• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UCF by law?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I say that if he puts in a bill then a Tampa Rep should add that UF play USF yearly home-away on the same bill. You know that wont fly. LOL

Why not even take that a step further and have USF, FSU, UF, Miami and UCF play each other every for the Governor's Cup, or whatever it was called when Miami, UF, FSU all played one another a couple of years back?

With the 12th game in place now it could work, but I wouldn't see UF and FSU too keen about it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

did UCF forget they were 0-17 after we beat them???  oh yeah sure, lets play em every year  :o

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Brad, you might want to update that page with recent games.  usf softball lost this year to the knights i believe, and are 8-1 all time against them.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Better yet Bianchi... How do you get a UCF sportswriter to shut his mouth? Answer, you can't. He's always yapping about hopes and dreams, but fails to see reality. USF doesn't deliver the pizzas, those are UCF alums. The USF alums own the pizzeria!    The Reaper

This is the attitude I was talking about to another fan about you guys. UCF alums deliver pizzas? Hardly, thats just silly, but anyway. I just wanted to tell you guys that as a UCF fan I concede that until we beat you, you have the better team. I would disagree with all this talk of Dominance for ten years! First, college football is a volatile sport with alot of turnover each year. You have to win year in and year out to establish dominance. For you to claim that crown you have to actually play a program. UCF beat top-5 Alabama a while back and I beleive the two teams never scheduled another OOC game. Could we say we dominanted them? No. By the way, most UCFers hate Mike Bianchi. Anyhow, you guys have a great defense and in my opinion it will be a better game than last year. I wish some of you didnt have such a disrespectful and pompous attitude on here, because then we could perhaps talk some good florida football, I am a buc fan, that counts for something.  Its a shame. Anyhow, good luck next year and see you in game 3

Before the deluge starts, Alabama was NOT a top 5 team that year.  Far from it, they finished 3 - 8 or something like that.

But it was a huge win since they were the SEC champs the year before.

Correct...Bama was the defending SEC Champs...plus they were ranked #3 in the Nation at the start of the season.

Problems for Bama were mostly OFF the field...which lead to poor execution ON the field.

No one predicted correctly how Bama's season would end that year. (Well, maybe everyone except the Coach's secretary!)

KL

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

UCF beat top-5 Alabama a while back and I beleive the two teams never scheduled another OOC game.

;D  you lost all credibility there... you mean the team that was on probation.....hahaha

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Except Texas, Miami, USC, and Florida think playing this program is good publicity.

::).... we have already played USC.  We will be playing UF twice.  UM.... well, you know the story.

Texas..... lets not forget who they contacted first and who they had to settle with.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

This just in...

os-logo-2005-small.gif

8743.jpg  Mike Bianchi

Krispy Kreme Calls for UCF-USF Matchup

Published August 5, 2006

Running off at the typewriter. . . .

Pressure continues to mount city-wide for a UCF-USF annual football contest.  Only recently Lee Constantine, R-Altamonte Springs, once again threatened legislative action to ignite a Knights-Bulls annual contest and rivalry.  All this started again about a week ago Knights head coach George O'Leary called out the Bulls at the annual Florida Sportswriters Media event.

USF has responded diplomatically to such outbursts, while staying clearly focused on securing games with teams like the Miami Hurricanes - a team with no indoor practice field.  UCF, however, has other plans as announced today.

O'Leary has clearly reached back for the heavy ammo and added international doughnut manufacturer Krispy Kreme to the charge.  "They were there for us when we were on our 0-for a couple seasons run" says O'Leary.  "Thank goodness they will be with us now."

"It was comfort food; those doughnuts as we continued to lose.  We've stuck with Krispy Kreme ever since, and it appears they will stick with us."  O'Leary went on to state that he is actually the CEO of Krispy Kreme and successfully convinced the board to support his current endeavor.  "They were with me even before my time at UCF.  I worked at Krispy Kreme the entire time I worked on my Masters Degre at NYU-Stony Brook."  They followed me to Notre Dame and were co-sponsors of our National Championship team.

O'Leary claims together with Constantine and Bianchi, he can bring enough to the table to force a game with USF.  "After all, after I was able to letter for three years at New Hampshire, while only attending two years there; I feel invincible."

Other corporate sponsors, companies in which O'Leary lists as former CEO gigs on his resume are expected to join in the fight including Dolly Madison, Hostess, Inc., M&M Mars and Betty Crocker.

Look out chickiepoos, we're coming after you (as soon as I get my dental work done).

Mike Bianchi can be reached at mbianchi@orlandosentinel.com.

Story Link

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Brad, you might want to update that page with recent games.  usf softball lost this year to the knights i believe, and are 8-1 all time against them.  

Really ... who cares?

A board member did all the hard work on that...the research.  I just posted it.  I'd be happy to update if someone provided the stats.  I have other things to do than record the ass-whippings laid on the tinmen.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I'd love to kick their asses every year.  I like Bloomtown's reference to the neighbor who doesn't have any friends.  Classic.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Where is everyones sense of humor ?  Cleary you can not use the pizza delivery joke with a UCF grad, everyone knows that they don't deliver pizzas because they cann't afford cars and it takes way to long on their bikes.  Just remember guys we got no press in Orlando and any press is good.  Trust me I live on the east coast and if you want any info on USF sports you wont find it in the Orlando Sentinal so enjoy the coverage and a sense of humor will make it even better.