• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to schedule OCC games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why do you think Florida doesn't play top 25 programs...do you think it's because they're afraid of a loss?  It could be...they're interested in playing for the national championship.Do you think their fans want Notre Dame to come in and open the year for them...I would think not.  They are all about wins, losses and rankings.  Guess what...it's worked for them. I'm sure they figure they're going to lose a conference game every year so why chance an OOC loss?

They have 6 top 25 programs from a year ago on their schedule...and in 2008 they play Miami and Florida State together...they might not go out of state to play an OOC game, but they do play tough schedule which inludes the hardest schedule in the country this year

FSU...you see their schedule this year...heck, the ACC overall...you saw their OOC games listed earlier.

FSU has multiple top 25 caliber teams listed in the next ten years that include Colorado, Oklahoma, Alabama, and WVU amongst others...I'll give them a pass for a year. Bowden is always down to play big competition.

Deal with reality...we will have a patsy dot the schedule.  We are going to need some to make it all work.  Also...do you think there are not about 80 schools trying to pursue home/home with the Michigans and Ohio States?  I love football, I love USF and I want us to play the best schedule possible but it's not as easy as some of you want to suggest.  I applaud USF for trying to stick to the home/home deal.

It isn't easy at all, but the home and home deal for now is yielding Kansas ( a program who's recent 1 and 1's included UNLV, Wyoming, and will be playing a 1 & 1 starting @ Toldeo this year) and UNC ( who has 2 1&1's with ECU scheduled), while it's great Miami has given us two home dates, those are just 2 games in the next 8 years...Kansas and UNC aren't bringing the games to Tampa that will attract the recruits, give us TV time, or excite the casual fan as a whole.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic