• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rocky has his official Bulls license plate.Do you?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't the extra $25 per plate for all FLA Universities go into their general scholarship fund?

Never heard of the $$$ going directly to an Alumni Association before.

Is USF different?

KL

Go conspire on how to turn us into the NCAA.

Seriously if you read the link you are right and it states it goes to scholarships.  I imagine this is more of an ALumni drive to remind members to get their plates, sort of a way to continually find small ways to help the University.  Always looking for little ways like this that don't take dollars to help out.

Apologize...I didn't see, let alone read the link the first go around.

That's why I asked my question.

Surprised you didn't correct the mis-statements of the poster who said it went to the USF Alumni Association?

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

KL

PS. I think its great that the USF Alumni Association is pushing for more plate sales. They are obviously embarrassed that anoter state school that is not as old as USF and has tens of thousands of LESS Alumni...has about 1/3 more license plate sales than USF. ::) (Just kidding!)

2005 Total License Plate Sales:

USF:  8,817

UCF: 11,817

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/tagsales2005.pdf

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Why start KN?

First: General scholarship fund: Wouldn't it be better to give money directly to the University or Athletics? Secondly: What does the Alumni Association do with its funds? Homecoming?

Keep in mind this is coming from a guy that was (ever so briefly)  on the Pinellas Board and USF Alumni Involvement and Services Committee. I cannot remember where the money goes.

Doesn't the extra $25 per plate for all FLA Universities go into their general scholarship fund?

Is USF different?

KL

Seriously if you read the link you are right and it states it goes to scholarships.  I imagine this is more of an ALumni drive to remind members to get their plates, sort of a way to continually find small ways to help the University.  Always looking for little ways like this that don't take dollars to help out.

(B)  A collegiate plate annual use fee is to be distributed to the state or independent university foundation designated by the purchaser for deposit in an unrestricted account. The Board of Regents shall require each state university to submit a plan for approval of the expenditure of all funds so designated. These funds may be used only for academic enhancement, including scholarships and private fundraising activities.

320.08058 (3)(B), Florida Statutes

(Empbhasis added)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

We have one on our car!  Mutt even had to buy the new iconic U one early and paid the extra fee because he couldn't wait for our renewal that year.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Best I could do is the U on my back windshield. You basically can't get a personalized plate in Texas because they're registered to the car, not to the driver.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Can't ask for much more for out of state BULLS !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Is USF different?

KL

Apologize...I didn't see, let alone read the link the first go around.

That's why I asked my question.

Surprised you didn't correct the mis-statements of the poster who said it went to the USF Alumni Association?

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

KL

PS. I think its great that the USF Alumni Association is pushing for more plate sales. They are obviously embarrassed that anoter state school that is not as old as USF and has tens of thousands of LESS Alumni...has about 1/3 more license plate sales than USF. ::) (Just kidding!)

2005 Total License Plate Sales:

USF:  8,817

UCF: 11,817

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/specialtytags/tagsales2005.pdf

Go back to your own board, Billy Bob. This is a USF board, we really don't give a **** about the ftu/ou/oc spin to every topic. Honest, we just don't care.

G O  B A C K  T O  T H E    T R A I L E R, Bubba.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

when i actually own a vehicle, ill make sure i get one :)

its sad, im 19 with no car...those things are big $$$$$$....

mine will say fishin or fishn or something

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Also, you need to remember that the $25 dollar extra portion you pay is tax deductable.