• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Middle Tenn State can do it, why cant USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Painting the field one heaviest decisions!!! ROTFLMAO

Why do you exist?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Did you take a gander at  how they keep the fans up on the progress of the work being done on their football field?

If not go to the home page and click on the "construction cam" icon.

Did you take a gander at how desperate they are for fans?  They had 20k fans for opening day, then they had 12k the following home game (which happened to be family day), then an amazing 17k for the next game, then 9,900 the next game, and 11,600 for their final home game.

Last year they made us look like Michigan.  At this point I'd guess they'd let fans coach the team if they promised to buy season tixs.

Absolutely asinine they would include fans in such activity other than the fact that they're so desperate for fans.  I hope we never get to the point that we need to cowtail to fans and beg for interest.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Why do you exist?

Brad put him here to make us all look smarter ............. it's working better than anticipated.

OT: Why are there links to Rick Stockstill football camps on the MTSU website? Isn't he the ex-FSU qb?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Brad put him here to make us all look smarter ............. it's working better than anticipated.

OT: Why are there links to Rick Stockstill football camps on the MTSU website? Isn't he the ex-FSU qb?

Duh!  Rick Stockstill is the Head Football Coach at MTSU.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Duh!  Rick Stockstill is the Head Football Coach at MTSU.

That would explain it then...... I just glanced at their 2005 media guides.

Thanks for the info .... you can go back to being a dumbass again.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Did you take a gander at how desperate they are for fans?  They had 20k fans for opening day, then they had 12k the following home game (which happened to be family day), then an amazing 17k for the next game, then 9,900 the next game, and 11,600 for their final home game.

Last year they made us look like Michigan.  At this point I'd guess they'd let fans coach the team if they promised to buy season tixs.

Absolutely asinine they would include fans in such activity other than the fact that they're so desperate for fans.  I hope we never get to the point that we need to cowtail to fans and beg for interest.

Bien,

MTSU has been caught a few times fudging the attendance numbers. I know most NCAA schools do it, it makes it loook like people give a crap about their program. (See: Eastern Michigan)

The problem with schools like that isn't one we see as much in Florida. The University of Tennessee pretty much owns every fan in that state, and trying to get people to like your small football team is very hard. Teh same bodes for any of the Michigan schools compared to Michigan and to a lessor extent Michigan State.

They're just trying their damnest to win fans by making them feel apart of the decision making process. It's not something we really need to do at this point.

PS - Three years ago they had an Outkast concert at the stadium after the game to assure attendance was high, so they wouldn't drop below the 17,000 the NCAA required for average attendance.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bien,

MTSU has been caught a few times fudging the attendance numbers. I know most NCAA schools do it, it makes it loook like people give a crap about their program. (See: Eastern Michigan)

The problem with schools like that isn't one we see as much in Florida. The University of Tennessee pretty much owns every fan in that state, and trying to get people to like your small football team is very hard. Teh same bodes for any of the Michigan schools compared to Michigan and to a lessor extent Michigan State.

They're just trying their damnest to win fans by making them feel apart of the decision making process. It's not something we really need to do at this point.

PS - Three years ago they had an Outkast concert at the stadium after the game to assure attendance was high, so they wouldn't drop below the 17,000 the NCAA required for average attendance.

thanks Joe, there 2004 season was even worse for attendance.  Two games below 10,000, these are are struggling almost as bad as FAU and FIU.  To think USF has more season tickets then these teams average in attendance.  I am with one poster that says i want a man running the Athletic Department not some guy cowtailing to every donor or fan.  Woolard makes choices, some we respect, some we don't like, but in the end he makes choices.  He certainly gets fan feedback by personal interaction, but a poll, a vote...that's purely asinine!

A bit off topic, but you know you could say USF and MTSU are a bit like stars crossing in the night.  We played up at MTSU in 2000 at the end of the season.  They put a sorry beating on us, but at the time we were very similar programs, average close to the same attendance, with lots of promise, potential, and talent.  MTSU never capitalizes, never got to a bowl, gets pigeon holed into the SunBelt, can never develop decent programs outside of football, and now they're a desperate program.  In 2000 USF was preparing to enter C-DOA, we were just starting to spread our wings.  Look at last year, now compare this year....MTSU was a decent lower-tier non-BCS program in 2000, now it's an also-ran in the Sun, whereas USF has only gone up.

See how easy it is to be on the otherside of the fence.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree, a lot of these smaller programs (and unsuccessful professional sports franchises) feel the need to "drop their pants" for the fans. What makes a school successful is for people to have a vested interest in the product.

MTSU is obviously trying to create it, but in the mean time is taking power away from the athletic dept. It's really quite sad. The real way to do it is to show a commitment to improving your product, team, etc. That will bring the fans out.