• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Pulls Ahead In USF QB Race

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Who know's who's ahead at this point?  I tell you what, I'll never believe a headline that tbo.com publishes about the Bulls.  Not after that last Amarri Jackson article.  I really think this McMurphy guy is a UCF fan or something.  He is trying to stir up the pot for some reason.  His freakin' job is to report the news, not create it.  I think he owes a public apology and a written retraction to Jackson and his family.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

tb-the simple answer is this

bulls fans that have watched pj know he doesnt have it and isnt getting it.usf has gone 5 years without competent qb play.fans are frustrated and have wanted a change for years.

it is incomprehesible that pj is still usf's qb and leavitt/smith think he can get the job done

The frustrating part, for the coaches I'm sure, is that PJ has shown he CAN get it done. Check out the PSU game again. THAT PJ shows up consistently the rast of last year (and if the wr's catch the **** ball), we have a couple more wins. It's a broken record but PJ's problem is his consistency. He should be named the starter but give playing time to MG and, possibly, GG in the first two games and keep PJ on a short leash the rest of the year.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Who know's who's ahead at this point?  I tell you what, I'll never believe a headline that tbo.com publishes about the Bulls.  Not after that last Amarri Jackson article.  I really think this McMurphy guy is a UCF fan or something.  He is trying to stir up the pot for some reason.  His freakin' job is to report the news, not create it.  I think he owes a public apology and a written retraction to Jackson and his family.  

Whhhaaaa, not him.  :-X;)

Note the scarasm twilly, not intended to rip you.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

bulls fans that have watched pj know he doesnt have it and isnt getting it.usf has gone 5 years without competent qb play.fans are frustrated and have wanted a change for years.

it is incomprehesible that pj is still usf's qb and leavitt/smith think he can get the job done

The frustrating part, for the coaches I'm sure, is that PJ has shown he CAN get it done. Check out the PSU game again. THAT PJ shows up consistently the rast of last year (and if the wr's catch the **** ball), we have a couple more wins. It's a broken record but PJ's problem is his consistency. He should be named the starter but give playing time to MG and, possibly, GG in the first two games and keep PJ on a short leash the rest of the year.

You nailed it Triple.  Consistency is the difference between being a quality QB or not.  Given enough opportunities PJ is going to show you flashes of brilliance, but at the end of the day he is a below average QB because he cannot consistently make the plays.  

I'll use a golf analogy.  Every once in awhile you can hit a tee shot 300 yards straight down the fairway.  So do you belong on the PGA tour?  Of course not, but if you could do that CONSISTENTLY...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

You nailed it Triple.  Consistency is the difference between being a quality QB or not.  Given enough opportunities PJ is going to show you flashes of brilliance, but at the end of the day he is a below average QB because he cannot consistently make the plays.  

I'll use a golf analogy.  Every once in awhile you can hit a tee shot 300 yards straight down the fairway.  So do you belong on the PGA tour?  Of course not, but if you could do that CONSISTENTLY...

the problem for usf football is we saw this inconsistency 2 years ago and it hasnt gotten better

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

the problem for usf football is we saw this inconsistency 2 years ago and it hasnt gotten better

You never know. It may all click this year for PJ as far as consistency goes but if it doesn't, early on, you go with Grothe and hope he does a better job.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I, much like MikeG, am enjoying the journey.  The ups & the downs.  I feel bad for all you instant gradification folks because you really miss the fun.  Been to the first USF Bowl Game ?  I have and have fond memories that will last a life time.  Did the Bulls win - no- but I was so very proud to be in the stands and cheering them on until almost every last player left the field.  Will Grothe win the QB Slot ? Will julmiste start ?  Will QB be better this year ?  All part of the fun and excitement of wondering and hoping what is instore for USF football this year.  I think Pat will start and be  better then last year and Amp Hill will be first team BE WR.  Just my crystal ball..