• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Bum Deal...  HOT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the information about the funds.  That will give us a true idea of what HOT really NEEDS!  If every alumni would just give $1.00 then think of the amount they would have to work with.  We have great minds on the message board and perhaps when we put our minds to it we will come up with a hot plan for HOT! We will certainly play up the CD at the Pinellas Pre Season Tailgate on August 19th at Capogna's Dugout in Clearwater from 2-6.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

where is the HOT cd??? so many were willing to purchase it before the bowl game...would have been great driving to NC with that blasting...I fully support HOT...just an idea but if HOT came out with a cd the school could buy one and play it at the games (away and home) and save tons of money..just joking!!! lets me real..a band is so important to the school and there sports program...lets not jump the gun and think we are gong to loose the band or reduce the sports program to support it..I am sure Judy supports the band ( i hope )..mabye we need to look into more fund raisers or corporte monies...HOT is so kool

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Love the band and think they should play every game!

HEY!  Check out South West Air.  $44.00 to North Carolina and Cincy for this years away games. You have to book them by tomorrow..

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Idea #1: How about a pledge drive or a paid/donation driven request campaign.

Collect money pregame/at the entrance to the stadium/in season ticket mailer. Give fans (generated from a very casual survey) a choice of music they would like to hear played at the games (or even not played at the games (ie: Queens BR) then ask/charge $5 per vote. Include a spot for write ins and let one ballot be drawn at random to lead the band in some superflous thing. (onto the field)

Explain that it is a fundraiser for the HOT Uniforms and you only need to raise $150,000 and I'll bet you will be surprised. Challenge the greeks. Hell tell the local gators they can get you to play thier fight song for $150K. Then tell Terry he can stop it if he raises more money. That kinda thing works. I paid $40 at Howl at the Moon to get some Yankees fans crap off the board and replace it with "All Yankee fans are jack-offs. New uniforms on the way! I bet you could raise $5k on NO ELTON JOHN votes alone.

If you need help I'll volunteer some time.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552

that sucks about not having uniforms, I can feel from the club sport stand point as we have old uniforms and bigger schools (UCF, UGA, Tenn., etc) refer to them as our Walmart jerseys. The school cut back on funding for club sports because of cuts all around I was told.

Does anyone have contact information on the HOT, Id like to get some of them out to a club sporting eventing. ERAU brings there band EVERY where with them... I think it would be fun to get part of the HOT out to one event.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

The cd is not out yet but hopefully soon to be purchased.  Keep the great ideas coming.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Who do we need to email to show our displeasure in this matter

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Can the HOT sell the sponsorship rights to the halftime show and pregame show?  

In the game program and over the PA system announce that the halftime show is being sponsored by "insert company name".

Or do they already do this now and I have not noticed?

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

They can sell sponsorship rights to their uniforms. I can see it now little sponsor patches all over they look like NASCAR drivers with tubas  ;) ;D

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

As nice as the raffle donations and CDs are the numbers HOT put up would be hard to reach using those ideas. This isn't a high school band earning money to go to states in Orlando. I know every penny counts, but your litterally talking about pennies there.

Here's a better idea, notify some of those supporters of the band who have given money in the past. Notify George Steinbrenner...he just spent MILLIONS on a band complex, uniforms, and practice field at UF.

This is a case where unless you have a lot of money to give (and student loans don't make that a possibility) it's going to be rough to get the type money they need.

HOT does this mean you might not make the RIDE to Orlando for USF/UCF?