• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Julmiste, USF's starter, is back on the field

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Thought - TEAM GAME!

We all know PJ's record, and inconsistency, at his position.

Is every loss directly on the shoulders of any one position player? NO.

We've all seen times when a linebacker is standing in his face when he turns to throw. O-line needs to block better.

We've all seen receivers drop balls that were perfectly thrown. Yes, and some my daughter could have thrown better.

No, PJ is not going to win any games single handedly, he just needs more help than some other qb's.

I'll take my chances if 21 other guys on the team do their jobs.

GO BULLS!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I've been sickened by our QB play the last few years, it is absolutely atrocious. PJ has given us nothing for 3 years, cut the cord already. How long are we going to waste time on this guy? Look at his stats. Stats don't lie.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

I will second that AMEN!!!

I know we all want the best for this team and if PJ is the best then sobe it. At that time, my concern rests solely on recruiting and how there is something very wrong wth the recruiting process. How many years can we blame everyone else on the team for PJ's inability at QB to be consistent. This offense is potentially designed for max opportunity - thus sending all capable bodies into the pattern. As a result of running a gimmick based offense and not a pro-style offense, PJ has to be elusive and improvise for it to work and in 2 years he has not proven capable. Look at the stats for the games USF has won, PJ amost always has less then 150 yards. This stat only means something if you buy into the fact that PJ can win games with his arm. IMHO...USF will only win if PJ acts Dilfer esque (prior poster mentioned) - winning with an above average running game and a stout defense that mixes in an occasional pass to keep the D honest.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

At that time, my concern rests solely on recruiting and how there is something very wrong wth the recruiting process. How many years can we blame everyone else on the team for PJ's inability at QB to be consistent.

THE LAST THREE POSTS HIT NAIL ON HEAD

I WISH PJ WAS AS GOOD AS DILFER

DILFER WAS A STUD IN COLLEGE

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Wow.  Green and gold goggles, I applaud you.  I would be happy if PJ just doesn't LOSE games for us.  It needs to be like the Ravens that won the Super Bowl with Dilfer.  Dilfer completed 12 of 25 passes for 153 yards and 1 touchdown.  He wasn't good, but he didn't lose games for them.  

Name me a game that PJ single handidly lost for us.

NC State - A.Hall had around 100 yards, Defense played as well as could be expected, PJ didn't do squat!

Uconn - Blame Voodoo 5 all you want, PJ did nothing and it cost us the game.  Halfway decent QB play  would have won it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Wow.  Green and gold goggles, I applaud you.  I would be happy if PJ just doesn't LOSE games for us.  It needs to be like the Ravens that won the Super Bowl with Dilfer.  Dilfer completed 12 of 25 passes for 153 yards and 1 touchdown.  He wasn't good, but he didn't lose games for them.  

Name me a game that PJ single handidly lost for us.

NC State - A.Hall had around 100 yards, Defense played as well as could be expected, PJ didn't do squat!

Uconn - Blame Voodoo 5 all you want, PJ did nothing and it cost us the game.  Halfway decent QB play  would have won it.

this will shut up pro pj group for  a day

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, but remember the TCU game a couple years ago, when he was on absolute fire.  Hopefully, with the level of competition this year, we will see more of that and less of the USM like performances.

I was there too. TCU had one of the worst defenses I've ever seen that season. The week before USF beat them, Texas Tech hit them up for 70 points in a little over two quarters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=242622641

Zero credit to PJ for that performance. The Frogs couldn't cover anyone or tackle anyone.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

In regards to this game ... look at all the drops in the 4th by WR's & RB's ... we were in position before VooDoo if it wasn't for the drops. 2 of the INT's were off of tipped passes from WR's.

Giving up a 60 yard run by a RB and the 90 yard KickOff return lost it for us Directly.

These two plays cost us IMO