• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When are the away game packages going to be posted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Its that time of year to start planning the away games.  I couldnt find any info related to packages and tickets.  Usually the info is posted by now.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking the same....

Info please.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Hello Everyone:

We typically put the information up in early July and we are still on target for that.  We've got several new places we've never traveled to before so the planning takes a little more effort that our usual locations.  We are also trying to find a safe, secure location for our tailgate in Orlando.

I'll keep you posted.  I will let you know that the tailgates will be about $35 per person and we will have a childrens rate this year.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

Hello Everyone:

We typically put the information up in early July and we are still on target for that.  We've got several new places we've never traveled to before so the planning takes a little more effort that our usual locations.  We are also trying to find a safe, secure location for our tailgate in Orlando.

I'll keep you posted.  I will let you know that the tailgates will be about $35 per person and we will have a childrens rate this year.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

good luck with that!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

We are also trying to find a safe, secure location for our tailgate in Orlando.

You could offer packages with or without Kevlar vests...  ;)

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

good luck with that!

Yes, thats going to be a tough feat.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

We are also trying to find a safe, secure location for our tailgate in Orlando.

Probably any straight bar or tavern should be pretty much UCF free ....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Hello Everyone:

Eric

Eric I really think the price for the tailgate should be evaluated.  I attended 3 road games and the bowl game last year and did not attend a USF sponsored tailgate due to the price.  

Most of our groups consisted of at least 4 people.  At 4 x 35 you have 140 bucks for the group.  That's enough to cook steaks and buy a keg for the group with enough to spare for parking.  

I have no clue how attendance is for these events, but I believe that if the price was lowered more fans would attend.

Is the thinking set the price high to pull in the more affluent crowd/the high dollar donors and leave the crazies to tailgate with the rest?

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Actually, the thinking is to cover as much of our costs for the event as possible so that it doesn't take away from our budget.  At most places, our cost per person is upwards of $50 per person.  We are at the mercy of the vendors that we are required to use at some places.  If we do an outside event, the cost of a large enough tent, table and chair rentals, security, portable toilets, etc. all run up our cost of doing these events.  It's not just the cost of doing food.  

We've agreed to the $35 per person charge and then a discounted rate for children between 5-13 and the young tots will get in free.  We fully expect that we will lose money on these but we want to provide the experience for those not as ambitious as you.

Believe me we'd love to do it cheaper but it is not realistic.  Thanks.

Eric

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  116

I have attended some of the home and away "official" tailgates. I try my best to support these events, but bottom line they are pretty lame. Dont get me wrong the set up (tables, linens, etc) are nice, but the 1 or 2 drink limit blows. For $35+ you should be able to get loose if you want. Check out what our "competitors" due, their almun tailgates are usually all out. Can the drink limit be waved at these things or are we still in the Prohibition period?

WAR ORLANDO! Lets show them Knights how we roll!