• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is Seth so disliked.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Right Altron and BB are only top 5 all time scoring in CUSA.  Think Altron is still #1.  Those dudes sucked!

;D

How many players played all four years in C-USA?

Exactly how long is "all-time" in C-USA?

Granted those players were some of the best we recruited, but we coudn't win the big games with them.  What were we under Seth against AP ranked teams?  Something like 0-26?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

It was time for him to move on. I didn't hate Seth at all, I just grew tired of him. It became the same thing every year. You'd get you hopes up as we start out like 9-1 and then have it ripped out every year as we flopped in Feb-March and failed to produce in the post season. Seth had some VERY talented teams but they could never capitalize. I recall BB & Altron's junior year, some preseason publications had predicted us to be a Sweet 16 team; we failed to even qualify for the tourney that year. Some other recurring issues, free throw woes EVERY year, disciplinary issues, late season flops, didn't sit well with many.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

He is gone so let it go.  Face forward and get behind the coaching staff we have now.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

A.) His constant job shopping.

B.) Free throw percentage (I think is a good indictaion of the coaching ability)

c.) He was over USF and it showed

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

He is gone so let it go.  Face forward and get behind the coaching staff we have now.

He admitted to being a newbie and was just trying to get some history on our program, I see nothing wrong with it. Although I have a feeling this thread will get out of hand, much like any other Seth thread.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67

Right Altron and BB are only top 5 all time scoring in CUSA.  Think Altron is still #1.  Those dudes sucked!

;D

Did I say they sucked. I said there was no improvement. B.B. and Altron were the same players leaving that they were when the walked on campus. I spent a whole season with the guy. He just yelled for players to run his system at practice. I'll give him credit, some of his quips were pretty funny. Magadan was a better coach but not the self-promoter that Seth was.

Seth had the guys in points, steals and assist but never made it to the dance.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Seth could never get the most out of his players...so many high hopes came crashing down in March. His kids weren't the most outstanding citizens either, but we wont get into that. At the end of the day, he couldnt win a game that mattered, and never even managed to get us to the Semis of the CUSA tourney.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

It started when he arrived and in his 'Welcome to USF' speech he derided the Bobby Paschal era ("We won't be going to the Big Dance simply by winning the lowly Sun Belt conference title"  This totally ignored the fact that USF was an at large invitee on its second trip).

If you asked him a question after the game in the Green & Gold room that he didn't like, he'd flame you right there.

And he never delivered on his grandious promises.  All talk, no action.  

His players quit on him regularly.  If he could have gotten the output late in the season that Mac got last year, USF would have been superb.

I'll take CRM's class over Seth's lack thereof any day.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

I was a Seth supporter until the middle of his last season here, when i just got tired of seeing us compete in the first half of the games, and then come out flat in the second.  I remember the USF vs UF game at the Sundome in 2001-2002 season, we finished the first half tied with the Gaytors and then came out in the 2nd half flat as can be losing by a lot.  I also remember watching the game and hearing Dickie V. say "All the students are heading towards the doors, its not over yet..."  The players didn't play to their potential, and the fans got tired of seeing it.  With the teams we had back then, we could have made a name for ourselves, instead we went backwards and couldn't do anything.  Free throws were pathetic, we couldn't shoot them flatout.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

RMC is liked because, his players compete the entire game and never give up.  We can actually make free throws and he is a all around good guy who wants the best for his players.