• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dan Dillhole's view on USF vs UM on 620

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

UF does NOT need to play Miami financially they can pack their stadium playing a 1AA team. Theyll try to get as many home games as possible because that means BIG BUCKS.

You will never see a UF-UM series, a game here and there but no series.

Sileo is blowing smoke because he knows that right now UM has not much to gain from playing USF yearly and a lot to lose. Think of the head turning in recruiting in this state if USF beats Miami.

the other reason I see the Gators not really pumped about the series is simple-- their schedule is far too strong as it is. Why play BOTH FSU and UM every year? No other school has to do that (well except FSU but they have a weak ACC schedule compared to the SEC slate the Gators face).  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I stunned that they managed to get Bucs games on their station.

$$$$$ .... Clear Channel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Deep down, Dan knows USF could beat UM.  That is why he does not want this series.  Let's see...USF beat a top ten Loiusville by 30+ points.  This same UL team will probably beat UM this year.  And USF will "never" beat UM.  Yeah right.  I am not saying it will happen every year or even often, but USF will beat UM at least occasionally, if not more, if they play an annual series.   Anyone can see that.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Hmmm... Miami, we get a national audience, a team that's a consistent top 15, we would probably sell out RayJay... what about UCF?

Well, we get to put up with drunk a-holes from Orlando  ;D

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Never schedule an annual series with a NON BCS member school.  Quick, besides Colo. and Colo State, name one annual series played every single year between a BCS and non BCS school.  IT DON'T HAPPEN FOLKS.  Why would we want to be the first.  BUILD RIVALRIES WITH BCS SCHOOLS.  Build one OOC rivalry with UM or another BCS school, and on in conf rivalry with UL or another conference team.  We don't need more than 2 "rivalries"

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

What does USF get from playing UCF again?

A hell of a lot more than Miami gets from playing USF, that's for sure!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

What does USF get from playing UCF again?

A hell of a lot more than Miami gets from playing USF, that's for sure!

what the hell are you smoking.

USF vs UCF = if UCF wins great for them but if we win nothing USF should kick the **** out of UCF

USF vs UM = you can just call it the game for the Miami Dade recruits because we both recruit heavy in that area

USF gains nothing from playing UCF

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Deep down, Dan knows USF could beat UM.  That is why he does not want this series.  Let's see...USF beat a top ten Loiusville by 30+ points.  This same UL team will probably beat UM this year.  And USF will "never" beat UM.  Yeah right.  I am not saying it will happen every year or even often, but USF will beat UM at least occasionally, if not more, if they play an annual series.   Anyone can see that.

OK-- here's the thing. I am very prouod of that game just as much as the next USF fan. HOWEVER-- let's not get ahead of ourselves and assume that we are that overwhelming of a squad. IF we were, we would have run the table from that point forward.

I just advise that we NOT USE that UL game as any kind of benchmark or relate it to how we can beat others. Sure-- it's possible. But the stars aligned in every direction for the Bulls that night. Hell-- we were 20 point underdogs AT HOME. We beat the spread by 50+ points-- that should be the first sign that this maybe-- just maybe was a bit of an anomoly.

And having said that-- I think we were capable of beating UM last year. We shot ourselves in the foot that first half and lost some really good opportunities. Had the game been closer-- who knows-- maybe Miami plays with a little more sense of urgency (although I kind of doubt that since they seemed to be trying to run up the score at the end-- perhaps a booster had a large wager on the game and was losing to the spread).

We will beat Miami someday. On the flipside-- it is entirely possible that we will lose to UCF also. As for the USF-UCF annual series, my guess is that takes care of itself at some point through conference affiliation. But while we are on somewhat unequal footing, we do not need to prop them up in any manner regardless of the attaction of the game. A moot point to be sure now that we are locked into at least three more games. By the time it matters, who knows-- the decision may once again be made FOR us.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

On the radio note, for those who want to avoid Duemig, Scot Brantley is back on the air on 1470 afternoon drive time.  He's been talking USF football and has had CJL on the phone a few times, once while Coach was in his car on the way to the Devil Rays game.

Off topic, but speaking of Devil Rays, I saw Rocky on TV at the Rays game tonight.