• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PATHETIC!

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

SBien and Bullish are both on the mark with their recent comments...that is why Ari is so funny stating that it is pathetic that we underpaid an underachiever...Let's wait and see whether USF commits to its next skipper in terms of salary, facilities timetable and promotion.  No better time than now to turn the corner with USF Baseball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Hyundai is spelled right.

shalom.

Then what were you trying to spell here:

Ari is right , if you buy a Hyundia then you get a Hyundia.  The 25,000 dollar question, no pun intended, is what do we pay the poor tennis coach?  EC isnt feeling too bad, he actually ends up getting a pay raise with his new job at FedEx.  That really is pathetic.

your second favorite,

herman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Too much manischewitz

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Nice Triple B! If i knew how to post pictures I wouldve put one up! And good call with which one is Ari!

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

Too much manischewitz

Thanks for starting my day out with a laugh!  ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Too much manischewitz
Or not enough Slivovitz.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Do you write donation checks to help cover it?

Until we have a donor base that provides enough funds to help the olympic sports they'll always be on the short end of the stick.

Just where do you think the cash comes from to pay everyone?

This sums it ALL up ... donors are to blame for anything. The school gets money from us ... and there are not enough of us'es  or we'ins  8)  

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Ari and Herman kinda remind me of those two old guys from the muppets! ...

LMAO ...  ;D

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Bien - based on your logic, it is PATHETIC that USF kept Coach C when he clearly did not deserve to be kept.

There is a sense of apathy around USF and it keeps getting swept under the rug of they are taking baby steps because they are growing. A school this size, should be able to fire a coach that is only making $64K per year. Instead they keep giving him more rope to hang himself while saving a few bucks and now eventually have set back the baseball program (the only sports TEAM that has actually made it to multiple tournaments).

Before anyone asks, yes I donate money and time to USF Athletics.

You're taking a 'damned if they do, or damned if they don't' attitude to this.  There are multiple projects going on at USF....our AD just came aboard 20 months ago, clearly getting comfortable with the surroundings and the accomplishments of each coach and program.

I would agree that say 7-8 years ago when Cardieri's decline happened there was some apathy, but then other things were more important, and to their defense (SOMETHING YOU CLEARLY AGREE WITH) Cardieri had a lot of early success so they probably went along with his assurances that things were going to improve.   Then the Athletic Facility getting built, entering BE, new AD....now he's fired.  No apathy anymore, the hangover might have carried for a while but Doug Woolard is committed to building the best **** athletic program in the Big East.   The hoops coach is on watch now, he didn't renew, extend, or improve his contract this spring basically telling him the same message he said to Cardieri last spring.  Do something then we'll talk.

Greg showed that Lelo Prado (who frankly I would not be doing jumping jacks over hiring, I would rather go after UT's current guy, who's won more in a shorter time at UT then Prado) at UL, the Big East school with oodles of cash, was only paying him $110,000.  Sure Greg made a big deal that it was like 65% higher than what we paid EC, however EC hadn't done enough to deserve a raise, and frankly that's not an egregious difference.  It's not like when Leavitt was making $550k last year and Coach Petrino $1.4M.  That's a serious difference particularly when Leavitt had beaten Petrino 2 out of 3 meetings.  

You've got to look at this as a fresh start.  The right idea to cut him lose, the right time.  Eddie gave a lot to USF, and it was right of USF to give him ample time to right the ship, albeit without rewarding him with a fat new contract until the ship was truly righted.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with the timing, the salary, or how and when it was done.  Wait to see what we do with the new hiring before criticizing to much.