• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Season Tix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

USF has given Fans 2 EXCELLENT encentives to buy Season Tix this year ... but it doesn't seem like the Alum or Football fans in this area are ready.

:P

If you know of an alum that is a fan or even worse a season ticket holder for another state university... treat him teh way he is treating his university.

Go BULLS !!!

There are few bigger USF fans than me, and I am not ready to make that commitment again and I doubt that I will be ready anytime in the near future. Perhaps never. Part of it is still hard feelings for the dagger they tried to stick me with in 2001, but the main reason is that the donor levels increased too high too quickly with even less "benefits."

Note: I believe the non-donor level seats are not worth having. I would rather sit in the upper level.

Why am I'm going to give $3,500 for the same section tickets (worse seats by the way) that my buddy is giving $1,000 a year? We were both there at the big sombrero selecting seats, I had to give up my seats (hardship enough) and now I am hammered with an extra $2,500/year. I understand it, but im not going to pay it. I love the Bulls and I love going to the games but they are not worth $235 a game to watch especially FIU, McNeese State and a watered down Big East home schedule.

The value is not there and, even for me a rabid Bulls fan, it comes down to dollars and cents. Its a business, they made it that way, so I am playing by thier rules. Before the charity and tax deductable arguments start I would like to say that a $25M a year business is not a worthy charity.

Homeless Katrina victims, charity. Cancer research, charity. Habitat for Humanity, charity.

I personaly do not understand why mandatory athletics ticket donations are a write off in the first place, but even so I cannot use $3500 in write offs. Hell we could probably balance the budget if corporate write offs for tickets/luxuary boxes for college and professional sporting events were non-deductable.

Anyway I digress why should I buy season tickets and how would you have people "treat me" if I do not?  ;)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Since when are the donations mandatory? You have a CHOICE to make one or not. Obvioulsy you choose not to make one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I understand what you are saying ... but why not get season tix? ... as mentioned, without a donation or at a lower level.

Each year you are falling further down the ladder.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

Who says you have to spend $3200?  Just about all the seats have good views.  The possible exceptions are the seats near the corners, if you are near the isle, people walking up and down the steps can block your view (inconsiderate yahoos!).  I've sat near the 50 yard line high up and prefer my $250 donation seats farther down.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I have upgraded my donation level but kept my tickets in section 239 the $100 donation slot because the seats are good and i like the people around me. I know those seating in front of me have also increased donation level and kept their seats.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

This always an interesting, and at times touchy, subject.

The deal is - and always has been - that if you were in on the ground floor,

you carry those benefits with you. However, if you - for whatever reason, be

it personal, professional, hardship, or whatever - do not carry forward with

that level of donation and ticket purchase going forward, you automatically

lose 'your spot in line'. And as such, you have to go to the back of the line.

The organization can not make personal exceptions for one person, as they

would then have to make it for everyone with a perfectly legitimate reason

as to why they had to step aside.

I have some compadres who did not even go to USF, but purchase season

tickets. They consider their donation to USFAA/Bulls Club to be a form of

extortion. "It's not enough that we're buying tickets, but we're also on the

hook for the privilge of keeping these seats"

You can look at it however you want. I don't mind writing my check, as it

is not a financial hardship, and as such retain my season tickets in the location

I currently have. If I chose not to retain those seats - or I ceased my current

donation - it would cost me $1000.00 donation to get back in the groove. I

am fully aware of that, and as such, keep writing my normal check and sitting in

my seats. I'm not gloating...I'm just saying that the University is rewarding me,

and those like me, who have been there since day-1 with this type of benefit.

As for raising the levels too quickly...I think it's just a matter of time before we see

the demise of the $100 & $250 per year levels. The minimum, going forward,

could well be $500.

Again, a lot of this is subjective in nature. I don't look at the Bulls Club donation

as extortion...I also send a check to COBA each fall, although I am a lifetime

member of the Alumni Association.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I think that unfourtunately is part of the present day environment. Go around the nation and i doubt youll find many if any other than the lower programs that dont have donations associated for seats. So while i know is difficult for some, if you want to compete with the big teams you must do same money wise. I hope we keep the 100 and 250 levels because those are needed for those that cant afford higher ones.

I am opposite you Cuban ... this is my first year with these tix ... mine are lower row and familiar with the view ... and behind the visiting teams  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

This always an interesting, and at times touchy, subject.

As for raising the levels too quickly...I think it's just a matter of time before we see

the demise of the $100 & $250 per year levels. The minimum, going forward,

could well be $500.

And then we can hear people complain about this when the OCS is started.

I was there on Day 1 ... had 8 tix for the $1K through my company I worked for ... they stopped and I DID NOT CARRY IT OVER  :P ... but as things turned out, would not have been able to keep them anyway.

Last year did not get season tix because of MANY things ...

Now, only being able to attend 2-3 MAX games a year, got my tix(2) at the Bullseye Donor Level. I will hold on to these until I can give more or when we get the OCS - then will upgrade.

I will NOT fall further down again.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Who says you have to spend $3200?  Just about all the seats have good views.  The possible exceptions are the seats near the corners, if you are near the isle, people walking up and down the steps can block your view (inconsiderate yahoos!).  I've sat near the 50 yard line high up and prefer my $250 donation seats farther down.  

Yeah, I know that if I am coming back from the can, I stop where I will not block anyone's view until there is a break in the action.  I am not sure why this is so hard for some others.