• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Julmiste, USF's starter, is back on the field

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Hpw about one game that he single handedly won.  The defense has won more than he has ::)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Who was that politician that said, "I knew Carson Palmer. Mr. Julimeste, you are no Carson Palmer".

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I don't think PJ will be 2000, 500. But I do think he can manage the games better than MG can this season. This isnt NCAA 07', unlike some people think (the spazz), expereince matters.

If all things are equal, which it looks like they are, PJ should/will get the nod based on expereince.

wrong pisso

talent wins out over experience.now mg might not have the talent to unseat pj.

pj has experience being #98 rated qb in country.

zonald tell him about pj's experience the last 3 years

Wow.  Green and gold goggles, I applaud you.  I would be happy if PJ just doesn't LOSE games for us.  It needs to be like the Ravens that won the Super Bowl with Dilfer.  Dilfer completed 12 of 25 passes for 153 yards and 1 touchdown.  He wasn't good, but he didn't lose games for them.  

Name me a game that PJ single handidly lost for us.

when you are ranked #98 you arent winning games for your team

when you are one of the worst qbs in country you are not an asset for your teaM

you are defending pj ability as a qb?

is this a gag?

usf is limited as to what they can do on offense  because of pj's limitations.he is a handicap.

he was beat out  FOR QB position last year by 3rd team DB

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

October 2, 2004 - Raymond James Stadium  

Southern Miss 27, South Florida 20

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Dustin Almond threw for 200 yards and two touchdowns, helping Southern Mississippi remain unbeaten with a 27-20 win over South Florida on Saturday night.

Anthony Harris ran for 59 yards and one touchdown for the Golden Eagles (3-0, 2-0 Conference USA), who won their 11th straight league game dating back to last season. South Florida lost for just the third time in its last 27 home games.

Andre Hall had 56 yards and a touchdown for South Florida (2-2, 1-1), which fell behind 20-3 early in the third quarter before attempting to rally.

Pat Julmiste threw a 9-yard scoring pass to S.J. Green with 1:38 left, but that was one of the few bright spots for South Florida's quarterback -- who was intercepted four times in the game and finished 14-of-35 for 150 yards.

Southern Mississippi controlled the clock, keeping the ball for more than 36 minutes. The Golden Eagles outgained South Florida 312-205.

Darren McCaleb had a pair of field goals for the winners, who scored 17 unanswered points over the middle two quarters to take control.

McCaleb's 41-yard field goal early in the second quarter put his team up 6-3, and Otho Graves caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Almond with 7:25 left before halftime for a 13-3 lead.

Almond's second scoring pass, a 45-yard strike to Marvin Young two minutes into the third quarter, put Southern Mississippi up 20-3. South Florida drew within 20-10 on Hall's 1-yard run late in the third quarter, but Harris' 11-yard run with 5:41 left -- set up by one of the four interceptions -- restored the Golden Eagles' two-touchdown cushion.

I'm not trying to pile on PJ and I do realize this was two seasons ago, but this game sticks out in my mind.  If I remember correctly a couple of those interceptions were in the red zone.  With any kind of decent QB play in that game we would have won.  

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Who was that politician that said, "I knew Carson Palmer. Mr. Julimeste, you are no Carson Palmer".

Texas politician Lloyd Benson said that to Dan Quayle in the VP debates when Quayle made some reference to JFK.

Regarding this thread....and I said this about Ronnie Banks....thank goodness PJ is a senior this year. Didn't I see this show for 3 years with Ronnie Banks? Oh he will be better this year...more experienced.

I like the reference earlier regarding Trent Dilfer. That's what PJ and Banks reminded me of. Every year someone is trying to force feed me why he'll be good this year but nothing on the field gives me that feeling.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Yes, but remember the TCU game a couple years ago, when he was on absolute fire.  Hopefully, with the level of competition this year, we will see more of that and less of the USM like performances.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Ouch, I was at that Southern Miss game.  That was brutal.  As bad as USF played we still had a chance at the end of the game.  

October 2, 2004 - Raymond James Stadium  

Southern Miss 27, South Florida 20

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Dustin Almond threw for 200 yards and two touchdowns, helping Southern Mississippi remain unbeaten with a 27-20 win over South Florida on Saturday night.

Anthony Harris ran for 59 yards and one touchdown for the Golden Eagles (3-0, 2-0 Conference USA), who won their 11th straight league game dating back to last season. South Florida lost for just the third time in its last 27 home games.

Andre Hall had 56 yards and a touchdown for South Florida (2-2, 1-1), which fell behind 20-3 early in the third quarter before attempting to rally.

Pat Julmiste threw a 9-yard scoring pass to S.J. Green with 1:38 left, but that was one of the few bright spots for South Florida's quarterback -- who was intercepted four times in the game and finished 14-of-35 for 150 yards.

Southern Mississippi controlled the clock, keeping the ball for more than 36 minutes. The Golden Eagles outgained South Florida 312-205.

Darren McCaleb had a pair of field goals for the winners, who scored 17 unanswered points over the middle two quarters to take control.

McCaleb's 41-yard field goal early in the second quarter put his team up 6-3, and Otho Graves caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Almond with 7:25 left before halftime for a 13-3 lead.

Almond's second scoring pass, a 45-yard strike to Marvin Young two minutes into the third quarter, put Southern Mississippi up 20-3. South Florida drew within 20-10 on Hall's 1-yard run late in the third quarter, but Harris' 11-yard run with 5:41 left -- set up by one of the four interceptions -- restored the Golden Eagles' two-touchdown cushion.

I'm not trying to pile on PJ and I do realize this was two seasons ago, but this game sticks out in my mind.  If I remember correctly a couple of those interceptions were in the red zone.  With any kind of decent QB play in that game we would have won.  

THERE ARE MANY MANY MORE EXAMPLES

HAVE NO FEAR,PJ WILL CREATE  NEW EXAMPLES THIS YEAR

IT ISNT PILING ON.IT IS STATING FACTS

#98 RANKING TELLS THE STORY