• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum passes on Washington????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Could very well be true, but what I wonder about is this: if Darius Washington thinks enough of himself to put his name in for the NBA Draft, hard for me to believe he'd be patient enough to push that back at least two more years, one to sit out and at least one to play in the Big East. Just seems like it's going from one extreme to another. Not to say he couldn't have explored the option.

Wow, The Tribune uncovered that some 'associate' and what 'association' we do not know, if it was an 'agent' then it would have been moot, but maybe it was a 'peep' from Darrius' old neighborhood, made a call to USF saying, IF Darrius decides to transfer and opt out of the NBA, and IF John Calipari would grant Darrius a release, and IF Darrius would be willing to sit out a FULL YEAR, and IF Darrius could get his grades UP, would you be willing to take him.  Why in the world would a coach, and coaches field calls like this all the time, consider this option when Darrius didn't even call himself, but had an 'associate' make the call, not to mention all the "IF's" associated with this option (that's the real association we should be considering here).

Some real riveting information uncovered by the Tribune there, does that come with a side of fact or do we have to pay extra for it?  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Even if it was a very long shot why not take the chance?

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Wasnt that the kid that missed the free throws at the CUSA Championship game two yrs ago?   If it was, he would fit right in here

Even if it was a very long shot why not take the chance?

The point is "THERE WASN'T A SHOT."  At least if you're going to trust the 'reporting' of the Tribune blog.

Call me when Darrius called himself and pleaded with CRM to consider accepting him as a transfer.  If someone is telling me that an 'associate' called, with a maybe option then I don't even consider that a shot.  Why give credence to something so outlandish it hardly makes sense, and even if it happened remotely the same way the blog is reporting then why would CRM consider it anything more than a joke or farce?

There are many more reasons for you to dislike CRM then him not taking off on an alleged wild goose chase.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

6 players for 5 games going into Italy.  Sounds like status quo in Mactown.   ::)  

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Jewbull, you must not have seen my post earlier in this thread.  How can we field a team of only 6 players?  

LIke in Hoosiers, we'll end up playing with 4 on the court.  

Ref-  "Coach we need another player on the court"

Coach Normal Dale-  "Thats my team"

6 players for 5 games going into Italy.  Sounds like status quo in Mactown.   ::)  

See I told you all there are plenty other things to rip on Mac for instead of an alleged 'associate' that inquired about.... ::)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Perfect wrap-up to a discussion based primarily on unsourced rumor...Mac-bashers got their shots in and Mac-neutrals and Mac-defenders countered.  With that said, let's return to football.

;D

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

CRM made a conservative & classy move.  If Washington wasn't released from his schollie, it could have been construed of trying to recruit a player from another school if he would have said yes.  The kid is talented and he did go through alot of mental anguish for missing those shots.  See ESPN Mag story last yr.  If he did do the throat slash, I'd chuck it up to youthful exuberance.  He was like a 90% FT shooter.  But if he has a history of that crap then forget it.  Mac may have had a heads up about the kid.  Its all message board speculation.  The story is just another reason to add to the post count.  Ya know I can't believe I'm posting to basketball threat and the Footbulls are practing.  :o

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Wasnt that the kid that missed the free throws at the CUSA Championship game two yrs ago?   If it was, he would fit right in here

Yeah, Memphis was down by two on their home floor to Louisville. The Cards incredibly fouled Washington at the buzzer while he was shooting a three. He made the first but then missed the last two and Louisville won by a point. They cost the Tigers an NCAA bid because they weren't qualified to get in as an at-large.