• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to schedule OCC games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

McNeese, Samford and Wofford are all excellent choices when you are planning to retire from USF.  JS is Job1.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowden's ideal non-conference schedule?

"Easy," he said. "Because of the strength of the conference, there's no reason to beat yourself up. You can schedule yourself out of a national championship. I want my other three games to be where I can play some young guys, mess up and still win."

Fans can only hope Bowden's attitude does not prevail.

http://www.dailypress.com/dp-83486cm0jul26,0,6361995.column?track=mostemailedlink

Well, we all know Bowden is a pansy, as the Clown College of Greater Tallahassee has been to scared to even talk to us about playing games.  But they're smart not to.  They know a loss to us would bring instant legitimization to USF and a heckuva black eye to them.  Look at the Louisville win over FSU back in 02?  That game did more for UL recruiting than the 5 previous seasons.    

Unfortunately this is the attitude that will prevail as long as there is no playoff system.  With 12 games seasons and a single loss usually nocking a team out of the national title hunt, who would schedule tough teams for non-conference games?

TOMMY Bowden, you dolt. TOMMY Bowden.  Clemson's coach.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

McNeese, Samford and Wofford are all excellent choices when you are planning to retire from USF.  JS is Job1.

these teams are an embarassment for usf

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I missed that too, I was responding to Twilly when reading it. Clemson doesn't have the hardest schedule in the future they play South Carolina every year and have Series with UGA, Mississippi, and Pitt over the next few seasons.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Cuban 1-2

Cuse v. Florida 98

Pitt v. Utah 04

WVU v. UGA 05

I think Cuban was referring to the Big East after Miami, VT, and BC left.

1-2 is still much better than 1-7.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Lets look at

Texas Tech: SMU,@UTEP,@TCU,SE Lou.

Texas AM: Citadel,Lou Laf,Army,Latech (none away)

OK State: Missouri St,@Ark St,FAU,@Houston

Baylor: TCU,NW State,@Wash St,Army

Nebraska: Lou Tech,Nicholls St, @USC,Troy

Missouri: Murray St,Ole Miss,@N.Mex,Ohio

Iowa St: Toledo,UNLV,@Iowa,No. Iowa

Kan State: Ill St,FAU,Marshall,Louiville (All home)

Kansas: NW State, Lou Monroe,@Toledo,USF

Auburn: Wash St,Buffalo,Tulane,Ark St (ALL home)

Alabama: Hawaii,Lou Monroe,Duke,FIU (All home)

Ole Miss: Memphis,@ Missou,Wake For,NW State

South Carolina: WOFFORD,FAU,Middle Ten, @ Clemson

Kentucky: Texas State,@ Louisville,Cent. Mich,Lou Monroe

Penn State: Akron, @ ND,Youngs. State, Temple

Mich State: Idaho,E. Michigan,@Pitt,ND

Wisconsin: Bowl. Gr,West Illi,SDST,Buffalo

Minnesota: @ Kent St,@ Cal,Temple,ND St

Northwestern: @ Mia OH,New Hamp,E. Mich,@ Nevada

Illinois: East Ill,@ Rutgers,Syracuse,Ohio

Indiana: W. Michigan,@ Ball State,South Ill, Conn

West Virginia: Marshall,E.Wash,Maryland @ Miss St

Rutgers: @ NC,Illinois,Ohio,Howard

UConn: RI, Wake For, @ Indiana,Navy

Those are just some of the out of conference of BCS teams. The facts are that we may not like it but as our program gets more air time in news is important to NOT be labeled a losing program.

All you have to do is look to our east, what did playing and losing all those OCC did for UCF? Nothing, they lighten the load and go 8-5 and the fan base and news think of them as winners.

Kansas State is a perfect example of turning that image around by controlling their OCC games.

We played and lost to Penn St and Miami last year,What did it do for our visibility?

Wether you like it or not we are not to the level of those top BCS teams and i would rather not play them or play only one until we are ready.

Playing Kansas and North Carolina are more possible wins at this time,in the future  hope those become sure wins.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

And people talk about Bowden(FSU) going to play big teams and that's what made FL St - I disagree ... and Cuban put an excellent example with UCF.

I would much rather hear people say that "USF has a great record, but they played ..." than ... "USF is 6-6, but they lost on the road to ... they are just a few more years away ..."

Winning matters !!!  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

FSU didn't get to be a known team because they beat big teams, they became a known program for consistently having strong records year after year.  They did beat some big teams during that time, but it is the record that really matters more to get your name known consistently.

However, the flip side of that is you need to be in a strong enough conference so that you have a decent conference schedule.  The reason for that is because the computer rankings used in the BCS standings have a SOS component.  So, if you play a weaker OOC slate, and play in a weaker conference, you're never going to be sitting on the top of the BCS standings.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

It just upsets me to have some people on this board that have some fantasies about where our program stands.

FSU and UF spend more on football than our total sports program. Have been around and have built facilities over many years. Our program started from scratch 10 years ago,only got the athletic facility two years ago,just got into a BCS conference one year ago. But these people still expect USF to win recruiting battles with those squads.

I want that,and im sure well get there but it takes time and we are not there yet.

When we can get 65,000 fans to see WOFFORD like the FSU's,UF's do then we can talk about having similar fan support.