game vs a D1AA team ea. season but I wouldn't call this game a seafood smorgasbord w/crab legs and lobster tails.  Even if it is the opener.  I luv my Bulls but lets be realistic.  Does it really matter if it's on channel 28 (BTW Brad that's UHF too.), 32, 38 or 44?  At least we know those that aren't USF fans will get to watch the Bulls during the ND game commercials or on the PIP.  I agree w/T.  All home games should be blackout unless there is a 40K plus sellout.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

Phone numbers

Toll-free number: 877-833-2828

Main switchboard: 1-813-354-2828

http://www.wfts.com/aboutus/index.shtml

generalmanager@abcactionnews.com

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Please don't send pissed off emails or call with pissed off phone calls.

There is no point if you're going to not be at the game. For those out of area its on Gameplan and in Tampa they are getting a new channel for it.

In all reality, the game isn't sold out and we don't want to piss off a station like ABC 28, who was willing to show the Bulls game in primetime.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Please don't send pissed off emails or call with pissed off phone calls.

There is no point if you're going to not be at the game. For those out of area its on Gameplan and in Tampa they are getting a new channel for it.

In all reality, the game isn't sold out and we don't want to piss off a station like ABC 28, who was willing to show the Bulls game in primetime.

Send your emails instead to the Trib and ask why this was worthy of a front page article? Was there a front page article when the game being televised on 28 was announced?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Good idea. It really does make USF look bad that the Tribune makes it front page news, when they never even reallt let anyone KNOW that the ND game was being preempted.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

Sucks that this happened this way, but I figured it would, there are more "college football fans" than "Bull fans" in Tampa. Apparently WFTS got over 1000 complaints about the game which included one from ABC themselves.

You summed it up right there Joe.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997

No big deal as I see it. All I have to do is adjust my DVR, but its a real commentary on the support USF has for this game in the community. Notre Dame is huge everywhere and USF vs a no name (I apologize MvNeese fans) team is bound to get pre-empted. If its USF vs Miami I think the game is still on WFTS.

BTW: Your kidding about hitting the Trib for this one right? They are giving USF good exposure and calling another local media source out not doing it and now they are publishing a negative article.

(a 1000 complaints equal far more interested people and worthy of a prominent story, if not why do we bother "stampedeing" our 10 guys?) Geez. Perspective is a crazy thing.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

What we have here is an example of all the passionate local USF fans planning on being at the game, which really shouldn't shouldn't affect any in that category at all.  Obvkously, there will be a greater number of local ND/GT/ACC fans who can't/won't be at the game and still want to see it.

Having it televised on another local station is just as good in that it gives recruits and others who aren't able to go to the game or who are more casual fans a way to see the game.  I really don't see this story on the front page being such a negative thing.  It's more publicity for the game and reiterates that it will be televised.

Will having a game that is not sold out televised locally affect attendance?  No doubt about it.  But, on the other hand, it gives us exposure to area recruits and shows them that we're on TV a lot.  We also need to make sure that, regardless of the opponent, we show up for this game so the camera isn't showing a lot of empty seats.  If you have tickets and know you can't make the game, put the tickets in the hands of someone who will.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

BTW: Your kidding about hitting the Trib for this one right? They are giving USF good exposure and calling another local media source out not doing it and now they are publishing a negative article.

So in your mind, the Trib is calling another local media source out with that article ...... I guess it's all in your perception.