• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's official: a two-headed QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Well, it's officially a rebuilding season.  

Ponton, Chambers, and Josh Julmiste are real disappointments with their off-the-field problems.  Then throw in all the stuff about Leavitt having to get on upperclassmen for loafing during practice.   So redshirting Watson and Robinson (not saying it's not the right thing to do) hurt with no depth on either line.   It is a bad feeling to be going into a season with question marks all over the O and D lines.

But, with all that said, I still think a bowl is achievable.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

the three suspensions will be for two games. FIU & McNeese State.

Grothe will win the starting job....

The 3 suspended players will be rested & ready for U of Mickey mouse

we will be ok!........................

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Ponton, Chambers, and Josh Julmiste are real disappointments with their off-the-field problems.  Then throw in all the stuff about Leavitt having to get on upperclassmen for loafing during practice.   So redshirting Watson and Robinson (not saying it's not the right thing to do) hurt with no depth on either line.   It is a bad feeling to be going into a season with question marks all over the O and D lines.

Not any different from any other year.  The one HUGE characteristic we seem to miss in recruiting year after year is work ethic/discipline.  I won't even begin to list all of the underachievers that we've seen come and go.  I wish that would be one of the first things our staff would look at regarding recruits.  Physical talent will only carry through so far.  Without the mental toughness, the physical doesn't matter quite as much.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

You know what they say when you have a two QB system??  They say you have no QB.  Hopefully Grothe will win the job after McNeese and FIU.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

"They" were not in L'ville recently ...

8-)

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

"They" might have been in Tennessee though......... :)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

rebuilding with a 5 year senior at qb? most teams expect to win conference championships with such qbs

next year with grothe/voss at helm will be considered a rebuilding year

where is ced hill?

winning 6 games and going to a bowl isnt a great achievement

things got bad fast for usf

hopefully the other guys will step up and make a name for themselves

it is a great opportunity for the back up guys to shine

let us hope they make the most of it

2 headed qb systems typically dont work

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Who cares who is named starter. Ot will be determined by who plays better in those two first gmaes. The ones that does the best job will be the real starter.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ugh...I really really don't like that Thed isn't on the 2 deep. Doesn't mean he's done for the season, but...

On a positive note - I really don't mind the 2 QB system it really won't matter who the QB is until UCf and it allows both QBs to work with the 1st team.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I actually don't care if they go with the 2 headed qb for the first 2 games.  This will give whoever the chance to step it up before UCF.  Hopefully someone will grab the reins and run with it.  Call me nuts, but I actually think PJ is in for a good senior season.  Experience matters.  According to Leavitt he has improved quite a bit over last year.  Sometimes qbs take 3 years to grasp things.  Think about it, in the NFL do they ever throw rookies, no matter how great they were in college, into the fire their rookie year and expect them to shine (forget about Roethlisberger).  Fact is, it sometimes takes 2-3 years.  Unless Grothe is an absolute stud, you can expect a bunch of growing pains, ints, etc that comes with playing a freshman.  That said, if he is clearly better, go ahead and play him.  But apparently he isn't clearly better, he's even.  Never pass up W's.  If that means going with the senior qb to squeeze out an extra win or 2, then that's what you might have to do.  Would Grothe have walked into Penn State last year and performed like PJ or CD.  PJ is capable, he just has to put it together and the receivers has to hang on to the ball.